ullumanali

Vaccination Records for a K3 Medical

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Asked my wife to start collecting all the info she can on her vaccinations - but that seems to be a problem. Unlike us here in the US that maintain a vaccination card from the day we're born, they don't necessarily keep a record card in India. She knows she's received almost all the vaccinations over the years, and most from her family doctor; her polio shot was at a Rotary polio vaccination camp.

What's the solution to this? Is a statement from her family doctor acceptable? Can a clinic determine through a blood test what she's been immunized for in the past and issue a statement?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can go for what is called a Titres test. They will draw blood and check it for what she has been immunized for.

I had to get a Titres done. They didn't have my records here in Canada.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Some vaccines have to be updated every 10 years, so she might have to get them again. I know my husband does and he's not happy about it. :rolleyes:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

That process will take too long. IF she doesn't have the records, she can have a couple of the required shots when she goes for the medical, then when she gets here she can takes whatever that's need at the Local civil Surgeon. for form 693 medical supplement when filing AOS.

One little secret I would say, Once your wife gets here, add her to your medical, and find out what's the required shot, then make an appointment at your doctor on your insurance, gets the required vaccination they will ask for, so when you go the the civil surgeon all you have to do is show proof she had those shots already. IT's been awhile but you can IM me if you need more info i can dig for the I693 from India.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Timeline
You can go for what is called a Titres test. They will draw blood and check it for what she has been immunized for.

Thanks Stacey33, I'll ask her to find out if they have this test at the local testing facility in Pune... might be a good idea to get it done now if it helps! Curiously, how much did the test cost you in Canada?

Some vaccines have to be updated every 10 years, so she might have to get them again. I know my husband does and he's not happy about it. :rolleyes:

Thanks Mono, you make a good point. She's the doctor so I'll leave it to her to decide what's the "fewest pricks option"!! :)

Timeline
That process will take too long. IF she doesn't have the records, she can have a couple of the required shots when she goes for the medical, then when she gets here she can takes whatever that's need at the Local civil Surgeon. for form 693 medical supplement when filing AOS.

One little secret I would say, Once your wife gets here, add her to your medical, and find out what's the required shot, then make an appointment at your doctor on your insurance, gets the required vaccination they will ask for, so when you go the the civil surgeon all you have to do is show proof she had those shots already. IT's been awhile but you can IM me if you need more info i can dig for the I693 from India.

Hi Nikita2Charles,

Thanks! Makes sense to do it under medical coverage once she's here, but its significanly cheap in India as well, isn't it? She has a lot of time and could take the required shots over a period of time in India until her interview gets scheduled.

And does this mean that the medical requirements she will go through as a part of her K3 visa process in India is different for those required for Adjustment of Status in the US? i.e. they are more stringent once she's on American soil?! Or tougher before she leaves foreign lands and comes to US?!

/UM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Nikita2Charles,

Thanks! Makes sense to do it under medical coverage once she's here, but its significanly cheap in India as well, isn't it? She has a lot of time and could take the required shots over a period of time in India until her interview gets scheduled.

And does this mean that the medical requirements she will go through as a part of her K3 visa process in India is different for those required for Adjustment of Status in the US? i.e. they are more stringent once she's on American soil?! Or tougher before she leaves foreign lands and comes to US?!

/UM

even i have this doubt regarding vaccination

i too havent maintained the records despite i m upto date with all the vaccines

hoping that those with same situation can suggest more ?

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Timeline

hi stacey

how much time did it take for your titres and should it be done with the physicians authorised with uscis or any private clinicin will do for the titres ?

thanks

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi stacey

how much time did it take for your titres and should it be done with the physicians authorised with uscis or any private clinicin will do for the titres ?

thanks

It was free for me here in Canada. It was covered under my Provincial health care plan. I went to a Medicentre (walk in clinic) and asked to be sent to the Lab for a Titres test. I know for me and my age group I need proof for MMR- measles, mumps, rubella. Tetnus, and the Doctor when I go for my Immigration Physical will take oral testimony that I have had Chicken Pox. I do have a letter from my childhood Doctor that I went to him when I had chicken pox.

Results for me took about 4 days. The first time I got my results I showed no immunity for tetnus (I had the booster a few months earlier, so that was strange) and I showed low immunity on mumps and measles. I went to the Health Unit and redid all the shots- also covered by healthcare. They said to wait a month to redo the Titres so it would show up in my blood. I did my second test and got my results back in a few days.

I'm glad I did all this early. You can go to any Doctor. Here in Canada you need a Doctors referral to be sent to the lab for any blood work. I'm not sure how it works in other countries.

Timeline

Thanks Stacey33!

It was free for me here in Canada. It was covered under my Provincial health care plan. I went to a Medicentre (walk in clinic) and asked to be sent to the Lab for a Titres test. I know for me and my age group I need proof for MMR- measles, mumps, rubella. Tetnus, and the Doctor when I go for my Immigration Physical will take oral testimony that I have had Chicken Pox. I do have a letter from my childhood Doctor that I went to him when I had chicken pox.

Results for me took about 4 days. The first time I got my results I showed no immunity for tetnus (I had the booster a few months earlier, so that was strange) and I showed low immunity on mumps and measles. I went to the Health Unit and redid all the shots- also covered by healthcare. They said to wait a month to redo the Titres so it would show up in my blood. I did my second test and got my results back in a few days.

I'm glad I did all this early. You can go to any Doctor. Here in Canada you need a Doctors referral to be sent to the lab for any blood work. I'm not sure how it works in other countries.

Timeline

hi stacey

thanks

thanks a lot stacey !

(F)

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.