chaingang

my CR1 visa rejected under section 221 (g)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello everyone,

I went to islamabad embassy on march 28 and my visa denied and they put rejection stamp , they didnt give me enough explanation that on which basis did they rejected my visa all they said , that you are unable to prove that ur relationship with ur petitioner is not solely immigration to the united states, we sending back ur case to nvc for further recommendations "

I dont know why did they punish me so badly , i gave them all proof phone bills, pictures, wedding pictures and in the end they screwed me so badly now NVC will forward my case to uscis and uscis will ask for more proof, i dont know wat the heck i suppose to do , can any one suggest me wat kind of proof uscis is going to ask and what should i do next time , i dont want another rejection stamp on my damn passport, it really hurts so badly i waited for 3 years and i got this reward if anyone went through this hell please let me know how did they fix their problem

i need help asap i am in very big trouble

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here is a summary from a member by the name of Kiya that went thru Casablanca consulate and was issued a 221g denial. Please read over this and hope it sheds some light on your denial. Many factors on your relationship are scrutinized thur the Islamabad embassy.

1. Age of petitioners? Big age gaps.

2. How long has the relationship been going on?

3. How many meetings?

4. Details on your marriage? Was is large or small and did families meet and agree to the marriage?

5. Religion of the parties?

6. Previous marriages?

So on and on. Proof must show mingled finances as well as continuation of the marriage after the Nikkah or ceremony.

Here is what is happens when a petition is returned:

• 221(g) is issued to beneficiary at conclusion of the interview stating the application and/or petition is being returned to the United States.

• Petition is returned to the United States by the interviewing consulate for "further review" in what is called a diplomatic pouch.

• Returned petition is received by the NVC. It is reviewed and entered into the fraud database by fraud management.

• Returned petition is sent to the local service center where the petition was originally filed.

• Local service center receives returned petition.

• Local service center who processed the original petition sends a notice of receipt to the petitioner.

• Local service center reviews the returned petition and consular officer notes on the case.

• Local service center then sends either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to the petitioner also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.

• Petitioner is given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID (depending on the service center) to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter.

• Local service center receives evidence...if in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either reaffirmed or denied.

• If the petition is denied the local service center sends the petitioner an 'official' denial letter. This can be be appealed if the denial letter states such.

• If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends the petitioner an official notice of reaffirmation.

• Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.

• Consulate notifies the beneficiary of a new interview date.

• Beneficiary has interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is either issued, or the case in placed in Administrative Processing which after cleared a visa is issued, or worst case scenario it is denied via 221(g) and returned again to the USCIS.

What can you do immediately when faced with this issue:

• Immediately have the beneficiary send a scanned copy of the 221(g) issued.

• Contact the consulate directly (immediately) and attempt to have the petition reviewed by the senior consular before it is returned.

• If you are unable to get through to the consulate on the phone, contact them via email, and if you're mail has a "read verification" use it.

• Contact your congressman/senator, get them involved immediately. You will need to sign a release form giving them permission to make an inquiry on your behalf.

• Provide your congressman/senator with as much information as possible about your case, the interview, and the result.

• If your congressman/senator is top notch, they will not just send an email or letter to the consulate, they will call on the phone and try to get the petition reviewed again before it is sent back.

• If they are not successful, they can request the diplomatic pouch number the petition is being returned in. This number will allow you to track the petition until it is received by the local service center.

If you do not know who your congressman/senator is, use the following links to find out who represents your area:

If the petition is returned, you are in for a wait. The diplomatic pouch the petition is returned in is sent from embassy to embassy picking up other returned petitions along the way. It could take up to 2 or 3 months for it to be received by fraud management at the NVC...then the NVC has the petition for about 1 month before sending it to the local service center where it was originally filed. One thing to also know is that returned petitions do not take priority...they are reviewed in the order they are received...that is after new petitions have been processed.

What you can do in the meantime while you wait:

• Continue contacting the consulate to get an actual reason for the return...not the blanket "validity of relationship" response.

• Stay in contact with your congressman/senator, they can assist you in getting the actual reason for denial.

• Immediately file a Freedom Of Information Act request for the Department of State asking specifically for the consular notes on your returned petition:

DOS FOIA

• Immediately file for a Freedom of Information Act request for the USCIS asking for the same specific consular notes on your returned petition:

USCIS FOIA

• Continue to document your relationship, emails, letters, phone bills, visits to their country, etc.

• Be ready for the opportunity to rebut the consular findings.

• Contact a good immigration attorney...preferrably one who has experience in returned and denied petitions.

After a period of 6 months or longer has passed and you do not hear anything from the local service center regarding the receipt of your return, or the results of the review, you can contact the CIS Ombudsman. While the Ombudsman cannot make the USCIS reaffirm your returned petition, they can assist when processing times are outside of guidelines

Now, there are some differences between returned fiance petitions and marriage petitions. The K1 is especially at risk due to the expiration of the original approval, many returned K1s are not given the opportunity to rebut, they receive a notice telling them their K1 has expired and may file again at any time...this is why the FOIA is so important. You need to know the exact reason the petition was returned, just filing again is a huge risk if you do not know why the petition was returned in the first place.

While the K3 does have an expiration date also, they are treated more seriously. I have not known anyone who has had a returned K3 not being given the opportunity to rebut. Obviously the CR1 does not expire. Still, it is very important to file the FOIA, not every service center will tell you exactly what the consular office findings or objections to issuing the visa are. Some people are only asked to provide more evidence of their relationship.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Here is a summary from a member by the name of Kiya that went thru Casablanca consulate and was issued a 221g denial. Please read over this and hope it sheds some light on your denial. Many factors on your relationship are scrutinized thur the Islamabad embassy.

1. Age of petitioners? Big age gaps.

2. How long has the relationship been going on?

3. How many meetings?

4. Details on your marriage? Was is large or small and did families meet and agree to the marriage?

5. Religion of the parties?

6. Previous marriages?

So on and on. Proof must show mingled finances as well as continuation of the marriage after the Nikkah or ceremony.

Here is what is happens when a petition is returned:

• 221(g) is issued to beneficiary at conclusion of the interview stating the application and/or petition is being returned to the United States.

• Petition is returned to the United States by the interviewing consulate for "further review" in what is called a diplomatic pouch.

• Returned petition is received by the NVC. It is reviewed and entered into the fraud database by fraud management.

• Returned petition is sent to the local service center where the petition was originally filed.

• Local service center receives returned petition.

• Local service center who processed the original petition sends a notice of receipt to the petitioner.

• Local service center reviews the returned petition and consular officer notes on the case.

• Local service center then sends either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to the petitioner also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.

• Petitioner is given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID (depending on the service center) to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter.

• Local service center receives evidence...if in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either reaffirmed or denied.

• If the petition is denied the local service center sends the petitioner an 'official' denial letter. This can be be appealed if the denial letter states such.

• If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends the petitioner an official notice of reaffirmation.

• Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.

• Consulate notifies the beneficiary of a new interview date.

• Beneficiary has interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is either issued, or the case in placed in Administrative Processing which after cleared a visa is issued, or worst case scenario it is denied via 221(g) and returned again to the USCIS.

What can you do immediately when faced with this issue:

• Immediately have the beneficiary send a scanned copy of the 221(g) issued.

• Contact the consulate directly (immediately) and attempt to have the petition reviewed by the senior consular before it is returned.

• If you are unable to get through to the consulate on the phone, contact them via email, and if you're mail has a "read verification" use it.

• Contact your congressman/senator, get them involved immediately. You will need to sign a release form giving them permission to make an inquiry on your behalf.

• Provide your congressman/senator with as much information as possible about your case, the interview, and the result.

• If your congressman/senator is top notch, they will not just send an email or letter to the consulate, they will call on the phone and try to get the petition reviewed again before it is sent back.

• If they are not successful, they can request the diplomatic pouch number the petition is being returned in. This number will allow you to track the petition until it is received by the local service center.

If you do not know who your congressman/senator is, use the following links to find out who represents your area:

If the petition is returned, you are in for a wait. The diplomatic pouch the petition is returned in is sent from embassy to embassy picking up other returned petitions along the way. It could take up to 2 or 3 months for it to be received by fraud management at the NVC...then the NVC has the petition for about 1 month before sending it to the local service center where it was originally filed. One thing to also know is that returned petitions do not take priority...they are reviewed in the order they are received...that is after new petitions have been processed.

What you can do in the meantime while you wait:

• Continue contacting the consulate to get an actual reason for the return...not the blanket "validity of relationship" response.

• Stay in contact with your congressman/senator, they can assist you in getting the actual reason for denial.

• Immediately file a Freedom Of Information Act request for the Department of State asking specifically for the consular notes on your returned petition:

DOS FOIA

• Immediately file for a Freedom of Information Act request for the USCIS asking for the same specific consular notes on your returned petition:

USCIS FOIA

• Continue to document your relationship, emails, letters, phone bills, visits to their country, etc.

• Be ready for the opportunity to rebut the consular findings.

• Contact a good immigration attorney...preferrably one who has experience in returned and denied petitions.

After a period of 6 months or longer has passed and you do not hear anything from the local service center regarding the receipt of your return, or the results of the review, you can contact the CIS Ombudsman. While the Ombudsman cannot make the USCIS reaffirm your returned petition, they can assist when processing times are outside of guidelines

Now, there are some differences between returned fiance petitions and marriage petitions. The K1 is especially at risk due to the expiration of the original approval, many returned K1s are not given the opportunity to rebut, they receive a notice telling them their K1 has expired and may file again at any time...this is why the FOIA is so important. You need to know the exact reason the petition was returned, just filing again is a huge risk if you do not know why the petition was returned in the first place.

While the K3 does have an expiration date also, they are treated more seriously. I have not known anyone who has had a returned K3 not being given the opportunity to rebut. Obviously the CR1 does not expire. Still, it is very important to file the FOIA, not every service center will tell you exactly what the consular office findings or objections to issuing the visa are. Some people are only asked to provide more evidence of their relationship.

thanks so much for ur information consulate gave me 12 months time now to gave them more proof on this if i am not able to give them proof with in 1 year my pettion wil be cancelled once and forever , blessing to my wife coz of her i am punished when i told her to come to damn pakistan she didnt show up in 3 damn years in pakistan and consular officer asked me why she didnt come to pakistan in 3 years , i said she was working on my visa and i also told her she was here only for 14 days , i did some mistakes and i am being punished very badly for that , but if my wife was here , i wouldnt be punished for that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
thanks so much for ur information consulate gave me 12 months time now to gave them more proof on this if i am not able to give them proof with in 1 year my pettion wil be cancelled once and forever , blessing to my wife coz of her i am punished when i told her to come to damn pakistan she didnt show up in 3 damn years in pakistan and consular officer asked me why she didnt come to pakistan in 3 years , i said she was working on my visa and i also told her she was here only for 14 days , i did some mistakes and i am being punished very badly for that , but if my wife was here , i wouldnt be punished for that

I'm guessing that this contributed to the consulate's decision to send your petition back to USCIS. I would highly recommend that your wife spend more time in Pakistan and you can use this evidence to help prove the validity of your relationship.

I'm guessing that this contributed to the consulate's decision to send your petition back to USCIS. I would highly recommend that your wife spend more time in Pakistan and you can use this evidence to help prove the validity of your relationship.

yeah ur right but i think first i need clearence from uscis and my wife already booked her tickets but the problem is we need clearnece from uscis , and my wife have more then enough proof to prove to uscis that this marriage is legal, i have 2 years phone bills, and she has got her phone bills, pictures, marriage licenece , her ssn is changed she has got my last name on it her , driving license is changed, her passport is changed, i mean she has changed everything under my name My wife whole family is willing to go to uscis with her to prove to her that we did and we do accept this marriage, and plus my wife hired a lawyer now for this to make it more valid, so i am doing everything i can but wat do u think should my wife come here or should we need clearnce from uscis now , wats the suggestion on that ?

do we have got enough proof do anything else do i need to do brother please let me know

Could you explain what you mean by needing clearance from USCIS? I don't see why there should be any restrictions on your wife travelling to visit you.

they gave me 12 months time to prove my relation is valid , so they sent my case back to nvc and they will forward my case to uscis for other needed documents , so i am getting witness proof and getting all proof that this marriage is legal and my wife married for me not to smuggle me to united states coz isb thinks i am married to get only green card thats it so tthats why i need clearence from uscis first then uscis will tell to isb that issue me another interview letter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Chaingang,

Your wife needs to come and visit you in Pakistan for starters. A lawyer cannot help you with her not coming and three years is a very long time for no physical contact between both parties and the embassy noticed this and took into consideration this fact. I suggest you get all evidence and try to overcome the denial and she might need to come and live in Pakistan for a few months to prove that the marriage is legitimate. I have been on VJ for a long time and have seen a few denials out of Pakistan and this embassy is very exact in checking on legitimacy of marriages. I know of a few that were denied and never did overcome the rulings and ended up divorced. I also went thru this embassy and my husband and I had an alternative plan of what if we were denied? Would we be willing to locate to a neutral country? Look at all your options.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

i am real sorry for what happened to you. i think your wife should check into hiring an immigration attorney to straighten out this mess. I hope that it will be taken care of very soon.

hello everyone,

I went to islamabad embassy on march 28 and my visa denied and they put rejection stamp , they didnt give me enough explanation that on which basis did they rejected my visa all they said , that you are unable to prove that ur relationship with ur petitioner is not solely immigration to the united states, we sending back ur case to nvc for further recommendations "

I dont know why did they punish me so badly , i gave them all proof phone bills, pictures, wedding pictures and in the end they screwed me so badly now NVC will forward my case to uscis and uscis will ask for more proof, i dont know wat the heck i suppose to do , can any one suggest me wat kind of proof uscis is going to ask and what should i do next time , i dont want another rejection stamp on my damn passport, it really hurts so badly i waited for 3 years and i got this reward if anyone went through this hell please let me know how did they fix their problem

i am real sorry for what happened to you. i think your wife should check into hiring an immigration attorney to straighten out this mess. I hope that it will be taken care of very soon.
hello everyone,

itsok brother , but my wife got one already and she is going with her to uscis on monday lets see wt happens she told me not worry our case is very strong we have enough proof but i feel like i am ###### , i ###### up 3 years now i regret getting even married to be honest i never though that this visa can be so messed up man f*k it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hello everyone,

itsok brother , but my wife got one already and she is going with her to uscis on monday lets see wt happens she told me not worry our case is very strong we have enough proof but i feel like i am ###### , i ###### up 3 years now i regret getting even married to be honest i never though that this visa can be so messed up man f*k it

hey your posts did upset me a lot

and when you had enough proofs they rejected the visa i couldnt understand that at all why they did that for no reason at all

travelling ll the way from united states to isb, pak isnt the joke but for your case its better your wife takes out some time and spends a month or so with you that will be the biggest proof of the ongoing relationship

i hope everything gets better soon

take care.

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

hello everyone,

hey your posts did upset me a lot

and when you had enough proofs they rejected the visa i couldnt understand that at all why they did that for no reason at all

travelling ll the way from united states to isb, pak isnt the joke but for your case its better your wife takes out some time and spends a month or so with you that will be the biggest proof of the ongoing relationship

i hope everything gets better soon

take care.

yeah my wife is coming , those dump m*ther f*cker if dont even accept proof wat else i can do i showed them phone bills, wedding pictures, i told to that woman u dont belive please call her she is waiting for ur call right now , anyways my wife is coming to pakistan on 30 april , i think that would be good impact and my case will get stronger coz i found out they are thinking , that i am married only for green card and my purpose to going to usa is only green card, that consular officer also told me that ur uable to prove ur on going relation with ur wife thats why i am rejecting ur visa , so my wife has appointment in uscis on 2nd april , 10 family members are going with her to tell them and give them written that this marriage is legal and yes she does have strong relation with his husband plus we have more then enough proof , i sent like 30 postal mails from pakistan to my wife, we have phone records more then 500 emails, i sent in 3 years, court gave us clearnece saying this marriage is legal and it is registered in united states, so i am preety confident that if God is willing i will piss off that consular officer soon , it happens guys we should not loose hope, they dont care wat happens most of time there is fraud and u cant blame them but some time honest people are effected by fraudies too , , so i will let everyone on monday after my wife come back from uscis department , they tell them on same time that ur case is approved and we are sending u back or not , but i have strong faith we will go through it , all they are asking from proof and NVC told us samething that do 2 things prove ur marriage and prove ur on going relation thats it nothing more then that, uscis and nvc are very comperative and people sitting in islamabad they are i dont know even think of us humans or not , to hell with them , i will surely file petetion against that woman once i reach to usa i have ful plans for that too, that they torture people for no reason they can kiss my ### _|_ to them

Chaingang,

You need to be talking with a US immigration attoryney, one who has experience with the consulate in Pakistan.

There is no questioning that your marriage is "legal". As for your evidence, phone bills, pictures, and letters prove only that you communicate from a distance. They do not prove that you have a bona fide marriage not entered into for the purpose of getting you into the USA and LPR status.

You and your wife not seeing each other 3 years is better evidence that you don't care a whole lot about each other than the phone bills are that you do. And now that you've been put on notice that you visa will be denied for lack of evidence of a bona fide relationship, one visit from her is not likely to make a lot of difference. More likely changing their opinion of the marriage will take a major change in the behavior pattern that you and your wife have established over the last 3 years.

Getting a lawyer will not guarantee success, but it will improve your odds if you can find an atorney who has experience with situations like yours.

Yodrak

hello everyone,

It saddens me to hear your story. It will help that your wife is going to visit you in April, it must be great to see her after all these years.

I would try to used the fact the she didn't come in your favor. Was is a money problem, health, security, work? Think about it, it could help your case if you have a legit reason. The embassy will take that into concideration if you can present it clear and with some proof.

I know how rejections are, and separation its heartbreaking, and when you try to do everything right, but the final decision is out of your hands, can make you feel useless, powerless, and alone, BUT you got to fight, and becareful what you say, what you do, and how you do it.

hello everyone,

#######? you need to step back! if you said this to the embassy with such hostility no wonder you got denied. where in this mess is the sincerity in the marriage? my god. you never mentioned ONE TIME how much you love your wife. its all about you! til you refocus and concentrate on your marriage and your love for her. you will HIT A BRICK WALL each time.

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.