276 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

a book? ye gods. Well, I do have that wiki page - but that was the first step, I guess.

I've got some data from March and April on I-130 petitions for China - I think it's time to throw it all into a 'report', make some charts n graphs.

'agent instruction packet' - hard to say, for me - I THINK one receives this after the DS-3032 is accepted, actually.

IMO, this is a 'new title' for 'something', hence my request to repost it ;)

---

on a lighter note - have you thought about sending Arthur a 'cookie bouquet' ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

a book? ye gods. Well, I do have that wiki page - but that was the first step, I guess.

I've got some data from March and April on I-130 petitions for China - I think it's time to throw it all into a 'report', make some charts n graphs.

'agent instruction packet' - hard to say, for me - I THINK one receives this after the DS-3032 is accepted, actually.

---

Maybe it will help, seems as if when I speak with the ladies at NVC, I get more information than from the men. Then I throw in the fact my wife is 3.5 months pregnant and they will try even harder for me. I know that Electronic processing is a lot faster and with the fact that we are on a time line here because of the pregnancy, I hope it goes faster. They told me I should send "Supervisor Sue" an email and request and expedite because of the pregnancy. Then i was told that she (supervisor sue) actually sends the expedite request to Guangzhou and "They at GUZ" make the determination of the expedite or not. NOT NVC, odd. At any rate, I've read the "Agent" letter again and it is telling me how that the IV Bill is paid and how to proceed with submitting all DS-230 documents, all done at this point. Now I have a "Package" being reviewed.

Aruther,, I think i get him a lot because he probably is the same with everyone else and when we hear his voice, I just hang up and redial until I get someone else. Oh by the way, since we are using the electronic processing, the Automated system does not recognize the GZO, only GUZ.. so can't use it for accurate updated information.

Dan

Timeline

Dan - re: AVR - it's never current. Updates occur sporadically, the info on it is never because of a 'change in real time'. There's some batch process - so any event that occurred 2 days ago MIGHT show up tomorrow (ming tian) .

re: the expedite - IF YOU NOT HAVE ANY RFEs - I think you'll be fine without the expedite. NVC sets this appointment anyway - and usually is set anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 weeks from the 'setting date' time tick.

Yer getting real close - I had forgotten about the pregnancy !!! IMO, expect 'case complete' by the end of this week, with 'appointment date set' by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (again, barring any RFEs).

Ya - playing the 'pregnancy card' with the ladies might seem useful... But - how many times have you asked for a supervisor? (just asking...) This next time that you call, ask for a supervisor, mention the pregnancy, and inquire about case status.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

---

I'll try and repost the letter later.. or i can send you it via private email address.. then you can black out my wifes' name and gzo number if you want. I just tried to attach it as a file and did not work.

Timeline

I'll try and repost the letter later.. or i can send you it via private email address.. then you can black out my wifes' name and gzo number if you want. I just tried to attach it as a file and did not work.

Sure - send it to my priv email address - I'll send you a PM with it.

Timeline

This is the standard 'send us the DS-230' letter, sent after the IV fee bill is paid. I hate this version of it, though, as it's sent without further 'real-time internal status checking' at NVC - it's triggered to be sent when the IV fee bill is marked 'PAID', then batched out with the rest of them. This 'batch' - figure 3 to 4 days behind the actual event of the IV fee bill marked PAID. You can 'track this event' from the date on the letter, compare that date with what you've done and when. See? it's not in 'real time' at all.

I do wish they'd check this #######, as this 'agent instruction packet' absolutely does not apply to an NVC EP casefile, at all.

It is NOT the 'checklist letter' - thankfully.

IMO, you not need to 'do anything' to respond to this letter, at all. When you next talk to NVC though, be certain they have yer DS-230.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

This is the standard 'send us the DS-230' letter, sent after the IV fee bill is paid. I hate this version of it, though, as it's sent without further 'real-time internal status checking' at NVC - it's triggered to be sent when the IV fee bill is marked 'PAID', then batched out with the rest of them. This 'batch' - figure 3 to 4 days behind the actual event of the IV fee bill marked PAID. You can 'track this event' from the date on the letter, compare that date with what you've done and when. See? it's not in 'real time' at all.

I do wish they'd check this #######, as this 'agent instruction packet' absolutely does not apply to an NVC EP casefile, at all.

It is NOT the 'checklist letter' - thankfully.

IMO, you not need to 'do anything' to respond to this letter, at all. When you next talk to NVC though, be certain they have yer DS-230.

I am going to call them now... I hope Arthur does not answer.. Mr. Personality..

D-

Timeline

I am going to call them now... I hope Arthur does not answer.. Mr. Personality..

D-

OK.... Just got off the phone with "Penny' She was able to find out that they are going through a "Final" check to be sure everything is there and then it will be sent to GUZ. I asked if this is good news.. She said "Yes" that they do one final check before it is sent to Guangzhou.. With that Said I asked again, yes again, Do you have my DS-230 email? she said yes again and again made the comment "in final check".. So i guess it is all good news... Ever hear of the term "Final Check" ???

D-

Timeline

Not 'Final Check', but I do hear of 'Final Review', often.

Does sound positive, though... Penny Rocks ! :D

Timeline

Not 'Final Check', but I do hear of 'Final Review', often.

Does sound positive, though... Penny Rocks ! :D

We'll maybe that is the term she used.. It had the word "Final" in it. Maybe after that I had a brief mind melt.. I had a brief moment of elation,, then back to earth.. :blink: At least things are moving along, unlike their brothers at USCIS...

D-

Timeline

We'll maybe that is the term she used.. It had the word "Final" in it. Maybe after that I had a brief mind melt.. I had a brief moment of elation,, then back to earth.. :blink: At least things are moving along, unlike their brothers at USCIS...

D-

Trid logging in and got this message:

Sign In Failed

•Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

what does it really mean?

Dan

Timeline

'sign in failed' is a time tick. The next one is 'case complete at NVC'. FOR EP, the one AFTER CC is usually 'appointment letter recvd'.

Sounds like yer rolling forward !!! How's Arthur n Penny ? :D

You might want to 'check in' here -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/253341-nvc-may-2010-edition/

and re-read -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/page__view__findpost__p__3899963

Timeline

'sign in failed' is a time tick. The next one is 'case complete at NVC'. FOR EP, the one AFTER CC is usually 'appointment letter recvd'.

Sounds like yer rolling forward !!! How's Arthur n Penny ? :D

You might want to 'check in' here -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/253341-nvc-may-2010-edition/

and re-read -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/page__view__findpost__p__3899963

So, you are saying I'll get a letter saying "case complete at nvc" or when I try to login it will say "Case Complete at NVC" ??? Arthur,, butt head.. Penny nice !! Also.. AFTER CC ?? Ok I am brain dead about now with this process. So what you are saying. IF no "Check List" as it sounds as if there will NOT be one.. Next letter is Interview date,, correct? sorry but my brain is turning into mush... :blink:

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/page__view__findpost__p__3899963

click it:D read it:D

Don't be brain dead - you've a pregnant wife to think about. You can be braindead on the plane ride, ya?

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/page__view__findpost__p__3899963

click it:D read it:D

Don't be brain dead - you've a pregnant wife to think about. You can be braindead on the plane ride, ya?

Just read again.. CC = Case Complete.. So If no Check List,, next is Interview date.. yes On the way to back to Guangzhou for the interview I will brain dead and then as soon as I land, I'll be nervous until we get done with the interview.. and get the Pink Slip..

Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.