tlnt

I485 Trasnfered to CSC (EAD/AP Approved but no Biometric Appointment)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi Everybody.

We searched VJ and couldn't find something similar but here goes...

We applied for AOS (from K1) on 8/7, and in the uscis case status, it told us that our EAD/AP approval notice was being sent on 9/9 and that our AOS was:

" Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On September 8, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below. "

It seems some people get their case transferred to CSC (and it should be a good thing - possibly no interview).

Question: How long does it take for CSC to receive the case and in the future do we contact NSC or the CSC Premium processing number (866-315-5718)? We tried to use the Receipt Number on the I797C but CSC didn't recognize that number.

2nd Question: We haven't received our biometric appointment letter, it's been roughly a month. I think most people get their biometric letter fairly soon after NOA of AOS (and most time BEFORE transfer to CSC if applicable)...so we're wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Should we contact NSC/CSC? Can we walk-in with just the NOA and NO BIOMETRIC letter to local USCIS office?

Thanks for any help!

Regards

TLNT

(K1: See timeline for more details http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=55270)

2008-10/01 - I-129F Sent (Taiwan, VSC)

2009-02/18 - I-129F NOA2, letter from USCIS/CRIS (140 d / 4 m 17 d)

2009-03-13 or 14 - Fiance received Packet 3 (163 d / 5 m 12 d)

2009-03-31 - AIT Packet 4 sent (181 d, 5 m 30 d)

2009-04-13 - Schedule K-1 Interview, PASSED!!!(194 d / 6 m 12 d)

(AOS/EAD/AP):

2009-07-25 - Arrival POE

2009-07-27 - Marriage

2009-07-29 - Apply for SSN

2009-08-07 - Apply AOS/EAD/AP

2009-08-12 - NOA: AOS/EAD/AP

2009-08-12 - SSN approved (card received 2009-09-09)

2009-09-09 - NOA: AOS transferred to CSC and EAD/AP approved (NO BIOMETRICS yet!)

2009-09-14 - AP received (2 copies) / Opened inquiry for lack of biometric with NSC

2009-09-15 - AOS Case pending

2009-10-03 - BioMetrics Received (AOS/EAD) scheduled 10/22/2009

2009-10-06 - Successful walk-in Biometrics Alexandria ASC

2009-10-07&09 - EAD Card Production

2009-10-15 - EAD Card Received

2010-01-11 - Greenncard Received

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everybody.

We applied for AOS (from K1) on 8/7, and in the uscis case status, it told us that our EAD/AP approval notice was being sent on 9/9 and that our AOS was:

On September 8, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below. "

It seems some people get their case transferred to CSC (and it should be a good thing - possibly no interview).

Question: How long does it take for CSC to receive the case and in the future do we contact NSC or the CSC Premium processing number (866-315-5718)? We tried to use the Receipt Number on the I797C but CSC didn't recognize that number.

2nd Question: We haven't received our biometric appointment letter, it's been roughly a month. I think most people get their biometric letter fairly soon after NOA of AOS (and most time BEFORE transfer to CSC if applicable)...so we're wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Should we contact NSC/CSC? Can we walk-in with just the NOA and NO BIOMETRIC letter to local USCIS office?

Thanks for any help!

Regards

TLNT

WE applied about the same time and have already got boimetrics app

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everybody.

Thanks for any help!

Regards

TLNT

Ours too was transfered to CA

2nd Question: We haven't received our biometric appointment letter, it's been roughly a month. I think most people get their biometric letter fairly soon after NOA of AOS (and most time BEFORE transfer to CSC if applicable)...so we're wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Should we contact NSC/CSC? Call the customer service telphone number on your I-797/NOA.

Can we walk-in with just the NOA and NO BIOMETRIC letter to local USCIS office?No

It is unusual for all those things to happen before the biometrics - but worth a phone call to investigate.

Timeline

Thanks for the responses.

I think our case is a little weird in the sense that maybe we had a "problem" with our SSN process. Our SSN required manual verification after multiple failed electronic verification (this due to paperwork error and combination with SSN was filed under my wife's married name vs maiden name and being too early applying for SSN). USCIS finally verified it after 1 month (we applied for AOS about 1 week after applying for SSN). So our case transferred to CSC (and EAD/AP approved) about 1 week after USCIS verified our SSN. So maybe something jumped over another step in the process. Anyways, not sure just guessing at this point.

NSC also stated that our EAD wasn't sent out yet due to lack of biometrics (!?)

NSC stated the same contents of my 2nd NOA letter and was surprised I didn't get biometrics letter. Person stated they would contact the local USCIS office and took down wife's information. Said if I didn't get a letter in 1 month to call them back with Reference Number.

Is this Reference Number the same as Infopass's Request ID?

I made an appointment with local uscis via infopass anyways as it seems biometrics should have originated from them anyhow. Will bring all my NOAs and hopefully squeak in a walk-in biometric if possible. But mostly to figure out if there is something wrong.

Thanks, take care.

TLNT

(K1: See timeline for more details http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=55270)

(AOS/EAD/AP):

2009-07-25 - Arrival POE

2009-07-27 - Marriage

2009-09-09 - NOA: AOS transferred to CSC and EAD/AP approved (NO BIOMETRICS yet!)

2009-09-14 - AP received (2 copies) / Opened inquiry for lack of biometric with NSC

event.png

Timeline

So, it gets stranger and stranger.

Spoke to NSC and they stated that it was odd to not have biometrics done, so they sent a request to the local uscis office to request update on biometrics appointment. I assumed this was my local office relative to where I live but actually come to find out they stated (after calling again) that in fact the local office processing my request was CSC. Also, they stated that the actual place doing biometrics is not the washington field office (prosperity ave) but rather the Application Support Center (Alexandria, VA). So, it seems to go like this from what I can gather, local field office contacts the ASC to tell them to generate the biometric appointment and then you go to that office not the field office (which is only really for interviews?) Anyways, I'm a bit confused. NSC generated a request for missing notification and said it would take up to 45 days for response.

So I made an appointment after talking to NSC to the washington field office and spoke to immigration officer. The officer didn't really seem to be too excited to know about our case :) and gave the line it hasn't been 90 days. He indicated you DON'T always need biometrics for AOS/EAD approval (which somehow I've NEVER heard of in VJ ???), then he reverted back to it's not been 90 days. Honestly kind of a waste of 3 hours ha, but atleast we tried.

So we called NSC after visiting washington field office and the lady confirmed, yes biometrics are required/mandatory and if it's sent to csc, you most likely won't require interview but depends on how your case goes. It may go back to the field office where you live for interview. She attempted to request another missing notification, but the system had our previous one generated already (just wanted to make sure - they will do this if you state you don't believe that request didn't go through).

So we're going to wait for a) the EAD which was approved w/o any biometrics and see if we actually get a card/letter and

B) the 45 days and see if we get any more i485 notices or biometric appointment.

BTW, our i485 (on uscis online) case was now pending (at csc i assume) which others have stated is the next step after transfer to csc.

Thanks for your time. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

TLNT

(AOS/EAD/AP):

2009-07-25 - Arrival POE

2009-07-27 - Marriage

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
NSC stated the same contents of my 2nd NOA letter and was surprised I didn't get biometrics letter. Person stated they would contact the local USCIS office and took down wife's information. Said if I didn't get a letter in 1 month to call them back with Reference Number.

Is this Reference Number the same as Infopass's Request ID?

This right here is exactly what we did when my husband didn't get his biometrics appointment. We called on the 30 day mark from the NOA1 which is what they require you to wait. Did you call the number that was on the bottom of your NOA1? If so, then it sounds like you called the right place. The reference number you got is a receipt number for what they call a call for service (or something similarly worded). Since you just called them, I would just give it a couple of weeks, that's about how long it took for my husband's biometrics letter to be generated. Oh, and you should be getting a receipt in the next couple of days just confirming that call, and it will list that Reference number they gave you.

Hope that helps. There were 3 of us of the July filers who went through the exact same thing regarding calling for a missing Biometrics appt and all 3 were resolved fairly timely and in the same manner. :star:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have been transfered 3 times now back an forth.

We are in AOS hell .. we posted to see if others are in the same situation.

Sounds like we are not the only ones.

Rosie and David

single 15 years married 5 months ....now I know what peaks and valleys are in life. LOVE my wife hehehe

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We did receive a biometric appointment letter from ASC after about 2.5 weeks. We'll attempt a walk-in next week, the original scheduled date was late October.

Thanks again

TLNT

(AOS/EAD/AP):

2009-07-25 - Arrival POE

2009-07-27 - Marriage

event.png

• 5 weeks later...

We did receive a biometric appointment letter from ASC after about 2.5 weeks. We'll attempt a walk-in next week, the original scheduled date was late October.

Thanks again

TLNT

Just wanna know what number did you call of the follow up for your bio letter?

Filed N-400 (Arizona Lockbox) - July 10, 2014

NOA received - July 22, 2014

Biometrics - August 8, 2014

In line for interview scheduling - August 12, 2014

• 1 year later...

Where you are quoted discussing the response from the CO, “He indicated you DON'T always need biometrics for AOS/EAD approval (which somehow I've NEVER heard of in VJ ???).” The CO is correct. With our case, and several others that I have seen previously, the EAD was approved before the biometrics appointment was set. Yes, we were very confused about this as well. Once our EAD was approved, finally, the notice for our biometrics was mailed. However, it took a while. Additionally, like yourselves our AOS case got transferred to the CSC office. From what I understand regarding the biometrics appointment, it depends on how busy the local office is during that time period.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.