15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All

I need some input on this issue with prior experience.

We applied for my wife AOS and was transfered to CSC about a month ago. Today we got an RFE asking for I693.

I believe it is the full medical they are asking for. From what i have been reading here you don't need a full medical if you came to US with K-1 and applied for AOS with in one year.

The letter says "All records available to the service have been searched and your I-693 (Completed prior to your arrival in the US), if previuously submitted , is not available for review."

From this i believe thay have lost the whole medical done in pakistan prior to visa interview.

We did send the I-693A with the AOS done here by a civil surgeon.

Now the question is do we need to do the full medical here?

Thanks for your advice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The medical had to have been done within a year of applying for AOS. If that was the case then unfortuantly they did lose the medical. Not sure if you're able to contact the CS back in Pakistan to get a copy of the medical done sent to you sealed or if someone back there is able to get the copy and mail it to you sealed. If not or if it has been longer than a year since the medical you will need to have the medical completed again here. Sorry to hear this,

Kristina

Feb 25, 2006... Submitted I-129F

Jan 4, 2007... Interview date Visa in Passport

Jan 30,2007... POE Blaine Washington, Pacific Truck Crossing

March 8, 2007... Mailed AOS and EAD

May 21, 2007... AOS application APPROVED with interview (Day 67)WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

May 29, 2007... GREEN CARD ARRIVES.. and email from CRIS approval notice sent (Day 75)

Sept 25, 2008... Moved to the UK

Feb 24, 2009... Mailed I-751 to CSC from UK

December 30, 2009... Approval notice!!

Jan 9, 2010... 10 year GREEN CARD arrives.

May 31, 2012... Express Mailed N-400 application to the Nebraska Service Center for military spouses filing overseas

Jun 11, 2012... NOA date and Cheque cashed Day 11

Jun 28, 2012... Placed in line for interview scheduling Day 28

Jul 20, 2012... Email from USCIS London for info to schedule interview Day 50

Sep 1, 2012... Moved back to the USA

Sep 12, 2012... Email from USCIS London scheduled for interview/oath Sept 28th in the UK(will be day 120)

Nov 26, 2012... Had submitted change of addresses. Notification that I have again been scheduled for interview Day 179

Dec 1, 2012... Letter arrived Day 184 with new interview date Jan 4, 2013 (Will be day 218)

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

If Infopass were easily and quickly available to me, I would go to ascertain whether or not the report is truly lost. It appears that it is. I would probably take this step before paying for another exam.

If not, I would simply suck it up and get it done over. Small price to pay compared to having USCIS assume I had abandoned my petition.

Timeline
If Infopass were easily and quickly available to me, I would go to ascertain whether or not the report is truly lost. It appears that it is. I would probably take this step before paying for another exam.

If not, I would simply suck it up and get it done over. Small price to pay compared to having USCIS assume I had abandoned my petition.

Thanks for your replies. I guess i am better off doing it all over again instead of wasting time and in the end take the whole test. Normally they sent RFE for I-693A but i don't know how can they loose the whole file. Thanks Again.

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The same thing happened to me, and in my case, they hadn't actually lost the medical. They were just confused or something. But I second RebeccaJo's suggestion to make an Infopass appointment. You can get one just a couple of days out, so if it isn't a huge drive, it may be well worth it.

You can read my thread here.

Be forewarned, though, that if you don't return everything they ask for, you run the risk of being denied. There's an example of that here. The best I can tell, the difference between Anastasia's case and mine is that I sent explanation that they should have the K-1 medical exam already.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

from the OP, all they are asking for is the I693, so that is all I would submit.

Did you keep a copy of that form? If not can you get a copy in time?

They do the same thing with tax forms, we got an RFE for them, went to the copy of the packet we sent in, recopied the forms and sent them in again. They accepted them and we were on our way to CSC.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Timeline
from the OP, all they are asking for is the I693, so that is all I would submit.

Did you keep a copy of that form? If not can you get a copy in time?

They do the same thing with tax forms, we got an RFE for them, went to the copy of the packet we sent in, recopied the forms and sent them in again. They accepted them and we were on our way to CSC.

Thanks for your reply. Below is what the RFE states and just as i was typing this i spoke to a rep from the CSC and she told me the RFE for i693A (supplemental) does say its for supplemental. She thinks its better to do the medical here then waste time with sending the I693A form copy. I guess i have to bite the bullet and do it again.

Please note the words (Completed prior to your arrival in the US). This tells me they cannot locate the medical record that was given to us in a sealed envelope that we submitted at JFK. Plus my case is already in CSC.

"All records available to the service have been searched and your I-693 (Completed prior to your arrival in the US), if previuously submitted , is not available for review."

Timeline

The wording of your RFE is quite different from mine, so I think you're right on your interpretation. You may be able to have the information resent from your foreign doctor, but if not, you'll need the full medical exam. Getting a copy of the vaccination records from overseas will make this process more straightforward.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ridley, thanks for posting a link to your previous RFE and Infopass experience. If I get an RFE for my full medical I'll definitely get an Infopass appointment to clear things up since I came on a K3 and my medical was done on February 19, 2007, just over 2 months ago. Were the records you sent from your medical in Canada sealed? I already have a copy of my complete medical from Canada, but they're not sealed.

To the OP, I'd get an infopass appointment to see if this can be cleared up. If not, try and get a copy of your foreign medical if within a year. If that's all too much trouble, I think I would get a new medical done too. Might save you some headaches in the long run.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline
ridley, thanks for posting a link to your previous RFE and Infopass experience. If I get an RFE for my full medical I'll definitely get an Infopass appointment to clear things up since I came on a K3 and my medical was done on February 19, 2007, just over 2 months ago. Were the records you sent from your medical in Canada sealed? I already have a copy of my complete medical from Canada, but they're not sealed.

To the OP, I'd get an infopass appointment to see if this can be cleared up. If not, try and get a copy of your foreign medical if within a year. If that's all too much trouble, I think I would get a new medical done too. Might save you some headaches in the long run.

Thanks for all your replies. So far i believe i have to either get the copies from pakistan from the clinic or get the new medical done here. Once again Thanks to all who have replied.

Timeline

Misa,

The reason we got the RFE in the first place is because we didn't have a copy of the DS vaccination form from my husband's Canadian medical exam. In the end, we had a copy of it faxed to us from the doctor in Canada, then took it to a registered civil surgeon to have it transferred to the I-693A. So... no, they weren't sealed, but we had to use a civil surgeon to make it official.

I hope that helps!

Timeline
Misa,

The reason we got the RFE in the first place is because we didn't have a copy of the DS vaccination form from my husband's Canadian medical exam. In the end, we had a copy of it faxed to us from the doctor in Canada, then took it to a registered civil surgeon to have it transferred to the I-693A. So... no, they weren't sealed, but we had to use a civil surgeon to make it official.

I hope that helps!

Ah gotcha! :thumbs: I wasn't sure if you had send in an unsealed copy of your entire medical from Canada. I already sent in a sealed I-693A with my AOS application. :)

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

Timeline

All

I have decided to go with the full medical instead of wasting time. Also i have advice for everyone specailly people from Pakistan. Yesterday when me and my wife went to the CS here in NY he injected her for the TB test and took blood for HIV and all other tests they have to do. My wife told she was not given the TB test in pakistan where they inject you and ask you to come back in 2 or 3 days to look for the condition to determine the test.

I am afraid since this test was not done in Pakistan, it was rejected by the AO here in CSC and is a must requirment. Again this is my assumption and might not be true and they have lost the paper work.

For everyone from pakistan make sure to get the copies of all the test they do there as once you are in US and call them to send you copies it will very difficult and expensive.

Hope this will help.

Timeline

Did your wife get a chest x-ray in Pakistan? In Canada they do the chest x-ray which shows all clear for TB. The panel physicial in Canada also gave me the actual chest x-ray and radiology report showing no abnormalities or signs of TB.

AOS & EAD Timeline

Timeline
Did your wife get a chest x-ray in Pakistan? In Canada they do the chest x-ray which shows all clear for TB. The panel physicial in Canada also gave me the actual chest x-ray and radiology report showing no abnormalities or signs of TB.

Yes we have the x-ray with us. Still the CS gave the injection for the test.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.