6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please bare with me this is so confusing for me. I have a few ?'s My father is our co-sponsor this is his income resources: VA Pension,SSD,Retirement and he has an IRA. My mother passed away a year ago next month so ofcourse she is on his tax transcripts this is the last time he files married/jointly. On his transcripts ofcourse it only shows the taxable income. VA Pension is not one of them and this is the majority of his income 35,000 just last year. Can we count this income and if we can what do we need to have for proof? The only thing they gave him was a printout of last years total they paid him. He does have direct deposit thats the only current proof. Can his IRA be used as income or asset? If so, where would he list it on the I-864? Should we send in the original/certified death certificate with a letter of explanation? on the 2009 transcript it lists my mother as decd. If we do what would this letter contain? My last question thank goodness. My fathers birth name is Jackie but he uses Jack even on legal documents like 07-08 transcripts but not 09 and on his bank statements and letters from VA. I know he needs to write a letter of explanation for this. The truth is his birth name is female to him so he used Jack all these years. He still holds a grudge toward my grandmother for this. What will NVC accept in a letter about his name? Will we need anything else to send with it? Sorry for the length of this post. Thank You For Your Time And Patience In Advance!!! Good Luck With Your Visa Journeys!!! :help:

uuykxfxaj.png

5CKxJL5.jpg5CKxm5.pngUKm0.jpg

ROC TIMELINE

Sent I-751: 05/29/2012
Rcvd I-751: 05/30/2012
Cashed Check: 06/08/2012
Date on NOA #1: 05/30/2012
Date Rcvd NOA #1: 06/11/2012
Biometrics Notice Date: 06/25/2012
Rcvd Biometrics Notice: 06/29/2012
Biometrics Appointment: 07/12/2012

Requested Evidence Of Good Faith Marriage RFE: 02-16-2013

Respond to RFE before: 05/07/2013

Mailed Response Pkg: 05/01/2013

USPS Overnight-CSC Rcvd Pkg: 05/02/2013

Rcvd Notice Transferred Case to Local Office for Interview: 05/23/2013

Rcvd Interview Letter: 06/15/2013

Interview Date: 07/18/2013

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Please bare with me this is so confusing for me. I have a few ?'s My father is our co-sponsor this is his income resources: VA Pension,SSD,Retirement and he has an IRA. My mother passed away a year ago next month so ofcourse she is on his tax transcripts this is the last time he files married/jointly. On his transcripts ofcourse it only shows the taxable income. VA Pension is not one of them and this is the majority of his income 35,000 just last year. Can we count this income and if we can what do we need to have for proof? The only thing they gave him was a printout of last years total they paid him. He does have direct deposit thats the only current proof. Can his IRA be used as income or asset? If so, where would he list it on the I-864? Should we send in the original/certified death certificate with a letter of explanation? on the 2009 transcript it lists my mother as decd. If we do what would this letter contain? My last question thank goodness. My fathers birth name is Jackie but he uses Jack even on legal documents like 07-08 transcripts but not 09 and on his bank statements and letters from VA. I know he needs to write a letter of explanation for this. The truth is his birth name is female to him so he used Jack all these years. He still holds a grudge toward my grandmother for this. What will NVC accept in a letter about his name? Will we need anything else to send with it? Sorry for the length of this post. Thank You For Your Time And Patience In Advance!!! Good Luck With Your Visa Journeys!!! :help:

Good questions. First, if income is sufficient, just leave all asset questions blank. An IRA is an asset. For this kind of situation I would indicate retired and VA pension and if also employed, show that too. Add his income together from all sources when you state current income. Yes, I would include the death certificate and a brief explanation of the name issue. Don't forget to include evidence of his US Citizenship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank You Very Much!!! :)

uuykxfxaj.png

5CKxJL5.jpg5CKxm5.pngUKm0.jpg

ROC TIMELINE

Sent I-751: 05/29/2012
Rcvd I-751: 05/30/2012
Cashed Check: 06/08/2012
Date on NOA #1: 05/30/2012
Date Rcvd NOA #1: 06/11/2012
Biometrics Notice Date: 06/25/2012
Rcvd Biometrics Notice: 06/29/2012
Biometrics Appointment: 07/12/2012

Requested Evidence Of Good Faith Marriage RFE: 02-16-2013

Respond to RFE before: 05/07/2013

Mailed Response Pkg: 05/01/2013

USPS Overnight-CSC Rcvd Pkg: 05/02/2013

Rcvd Notice Transferred Case to Local Office for Interview: 05/23/2013

Rcvd Interview Letter: 06/15/2013

Interview Date: 07/18/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I have a question too, hopefully you can help me out. What type of income can be used for the AOS? My husband, for example is a full time student and army veteran, so he does have income just not from the regular job. Can that be listed on the AOS since he did get tax return with it for the last year. One more thing, can the money that he will just start getting (over $5,000 a month) also be used as a proof that he can support me? Thank you very much, best wishes to all of you.

Oct 2008 - met in Tacoma, Wa

Jan 2009 - engaged

Nov 03, 2009 - got married in Croatia

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - pregnant (expecting our first baby in Sep)

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Apr 2010 - NOA2 received - APPROVED

Apr 2010 - got NVC case number

Apr 2010 - DS3032 sent and accepted

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bills received

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bill paid

Jun 2010 - all documents sent to NVC

Jun 16, 2010 - NVC received all of our documents (according to the AVR)

Jun 28, 2010 - NVC sent us a RFE

Jun 30, 2010 - received the checklist from the NVC via email

Jul 01, 2010 - sent the corrected I-864 form back to NVC

Jul 12, 2010 - NVC has received the checklist letter response

Jul 21, 2010 - got SIF, case expedited cause of pregnancy, all the paperwork sent to the US embassy in Zagreb

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

Jul 27, 2010 - interview - APPROVED!

Aug 06, 2010 - POE - Seattle

nrRAp2.png

"I tell you good night with tears in my eyes,I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I'm not that tough. When I feel your embrace it will be alright, but my heart aches for you on this lonely night."

nrRAp2.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have a question too, hopefully you can help me out. What type of income can be used for the AOS? My husband, for example is a full time student and army veteran, so he does have income just not from the regular job. Can that be listed on the AOS since he did get tax return with it for the last year. One more thing, can the money that he will just start getting (over $5,000 a month) also be used as a proof that he can support me? Thank you very much, best wishes to all of you.

It depends on the income itself. If it's temporary for schooling, no. If he's retiring and it's either a pension or disability payment, yes. Please start your own thread for such different question though. Ok?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

It depends on the income itself. If it's temporary for schooling, no. If he's retiring and it's either a pension or disability payment, yes. Please start your own thread for such different question though. Ok?

Sure, np... thank you

Oct 2008 - met in Tacoma, Wa

Jan 2009 - engaged

Nov 03, 2009 - got married in Croatia

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - pregnant (expecting our first baby in Sep)

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Apr 2010 - NOA2 received - APPROVED

Apr 2010 - got NVC case number

Apr 2010 - DS3032 sent and accepted

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bills received

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bill paid

Jun 2010 - all documents sent to NVC

Jun 16, 2010 - NVC received all of our documents (according to the AVR)

Jun 28, 2010 - NVC sent us a RFE

Jun 30, 2010 - received the checklist from the NVC via email

Jul 01, 2010 - sent the corrected I-864 form back to NVC

Jul 12, 2010 - NVC has received the checklist letter response

Jul 21, 2010 - got SIF, case expedited cause of pregnancy, all the paperwork sent to the US embassy in Zagreb

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

Jul 27, 2010 - interview - APPROVED!

Aug 06, 2010 - POE - Seattle

nrRAp2.png

"I tell you good night with tears in my eyes,I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I'm not that tough. When I feel your embrace it will be alright, but my heart aches for you on this lonely night."

nrRAp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.