276 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Bon Voyage, my friend ! Safe Journey !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Bon Voyage, my friend ! Safe Journey !

In a few hours I"ll be on my way. As far as the "Paid" Receipts goes, when do i send that? After I get the new Case Number? or ???

Dan

Timeline

In a few hours I"ll be on my way. As far as the "Paid" Receipts goes, when do i send that? After I get the new Case Number? or ???

Dan

Called the NVC this morning and they told me that I need to include with Every Email the Cover sheets from the PAID AOS FEE BILL and/or the IV Fee Bill.. Sound right? We'll off to the airport in about one hour..

Dan

Timeline

Dan

You can view/store the paid receipts, sure - but -

once the casefile is converted to a GZO #,

you have to log in to the payment portal USING the GZO #

and

the casefile numbers on the coversheet and receipts actually changes to GZO.

So - for now - wait till conversion at NVC to GZO number.

(I confirmed this with another GUZ-bound EP filer last night, actually, who just got converted this Monday)

Called the NVC this morning and they told me that I need to include with Every Email the Cover sheets from the PAID AOS FEE BILL and/or the IV Fee Bill.. Sound right? We'll off to the airport in about one hour..

Dan

Yes - it sounds right - I had put that in the Wiki, already ..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You can view/store the paid receipts, sure - but -

once the casefile is converted to a GZO #,

you have to log in to the payment portal USING the GZO #

and

the casefile numbers on the coversheet and receipts actually changes to GZO.

So - for now - wait till conversion at NVC to GZO number.

(I confirmed this with another GUZ-bound EP filer last night, actually, who just got converted this Monday)

Yes - it sounds right - I had put that in the Wiki, already ..

Greetings Warren:

Here in Guangzhou and just received notice that we have our AOS Fee PAID.. Now do i wait until i get the new GZO Number before I start emailing anything?

Dan

Timeline

Greetings Warren:

Here in Guangzhou and just received notice that we have our AOS Fee PAID.. Now do i wait until i get the new GZO Number before I start emailing anything?

Dan

Oh, I've read a thread about the DS-230. The one i had my wife signed is to expire on 2/29/2012, sound about the right one? While I am here I really want to get her to sign the right form. At any Rate.. Just trying to get ready to send in all of my forms as soon as we get the GZO number.. Then The emails will Fly to NVC..

Just waiting on the email back from NVC...How long? been about one week now...

Timeline

Oh, I've read a thread about the DS-230. The one i had my wife signed is to expire on 2/29/2012, sound about the right one? While I am here I really want to get her to sign the right form. At any Rate.. Just trying to get ready to send in all of my forms as soon as we get the GZO number.. Then The emails will Fly to NVC..

Last comment . again..

the OPTIN.. I am now nervous because i see everyone has sent in from their wifes' email. I did it from mine on the instructions from NVC.. I did get automated response.. you think issues.

Dan

Timeline

Greetings Warren:

Dan

YES - do not email the I-864 or DS-230 until case is converted to GZO #.

That's the 'current' DS-230 - use that one.

Last comment . again..

the OPTIN.. I am now nervous because i see everyone has sent in from their wifes' email. I did it from mine on the instructions from NVC.. I did get automated response.. you think issues.

Dan

Maybe. We had 3 China members who got massive lag about this -4 weeks delay, then wife resent it. I covered this earlier, you hemmed n hawed about it, and took yer own path. Suggest strongly SHE send the OPT IN EMAIL soonish, in the next 24 hours.

Timeline

YES - do not email the I-864 or DS-230 until case is converted to GZO #.

That's the 'current' DS-230 - use that one.

Maybe. We had 3 China members who got massive lag about this -4 weeks delay, then wife resent it. I covered this earlier, you hemmed n hawed about it, and took yer own path. Suggest strongly SHE send the OPT IN EMAIL soonish, in the next 24 hours.

Greetings:

Back from Guangzhou today,, really, really sucks leaving the wife behind yet again.. Get's harder and harder every time. First thing back I called the NVC, says that our case has been converted to Electronic filing and awaiting our GZO number. Also got our IV bill today and paid it today. Going to call NVC one more time before I sleep and verify our electronic conversion and see if they can verbally give me the GZO number so tomorrow I can start to email our I-864 out. Then will wait on the NVC Site to show paid on the IV Fee, then I will send the rest of the files and then wait until we get our interview. I hope we will get a June interview date, never know. What are the odds on that one? I hope this will be the quick process. I have everything signed by the wife when I was with her in blue ink and then will scan tomorrow. A little tired from the flight, so I will continue tomorrow.

Dan

Timeline

Hey - thats great news - lots of new status whilst ye were in China. Yay !

Is possible to get a June interview date, you betcha - if no glitches at NVC. odds? better than 72 percent, and that number is straight out of my backside.

Timeline

Hey - thats great news - lots of new status whilst ye were in China. Yay !

Is possible to get a June interview date, you betcha - if no glitches at NVC. odds? better than 72 percent, and that number is straight out of my backside.

Hi Darnell;

Thanks again for the all of the good information. When I have time I'll try to write up a summary. maybe it will help out other guys here. In all of the information that I've read about the "OPTIN" email. All point to sending from the wifes email but I sent it from mine with no issues. Maybe they are getting better with the process. Also, they "NVC" said I can start sending all docs with the GUZ number and that the new GZO number and the OLD GUZ number are "married" from now on. But I am concerned about the P3 supplment because it says GUZ/GZO Number.. But they said it is ok.. your take on this? Also, I know in the subject line I need to always put the case number.. what about the body of the email? always put beneficary / petitioner name and information and a brief description of what the email is about? and the Attachments? especially paystubs. Try to create one big pdf with all pay stubs or send in all individually? Just want this process stream lined.

I do hope june interview date.. worse case July.... But regardless I am travling back to be with her for the interview. paid the IV last night too.. So Now i Just wait to show "paid" then i send in the DS-230, P3 Suypplement and all other documents. What about pictures? NVC says Do not Email pdf's of photos, only for Consulate interview. What do you think?

We'll I'll write more later.. thanks again..

Dan

Timeline

for NVC processing, paper or electronic, there IS a photo requirement. It's a PASSPORT style photo, of her, 2 sets. That's it. Do not submit other photos to show relationship evidence at NVC.

Ya, they can SAY @NVC, that the 2 casefiles are married, and I believe them, but I still suggest that you wait until you have the actual GZO casefile # - do not jump the gun, pull the trigger on sending the emails, until you have that GZO #.

re: pdf file prep. Try to include a COVER LETTER that includes the list of stuff per email, as a PDF file (or the first page in the pdf set). The email 'body' verbiage still might get yanked out, de-tached from the pdf files (no one knows, really, is no frickin feedback from NVC on this) and so you really want to duplicate (the cover letter) in both ascii (in the body of the email) and pdf (first page of the main attachment)

re: sending stuff - make sure it's 2 email sets - one for the DS-230, one for the I-864. It's OK to have more than 1 email per 'thing', but be sure to reference what 'thing' it's for.

Good Luck ! (and check yer spam / junk folder today, as well, for anything from NVC).

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Here are the major timeticks for NVC Electronic Processing for Guangzhou-bound casefiles

NVC Received USCIS CaseFile

NVC generates NVC CaseFile #

get the NVC CaseFile # from AVR

I call NVC, give them my email addresses, waiting for 'ds-3032 kit'

OPT IN emailed

AOS Fee Bill Received to my email

Pay AOS Fee Bill Online

AOS Fee Bill Payment Cleared

OPT IN accepted

GZO # generated

Submit I-864 via email

IV Fee Bill available to be paid online

IV Fee Bill Paid

IV Fee Bill Payment Cleared

Submit DS-230 via email

Sign In Fail @ Payment Portal

Checklist email received

Case Complete

Appointment Letter Emailed

----

You might want to copy that, put it in yer signature area here @ VJ, then put in the dates as things occur. Some of these time ticks might seem 'out of sequence', but it depends on 1--what goes on at the payment portal and 2--when the casefile is converted to GZO #

Some of these are NOT sequential, NOT serial, but occur in 'parallel' during this process.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Here are the major timeticks for NVC Electronic Processing for Guangzhou-bound casefiles

NVC Received USCIS CaseFile

NVC generates NVC CaseFile #

get the NVC CaseFile # from AVR

I call NVC, give them my email addresses, waiting for 'ds-3032 kit'

OPT IN emailed

AOS Fee Bill Received to my email

Pay AOS Fee Bill Online

AOS Fee Bill Payment Cleared

OPT IN accepted

GZO # generated

Submit I-864 via email

IV Fee Bill available to be paid online

IV Fee Bill Paid

IV Fee Bill Payment Cleared

Submit DS-230 via email

Sign In Fail @ Payment Portal

Checklist email received

Case Complete

Appointment Letter Emailed

----

You might want to copy that, put it in yer signature area here @ VJ, then put in the dates as things occur. Some of these time ticks might seem 'out of sequence', but it depends on 1--what goes on at the payment portal and 2--when the casefile is converted to GZO #

Some of these are NOT sequential, NOT serial, but occur in 'parallel' during this process.

Good Luck !

I paid our IV Bill already.. out of sequence and the guy at the NVC said I need to be sure that I make sure it is applied to our case. I signed in and saw the bill and paid it.. Maybe a bit early according to the guy again at NVC, I hope it doesn't cause problems. Still Do NOT have our GZO number yet.. I called about two hours ago and said no GZO Number yet. It was approved for electronic filing just yesterday so I need to wait a day or two because they have not "assigned" the GZO number yet.. Sound about right? how long before you think I should get my GZO Number? You think I should call everyday to "bug" them about it? Or just wait? Not one to just sit and wait for these guys. I think the sooner I get the GZO number the better......

Dan

Timeline

I paid our IV Bill already.. out of sequence and the guy at the NVC said I need to be sure that I make sure it is applied to our case. I signed in and saw the bill and paid it.. Maybe a bit early according to the guy again at NVC, I hope it doesn't cause problems. Still Do NOT have our GZO number yet.. I called about two hours ago and said no GZO Number yet. It was approved for electronic filing just yesterday so I need to wait a day or two because they have not "assigned" the GZO number yet.. Sound about right? how long before you think I should get my GZO Number? You think I should call everyday to "bug" them about it? Or just wait? Not one to just sit and wait for these guys. I think the sooner I get the GZO number the better......

Dan

After reading your post again.. questions:

What is this about sign in failing at payment portal?

Also I was told to always submit "ALL" documents for the I-864 at one time and then when I email the DS-230 to send in all at once also.. Sound right?

Dan

After reading your post again.. questions:

What is this about sign in failing at payment portal?

Also I was told to always submit "ALL" documents for the I-864 at one time and then when I email the DS-230 to send in all at once also.. Sound right?

Dan

Oh Here is what my timing looks like so far:

NVC Received USCIS Case File: 12 April 2010

NVC Generates NVC Case File: 13 April 2010

• Get NVC Case Number: 13 April 2010

• Received DS-3032 Kit: 15 April 2010

• Received AOS Fee Bill: 15 April 2010

• Paid AOS Fee Bill: 15 April 2010

• OPTIN Email Sent: 14 April 2010

AOS Fee Bill Cleared: 19 April 2010

• OPTIN Accepted: 26 April 2010

• OPTIN Case Number Received:

• GZO Number Received:

• IV Fee Bill Available On Line: 26 April 2010

• IV Fee Bill Paid: 26 April 2010

• IV Fee Bill Cleared:

• Submitted DS-230 & Documents:

• Sign in Failed @Payment Portal:

• Checklist email received:

• Case Completed:

• Appointment Letter Received:

Since NVC has recived our file it has been 14 Days..... Sound right so far?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.