watchful2006

SSN Problem

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there guys,

i arrived here in USA last Oct. 21, 2006 and my POE was SFO, getting married on November 11, 2006 , i went to SSA Auburn CA, branch today November 9, 2006 together with my fiance' , i handed them my passport w/ my visa and i-94 on it , i even brought my birth certificate , just in case they will look for it, but the woman there said they cannot give me a SSN coz im on k1 , so she said i need to get a EAD first before they can give me a SSN, i explained to them and show them the print out that i have from this website......

Aliens Work Authorized Without Specific DHS Authorization and K1 is there, heres the website........

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203500

but still she is insisting to the max that i need the EAD and they will give me an SSN , so we went home , now im very confuse, should i get a temporary EAD at INS/DHS since im not yet married and we haven't filed AOS yet??? or should i just wait the EAD and AOS to be approved in few months before going to the SSA office in Auburn California???, i am hesitant to go back there actually coz the women personel was mean.

anyway, hope somebody can help me and give me some ideas about this, i doesn't care if i cannot work quickly though theres bunch of job around, but i just wanna follow the k1 flow chart coz if possible i don't want to have trouble in my legalization/documentation in here.

thanks in advance.

Edited by watchful2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It never ceases to amaze me the morons that sometimes work in government offices. They cannot even follow the directives and policy put down by their own government agency.

Lets see, If your state requires you to have a SSN in order to get a marriage license, which is a federal law, and an EAD tends to take more than 90 days to get, then how on earth can you get the SSN before the K-1 expires?

This is just the reason that K-1 visas were put in SSA policy: POMS Section RM 00203.500

You are dealing with incompetent morons. I would demand the supervisor the next time you go to the SSA office.

I remember going to the DMV and having to deal with the same level of A Holes.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

thanks mdyoung and YuandDan , yes i will try the Yuba City Ca SSA branch, wish they know their job there compare to this people in Auburn CA, SSA Office. Now i need to wait until my fiance'/husband will get a day off since his company is busy and strict this time, he can only go with me around 2pm and beyond and Yuba City is much farther.....aaaahhhhh................i wanna pull all my hairs out. Gosh!!!

there was a 2 women ( i think 1 of them is the supervisor / head in that branch ) in SSA Auburn that faced me and both of them made us wait and they read something about k1 in the computer and in a pamplets, then after that one woman personnel said " i just read about k1 now and it says you need an EAD and i will give you the SSN" , she seems really not familiar with k1, maybe they don't handle k1 that much over that office. I never thought some of USA and in SSA Office worers/employees doesn't know their job. They doesn't have enough orientation on what they are doing.

wish me luck!!!

thanks

Edited by watchful2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm glad I had no problems at all. She just took my stuff in and said to wait for my card to arrive in two weeks.

It's horrible when we try to do things by the book and the gov. offices don't know the book.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Grrrrr, I feel for you.. Stupid social security people...

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Stupid social security people...

Not all of them are. LOL

Awww.

Here, have some love from the little people: (L)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

the same thing happen to me here in florida with my fiance . after,the third time i found someone with experince and i did not have to repeat my self again . He knew what to do and a week later she receive her

social security card

ask for office mgr like other suggested here

good luck

Interview date for jun26-2006 _ 03/13/2006 packet-4

fiance got her VISA on 06/26/2006 1:00pm

fiance wating for carta blanca/Permiso de salida from cuban Gov 07/2006

fiance receive carta blanca or exit permit from Cuban Gov 07/31/06

I am in the process to finalize everything and book the airline ticket one way to Miami baby

Fiance arriving on 08-22-06 From HAV,CUBA ....

Fiance arrive at Mia on 08/22/06 1230pm eastern

Mailed off AOS, EAD on 09/27/2006

package delivered at 5:21 am on September 29, 2006 in chicago,IL lock box

10/25/06 apply for SSN /she should be getting one in two weeks

11/01/06 receive email status from uscis Work auth is in the mail

Received NOA1 notices for AOS, EAD on 10/10/2006

Biometrics appointment on 10/21/2006 in hialeah Gardens,Fl

10/25/06 apply for SSN / should be getting SSN in two weeks

11/01/06 receive email status fromn uscis Work auth is in the mail

11/03/06 receive SSN number/car

11/06/2006 receive EAD CARD

11/06/2006 I-485 transfer to CSC Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident .I485 approved

green card in the mail on 11/29/06

Receive Green card/welcome letter 12/04/06 .I am done for the moment ,Thank Go

Mail I751 removing conditions on Resident card 08/25/2008

05/07/2009 permanet resident card in the mail I-551 GREEN CARD

07/03/2009 new greencard arrive good for ten years

Timeline

i will try what you did guys advised to me, i will try in any way until i win it, or else wait for AOS and EAD to be approved, gggrrrrr....

wish me luck!!!

thanks all...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.