Sunshine8

Is it possible to do a medical so close to the interview date?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do a medical so close to the interview date like for example:

Days 1 and 2 do the medical and just handcarry the medical result for the interview on Day 3?

This is not my first medical though cos i passed the first one but it expired on me that's why I have to do another medical.

I suggest you do the medical ahead in case you have problem and they need to do sputum culture just like most of the applicant have encountered it will give you enough time to get your medical done on time before your interview...Godbless you in your journey:-)

I am not sure how Phillipine Embassy works, but in Ukraine Lena went day before interview for her Medical and brought with her to interview. So yes I think.

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

The USEM told me that you have to do the medical at least a week ahead of the Interview. I know some people have done the medical in the same week as the interview and had no problems but I personally would not chance it.

Also, St Lukes forwards the medical results and your passport directly to the Embassy so you are not allowed to hand carry it.

Edited by Zai & Gary

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was wondering about this, i read somewhere that it takes two weeks, so is it one week or two?

now im confused.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you know i think its depend cuzz me my medical scd.is sept.23 then i go back again sept 28.. then my interview is oct 1.. kya cgro bgo ka mg pa schd.ng interview unahin mo muna medical mo cuzz somtimes it takes manny days b-4 u get your result.yun lng ma e share ko :D

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Maxx121, the medical examination takes at least 2 to 3 days to be completed. From there, St. Luke's knows when your interview date is and they will forward the results to the USEM along with your passport before that date.

Sunshine8, better to get the medical examination done well in advance of your interview (some of the veteran VJ members suggest 3 to 4 weeks before the interview). That way, if they detect anything, there is time to do additional tests without worrying about rescheduling your interview date...unless you test positive for TB and require DO (doctor's office) treatment onsite at the St. Luke's clinic.

I have heard some people advise that if your absolutely, positively certain about the state of your health AND you have all the documentation for the interview ready, then you can safely set the medical at least 7 to 10 days before your interview. It would be seriously foolish to set it so close to the interview date...you never know what things will happen to delay your process...like the weather, human errors, and Lord knows what else.

I can understand why you are somewhat in a rush to get all these things done, since your first medical examination lapsed, but for your sake it would be better to be worried about doing things right this time around.

Good luck with your medical exam!

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Do a medical so close to the interview date like for example:

Days 1 and 2 do the medical and just handcarry the medical result for the interview on Day 3?

Yes, it is possible. There have been reports here on VJ where people have interviewed a day or two after successfully completing their medical.

Here is my understanding of how it works: when you go to your medical, tell St. Lukes about your situation. St. Lukes will return your passport to you so that you have it for your interview. I'm not sure if St. Lukes will also allow you to take your x-ray CD or your medical results to your interview. I don't know how they handle that part of it. Maybe someone will chime in with the answer.

In the past some VJers have reported being put on AR until the medical arrives at the Embassy and the CO has time to review the case.

It is no big deal, just a little longer wait for the visa.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.