ken86

Stll under AP!!!Got excited for nothing!!!

23 posts in this topic

I have been reading over your AP and was surprised when you got the passport back without the visa inside. It does happen sometimes but now other issues are coming to light.

i dont know wats goin on!!!!

well i called embassy today and they said you have to sumbit documents for ur daughter,,,,and do not hide anything from us and disclose everything to us...

i feel like i did some crime or something...it really hurted me,.....Do u think its a sign of denial......i dont knw what to do,,,im big time confused....feel like im gonna lost everything,....we contacted our congressmen too and lets see wats gonna happen ,,,??..help me god.... :crying:

This is good that you have an elected official to maybe help with your case now. Be aware that once a congressional representative starts talking with the embassy then the embassy will usually not respond to you personally. The elected representative is the go between. How old is your wife's daughter? I think you stated maybe she was your daughter and they are wanting proof of whom the father is? I do not see it as big of a an issue if they verify the paternity and date of birth on the step-daughter. Couples marry all the time and the kids are brought up and discussed at the interview. My husband was asked about my son's and how he accepted them when he had his IV interview a few years back.

I also agree with Minya's wife on submitting the documents once you get the letter and make sure to enclose a reply from you stating that the child is not your biological child. That you are calling her your daughter since you married her mother. Make it all clear in your submission.

A consult also with an immigration attorney that deals with Indian cases would not be a bad idea as well. I know you were stressing out about the AP and they cannot help with security checks but in the case of the options with this petition it might be helpful.

Fire w wind is wrong in stating to not comply with the embassy request since this is a marriage visa I-130. Any issues that come up in prior petition(s) will be brought up once again when it is refiled. Also, not trying to get this approved and issued would be a red flag to me if wait and refile. Everything that happens with your files will remain with that file. A resubmission would need the original file number in the documents so you would just be extending the processing by not addressing this now.

1. Calm down and make a plan of action.

2. Draft your letter concerning the paternity of the child.

3. See if the congressional staff will be able to talk to the embassy since you have already contacted them?

4. Make sure you have the documents ready to submit to USE.

5. Consult with an attorney and see if they see an issue? It would be worth the little investment to ease you mind.

Hopefully, once you submit he documents they will be able to continue processing with your case. Also, be aware that if you still endure AP it could be for security checks.

Mary

Thanks Mary

my daughter is just turned 2...and im ready to send those papers to embassy....but im waiting from them to send me a letter or another 221g...well..i cant hire a lawyer..coz thts out of ma budget.....and we contacted congressman,,,,they said they have forwarded my case to new delhi...so they are wiating to hear from them,,,,

well my marriage is getting in trouble too....my wife lost her job due to recession..,,,she doesnt have money to takecare of child...shes gonna loose her appt and stuff and i cant send her money too...coz i dont have enough.....well im goin thru lot of stress right now...and dont knw..wat to do,...so..all i can do is wait,wait and wait,,,,thts it...

My Timeline

14/07/2007----Met at Cousins Party (Notre dame, Indiana)

15/07/2007----Started talking (Exchange phone numbers)

31/08/2007----went back to India (For Family Issues)

2/10/2007---- Came Back to USA (Started living together)

12/12/2007----MARRIED in INDIANA,USA

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

23/08/2008---- My wife came to india (stayed 3 months)

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

03/12/2008----Wife went back to USA

17/12/2008----Submit all documents @ VFS jullundher Packet 3.5

28/01/2009----Got interview date Packet 4: Feb 6th

29/01/2009----Went for medical

02/02/2009----GOT medical Report!! (all Fine)

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

28/02/2009---- Submitted 221g Documents with passport

18/03/2009---- Got passport without visa stamped on it

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

STILL UNDER AP!!!!! very Frustated

07/04/2009---- Case tranfered to FPU(fraud prevention unit)

15/06/2009---- Embassy asked me to submit my passport-----confused??

22/06/2009---- Got Visa in Hand

10/07/2009---- POE Denver!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I have been reading over your AP and was surprised when you got the passport back without the visa inside. It does happen sometimes but now other issues are coming to light.

i dont know wats goin on!!!!

well i called embassy today and they said you have to sumbit documents for ur daughter,,,,and do not hide anything from us and disclose everything to us...

i feel like i did some crime or something...it really hurted me,.....Do u think its a sign of denial......i dont knw what to do,,,im big time confused....feel like im gonna lost everything,....we contacted our congressmen too and lets see wats gonna happen ,,,??..help me god.... :crying:

This is good that you have an elected official to maybe help with your case now. Be aware that once a congressional representative starts talking with the embassy then the embassy will usually not respond to you personally. The elected representative is the go between. How old is your wife's daughter? I think you stated maybe she was your daughter and they are wanting proof of whom the father is? I do not see it as big of a an issue if they verify the paternity and date of birth on the step-daughter. Couples marry all the time and the kids are brought up and discussed at the interview. My husband was asked about my son's and how he accepted them when he had his IV interview a few years back.

I also agree with Minya's wife on submitting the documents once you get the letter and make sure to enclose a reply from you stating that the child is not your biological child. That you are calling her your daughter since you married her mother. Make it all clear in your submission.

A consult also with an immigration attorney that deals with Indian cases would not be a bad idea as well. I know you were stressing out about the AP and they cannot help with security checks but in the case of the options with this petition it might be helpful.

Fire w wind is wrong in stating to not comply with the embassy request since this is a marriage visa I-130. Any issues that come up in prior petition(s) will be brought up once again when it is refiled. Also, not trying to get this approved and issued would be a red flag to me if wait and refile. Everything that happens with your files will remain with that file. A resubmission would need the original file number in the documents so you would just be extending the processing by not addressing this now.

1. Calm down and make a plan of action.

2. Draft your letter concerning the paternity of the child.

3. See if the congressional staff will be able to talk to the embassy since you have already contacted them?

4. Make sure you have the documents ready to submit to USE.

5. Consult with an attorney and see if they see an issue? It would be worth the little investment to ease you mind.

Hopefully, once you submit he documents they will be able to continue processing with your case. Also, be aware that if you still endure AP it could be for security checks.

Mary

Thanks Mary

my daughter is just turned 2...and im ready to send those papers to embassy....but im waiting from them to send me a letter or another 221g...well..i cant hire a lawyer..coz thts out of ma budget.....and we contacted congressman,,,,they said they have forwarded my case to new delhi...so they are wiating to hear from them,,,,

well my marriage is getting in trouble too....my wife lost her job due to recession..,,,she doesnt have money to takecare of child...shes gonna loose her appt and stuff and i cant send her money too...coz i dont have enough.....well im goin thru lot of stress right now...and dont knw..wat to do,...so..all i can do is wait,wait and wait,,,,thts it...

ken ,my prevois reply regarding lawyer and withdrow was my own thinking ,thats how much i was able to answer but now that u have reply from marry she is the best fallow any advice she gave u and am sure u will be fine as i mentioned before she is the best in this site ..

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Thanks fire w wind

Im waiting for mary reply

My Timeline

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

Things are really gettin bad for me , i think god dosent want me to be together with my wife..

My wifes mother i.e my mother in law dosent want me to be with My wife ... My wife wants to come to india for my case.. Nd we made a plan if i dont get this visa she will come to india nd stay with me in india forever.but my mother in law took her passport nd hide it.. She doesnt want tht she shld go to india.. She told Me not to call her anymore .. (She doesnt hve cellphone so i call her at her house)... Shes being a b***h.. Well another problem is my daughter real biological father.. My wifes ex.. Took his daughter nd vanished and we tried but we couldnt trace him ( my mother in law called him nd told everything)...things are more worse .. nd confused .... Feel like to die ... Dont knw wheres life takin me.. No hopes ,,feel liike everything just got finished.. :crying:

My Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My wifes mother i.e my mother in law dosent want me to be with My wife ... My wife wants to come to india for my case.. Nd we made a plan if i dont get this visa she will come to india nd stay with me in india forever.

This is a back up plan that some couples have to use.

but my mother in law took her passport nd hide it.. She doesnt want tht she shld go to india.

If she is of legal age then she should be able to get he passport back and tell her mother that she is an adult and does want to go back to India. A trip to India I would think does not mean she is leaving the USA for good but to come and support you. I think she would need a visa to go back to India once again too.

Well another problem is my daughter real biological father.. My wifes ex.. Took his daughter nd vanished and we tried but we couldnt trace him ( my mother in law called him nd told everything)...things are more worse .. nd confused

My interpretation of the legal system now is that the biological father has the right to keep his child in the USA. The mother needs to take him to court and have him give up his rights willingly before she could remove the child from the country. Also, the mother needs to take him to court and have him provide child support if he is not already doing so.

I think you and Laura need to have a long talk and see what is the best way to go about this matter. If the father has the child and is not allowed too she needs to file a police report and get this settled. She then needs to confront her mother about her passport and why she is so against the marriage.

You have many issues besides the AP and you need to talk to Laura and get these resolved.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Embassy wrote me:

Dear Kanav Bamby:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the immigrant visa application NWD*********.

Your visa application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Please note that we will contact you as soon as this processing is complete. The letter regarding submission of required information/documents will be sent to you shortly. In case you don’t have the passport of your daughter, you may submit a written statement. Please wait for the 221(g) letter in the forthcoming weeks.

We hope this information is useful to you. However, please contact us in case of any clarification.

Sincerely,

Visa Information Unit

U. S. Embassy

New Delhi, India

well thats wat embassy wrote me yesterday...still waitin from them to send me the another 221g letter...

well things are getting worse between me and my wife...coz of my mother in law....shes not giving her passport back....confused..and frustated..

well havent heard anything from congressman,,,

:(:huh:

My Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

if she cant get her passport back and to ovid police involving in this she can get another pasport in 24 hours for 160$

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.