Avery

Visa: Denied

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We finally had our interview today. (Thank you for the well wishes.) We actually walked from our hotel on Labelle Street. Took us about 15 minutes. We arrived at 6:50am. Sadly it was raining so it was kind of miserable and cold outside. People started showing up at about 7:25am.

The guard finally came to let us in at about 7:35am. He had us put everything in bins and trays and we walked through a mini airport security. We then gathered our paper work and went downstairs to wait for the elevator. There was one other gentleman and another couple waiting.

Finally a guard came down in the elevator and took us up. We waited until about five after eight and we were called to a back window where a really nice lady took all our paper work. I had been so worried about the whole I 864 issue as my husband hadn't been back in the US since June 2007. Everything was ok, she only wanted the most recent year of taxes so 2007 for my husband and 2008 of our joint sponsor. (So only one year of taxes for I864 with IR1/CR1). The coolest thing was the finger print machine. She took everything and said it looked all good. Sent my husband to pay the fees and said we could go sit down.

We waited a until 8:30 then were called into a small room for our interview. We made our pledge of oath. He asked how we met and when we became sweethearts. Also asked what we do for a living. I informed him I used to work repair computers and had quit my job and he asked when we planned on moving down. We told him November 1st was what we had hoped. He asked where we lived and we said we had sublet our apartment already and we are living with family until we move. He then entered the rest of the information and asked us if we received information for proof of domicile.

We told him that my husband had maintained his credit card and bank account in the US and that we had a letter from his mother stating that we would moving down for November 5th (travel time). He then informed us that maintained accounts did not qualify and a paragraph from his mother was insufficient because "Mother's will say anything for their sons."

He then went on to explain that there needs to be a stronger show of proof of domicile. He then said he couldn't tell us exactly what we needed but it would be good for my husband to travel back to the US. He mentioned some good things to prove domicile (TAKE NOTES!) to obtain/renew a drivers license in that state, get a more concert contract for where we are living, register at a school, to get a job offer , register to vote, to open a bank account, see a doctor, and show state taxes.

He then went on to say that everything else looked in order and lectured us on how other couples have to be apart for this process. And the whole point is to reunite couples and that I didn't need a visa to go to the USA. He then reminded me that if I did go down before approval they would most likely turn me back because I have an open case.

He told us that we didn't have to come back to Montreal and just needed to send in the Proof of Domicile. I asked how long it would take and he said he can't promise times as it can take up to four weeks.

Needless to say I was extremely disappointed, I actually felt very heartbroken. Really heartbroken and the weather to match. ( I know it's not as bad but when you go in thinking you got your ducks in a row, its just disappointing)

We left the consulate and actually got lost trying to get home. Mostly disorientated from disappointment.

My husband will be traveling down on the 17th, day after his Canadian swear in for PRC. (Does anyone know if they keep his passport, so far I've read not.) We are getting so much proof they will be like good lord! He's getting a job offer, opening a NEW bank account, registering with state, renewing his driver's license to the state, getting a full contract written up with his mother and getting it notarized, and see if he can register to vote.

We travel back home tomorrow. I'm trying not to feel like this trip was a waste(cause I know it wasn't) it's just hard when you don't go back and say YEA. =(

Good Luck to everyone else though.

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, sorry to hear you got denied for that.

It seems numerous people do.

I hear they're taking the four weeks in another topic, so try and send them everything as soon as possible.

It's terrible that they have to make you wait even longer.

Good luck on gathering the things you need to get finally approved.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry, you'll get it all worked out.

If it's any consolation, when I was told we weren't approved right away I got lost on my way back from the embassy too.

And I was from Winnipeg too! lol

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. Hope you get some good news shortly.

I'm just curious... if you were both living in Canada, why didn't you go the DCF route?

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We finally had our interview today. (Thank you for the well wishes.) We actually walked from our hotel on Labelle Street. Took us about 15 minutes. We arrived at 6:50am. Sadly it was raining so it was kind of miserable and cold outside. People started showing up at about 7:25am.

The guard finally came to let us in at about 7:35am. He had us put everything in bins and trays and we walked through a mini airport security. We then gathered our paper work and went downstairs to wait for the elevator. There was one other gentleman and another couple waiting.

Finally a guard came down in the elevator and took us up. We waited until about five after eight and we were called to a back window where a really nice lady took all our paper work. I had been so worried about the whole I 864 issue as my husband hadn't been back in the US since June 2007. Everything was ok, she only wanted the most recent year of taxes so 2007 for my husband and 2008 of our joint sponsor. (So only one year of taxes for I864 with IR1/CR1). The coolest thing was the finger print machine. She took everything and said it looked all good. Sent my husband to pay the fees and said we could go sit down.

We waited a until 8:30 then were called into a small room for our interview. We made our pledge of oath. He asked how we met and when we became sweethearts. Also asked what we do for a living. I informed him I used to work repair computers and had quit my job and he asked when we planned on moving down. We told him November 1st was what we had hoped. He asked where we lived and we said we had sublet our apartment already and we are living with family until we move. He then entered the rest of the information and asked us if we received information for proof of domicile.

We told him that my husband had maintained his credit card and bank account in the US and that we had a letter from his mother stating that we would moving down for November 5th (travel time). He then informed us that maintained accounts did not qualify and a paragraph from his mother was insufficient because "Mother's will say anything for their sons."

He then went on to explain that there needs to be a stronger show of proof of domicile. He then said he couldn't tell us exactly what we needed but it would be good for my husband to travel back to the US. He mentioned some good things to prove domicile (TAKE NOTES!) to obtain/renew a drivers license in that state, get a more concert contract for where we are living, register at a school, to get a job offer , register to vote, to open a bank account, see a doctor, and show state taxes.

He then went on to say that everything else looked in order and lectured us on how other couples have to be apart for this process. And the whole point is to reunite couples and that I didn't need a visa to go to the USA. He then reminded me that if I did go down before approval they would most likely turn me back because I have an open case.

He told us that we didn't have to come back to Montreal and just needed to send in the Proof of Domicile. I asked how long it would take and he said he can't promise times as it can take up to four weeks.

Needless to say I was extremely disappointed, I actually felt very heartbroken. Really heartbroken and the weather to match. ( I know it's not as bad but when you go in thinking you got your ducks in a row, its just disappointing)

We left the consulate and actually got lost trying to get home. Mostly disorientated from disappointment.

My husband will be traveling down on the 17th, day after his Canadian swear in for PRC. (Does anyone know if they keep his passport, so far I've read not.) We are getting so much proof they will be like good lord! He's getting a job offer, opening a NEW bank account, registering with state, renewing his driver's license to the state, getting a full contract written up with his mother and getting it notarized, and see if he can register to vote.

We travel back home tomorrow. I'm trying not to feel like this trip was a waste(cause I know it wasn't) it's just hard when you don't go back and say YEA. =(

Good Luck to everyone else though.

That's terrible, but at least you have some idea what you can do to fix the problem. If it was a major problem you would have likely been called back for another interview. Pops was in AP but he got out after 4 mos. I'm sure that this will only be a minor setback. Give 'em the right piece of paper and they will give you the right piece of paper, that's the way bureaucracies work. Hang in there, you're almost home. (L):thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BTW, My brother got his Canadian citizenship fairly recently but they did not take away his US passport if that helps.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm so sorry this happened. i hope it can be resolved quickly for you guys. :\

so proof of domicile is pretty serious, huh? noted.

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

:( I'm so sorry.... Good luck on getting everything they're looking for!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Hoping all will work out for the best.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

Avery...

Just wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear this news. I really am. I don't have much more than that but it's fixable, right?

Good luck to you and we're here to support you, okay?

Best of luck...

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Damn that suck..

Process took us 1 year and 5 month from I-129F to Green Card

*09-??-2006* Met online @ world of warcraft

*~3 years later*

*01-??-2009* Relationship started

*03-01-2009* Went to see him 1 week

*03-05-2009* We got engaged

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*04-07-2009* I-129F received at USCIS (California)

*04-09-2009* NOA1 received

*04-17-2009* He came to see me that weekend

*05-30-2009* He came visit me for 1 week

*07-01-2009* Still waiting the Noa2

*07-17-2009* OMG IT GOT TOUCH!! XD

*07-20-2009* Got the Noa2 without trouble!

*08-14-2009* Went to see him 2 week!

*08-18-2009* Got the packet 3!

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*10-27-2009* Packet 4 received!

*11-06-2009* Gone for 1 week to see my baby

*11-20-2009* Medical at medisys + Police certificate

*12-01-2009* INTERVIEW Passed!! success!

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*02-26-2010* Filling for AoS

*03-10-2010* NOA

*03-30-2010* Biometrics taken

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

*I did not request my EAD or AP

*We did not get an interview

*09-30-2010* Green Card in hand!

Timeline

sorry to hear and welcome to the club! This happened to us on August 11 and we sent in evidence including lease with parents, job letter, school registration process, and hoyse listing on August 17. We are still waiting for our visa. They sent us an email on Sept 21 that it was issued only to apologize later that it still required further admin work. Perhaps our case is unique, but it has been 8 weeks.

Timeline

Thank you for the support guys. <3 I know it's not so bad. =) I mean they could have just said no and make us start over. LOL (I think i would have died though)

My worry is that everything else we send might not be sufficient. However what doesn't kill you will make you stronger and frustrated LOL <3

So lesson learned, proving domicile uber important! And hey we finally have a list offered with stuff that will work! =D

*looks for the silver lining*

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline

I am so sorry, Avery. It appears this is what I have to look forward to. As the days go by, my regret is starting to grow about this process.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.