dhyatt

Has anyone tried this K1 Visa Service?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A friend of mine whom is doing the same thing I am doing ( trying to get my fiance to the US to get married ) found this website. http://www.filipinafianceevisa.com/index.htm I was just wondering if anyone has done this and has had experience with this service. If so, is this all legit and does it work ??

Most of the people here did their own visa package.

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
A friend of mine whom is doing the same thing I am doing ( trying to get my fiance to the US to get married ) found this website. http://www.filipinafianceevisa.com/index.htm I was just wondering if anyone has done this and has had experience with this service. If so, is this all legit and does it work ??

I retained a firm before I understood the process. After going through VJ and looking at all the info here, I wish I had kept my money. Sometimes I think I know more about the visa process than my lawyer does. A lot of visa services are not even law firms... Simply companies who understand the visa process and can help guide you in the process... I have not had any real trouble from my firm, but I have heard other people say that a lawyer held them up in the process.

On the other hand if your friend has a complex case that requires waivers and/or a specialized case, a lawyer may be for them. Some people like to be helped and some people are independent...

Best of luck to you and your friend

Neil

Edited by Nill

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you weill take the time to study and understand the guides and instructions you can do this yourself. If you simply cannot or do not have the time, I would recommend a visa service over an attorney. This is not "attorney work" it is work for someone that understands the visa process, one need not be an attorney to be of great help. I cannot comment on this particular visa service.

Visa services, good ones, tend to offer much better and more comprehensive "service". They probably have people that speak your fiancee's langauge, can consult with her, ease her mind, etc. Many also do translations, attorneys almost never do those things. Visa services are usually cheaper, but not always, than attorneys. At any rate, for the price they offer more service. Having anyone else do it for you WILL take longer than you COULD do it yourself. After all, YOU can drop everything and work ONLY on your case, they cannot, they have to work on many clients cases so there is built in delays there. No service or attorney can speed up the process...not even possible. If they tell you this it is a LIE, run away from them. Typically they will show you the worthless USCIS "timelines" and then show you samples of their cases. Big deal. Study these forums and you will see some people get approved in 30 days and some in 6 months, there is no rhyme or reason to it. If I do enough visas I can show you plenty that got done quickly. USCIS uses the "oldest" case in the system for their timeline, so everyone is faster (unless YOU become the "new" oldest case)

But if you have a busy work schedule, are afraid you cannot do it (a mistake can set you back months, no doubt) or just don't want to deal with it, then check out several visa services before making a decision

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys, I pretty much have everything in order. I just need to do a few more things and my fiance still has to send me her part. The only reason I was considering a service is because I just want this whole thing to go smooth and be approved. But after reading the replys I think I will just stick to doing it myself. Thanks again ! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.