Jump to content

Just Paul

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Just Paul

  1. Unless it is a fully refundable ticket I would wait until the visa is in hand.
  2. Online is typically faster. But not by much. My preference is to mail petitions in so I can make sure everything is there. Don't staple or tab anything as that does slow down processing by the contractor.
  3. We sent off massive Balikbayan Boxes and none of the chocolate melted . . . and leftover Halloween candy arrives in time for christmas!
  4. I'd find it hard to believe that he doesn't have at least enough interest or passive income that wouldn't trigger a tax return. But if he didn't need to file then at least a letter from him to explain that will be needed. Bank statements will be used to show the sponsorship ability.
  5. Doesn't mater where you marry. We met in the Philippines, Married in Hong Kong, Did our CR-1 in Mexico.
  6. You are fine. They would not have an A Number since a petition had never been filed for them before.
  7. There are no benefits of taxes in filing for a CR-1. The "advantage" may apply once you are married and you can file jointly. As previously mentioned the spouse would need a ITIN.
  8. Hopefully you get it before filing the I-130 . . . sounds like visa shopping to me.
  9. Sure - it will keep you busy for a while and off the streets.
  10. LOL it is literally taking the worst things about a K1 and Mixing it with a CR-1. It is free so go for it. You know how many have been issued in the last fiscal year?
  11. Interview location is based on where the beneficiary lives (has legal residency). We met in the Philippines, married in Hong Kong, filed while living in Mexico. Our interview was in Mexico.
  12. Ok she wants a better life? She could try the H2A or H2B programs. https://mx.usembassy.gov/h-2-visa-information/ If she wants to marry you then you file the I-129F for a fiancé visa and you wait. She won't be able to work for some time in the US, probably over a year. So you might consider getting married and fling a spousal visa. That is for a B2 visa. But if she has had one before is a few weeks. She can't enter the US with the intent to adjust nor can she work in the US. Not an option and could cause more of a delay. Glad you are here doing your research. Unless you are also a resident in Mexico and needing to return to the US for a job, there aren't any options do get this done quickly.
  13. Figure out how you can spend time together. If she doesn't have a job or already had a US Visa it will be hard for her to get one. But try asap and see if you want. Then look at your realistic options. You can file for a fiancé visa, or get married anywhere and go for a spousal. If you had already married and had a job offer to go back to in the US then doing a spousal at the consulate expedited could be an option. Chances are that there is going to be significant time apart. Pretty common in immigration and where there hasn't been any planning.
  14. You can't do (file) anything until you get married. Get married and file and see what happens. You will need the normal documents for the I-130/I130-A plus proof that you legally reside in France.
  15. Pretty typical, If you are in a rush you might get a message in a few months. Nothing is normal when doing a DCF.
  16. It is usually the newest photo in the system. You don't have any control over it. The Visa will have the ACS photo, green card is the port of entry. When they get another card, after 10 years, or become a citizen, that photo.
  17. You are fine! You didn't have the new card when you left (it wasn't sent) so you won't be expected to have it when you enter. You have the necessary documents to enter. You may go to secondary so they can look at the paper trail. If you have a copy of the boarding pass for when you left the US it would be good to take as backup. You won't be arrested and won't get into trouble. Recover and rest, come back feeling better.
  18. Quick Answer is everything that you would have filed the long way: I-130/I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-693 and I-864 all together with a cover letter and all of the needed documentation. It can be a long wait. You can also get married here and continue to visit on the ESTA just by doing the I-130/I-130A.
  19. When we married in Hong Kong, we needed a copy of the divorce decree for both the marriage and ROM. When Mary went to CFO she needed copy of the divorce decree. Even if doing a K1, you will need to have Foreign Divorce Decree Duly Recognized by the Philippine Court accompany the CFO paperwork.
  20. Two choices . . . One -Wait out the current petition. The time to deal with the denial was before the consulate sent it back. Two - plan to refile per above. Either you didn't get a true reading from your spouse about why the visa was denied or you didn't get the response from the consulate via the FOIA. Asking for your filings was not the helpful thing to do since the issue wasn't you.
  21. Normally it is within an week. But you omitted that this is a third country national and the third county is Russia. I would expect it to take 30 to 60 days, very possibly double that, assuming the paperwork is in order.
  22. Yikes, unfortunately it will take some added time to process. They will probably ask the petitioner to come in for biometrics. In the end it should be ok,
  23. Yes - do the CRBA as soon as possible
  • Create New...