meowmeowmeow

Getting Ready to Send NVC Packet!!!!!!!!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Ok, so I had been waiting forever for my brother to send his docs to me (he is going to be my joint sponsor with the i-1864)

i got:

his filed taxes from 2006-2006 in nice neat little binders done by their CPA,

the 2007 w-2

some other financial #######...misc. tax forms for 2007

his paystubs from April 2007 to present

an employment letter from his boss stating how much he is currently making (fortunately well over what we need)

he unfortunately did not include his 2008 w-2, and per my conversation with a surly NVC operator, i would need that too, or my case will be delayed (not that it hasn't been already with freaking waiting for everything to come together...)

oh and the i-1864 form....

as for me:

my tax forms from 2006-2008, as well as tax transcripts that i had sent to my home for those same years.

w-2 for 2007 and 2008.....but don't have 2006...is this going to be a problem?

and the signed i-864 form

---------------------------------

1) is this enough?

i made well over the poverty limit in both 2007 and 2008 but just barely that in 2006 because i had started my now defunct job in october of 2006....

no other assets, nothing at this point

===============================================

a) can i send these in with the ds-3032 and ds-230 forms TOGETHER?

and going to that.....i have:

the signed ds-230 part i form (we altered the barcode and what not using lingche's NVC instructions....i hope that this is the right way to do it....NVC also told me that they wouldnt be sending me anything and that i'd have to print everything out on my own, OF COURSE without specifying that i'd need to change the barcode or anything....$^$#&$#&$#!!!!!!!!)

the choice of agent form..but frankly, this was already done via email, so would it be redundant/annoying to send it again with the forms?

original marriage certificate (with english translation that is notarized) in this case, our "aile cuzdani" (turkish marriage book)

original police certificate (with english translation & stamp from the translator signifying that it was "notarized" although syria doesn't really have notaries per se for this stuff...)

original military certificate (same as above....but we managed to get some stamps on it via some government office to signify that it's valid and true)

my divorce papers that are already stamped and from the original office in Alexandria, VA

his 2 passport photos

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?

they told me that the emails i had stacked up, my itinerary info, ticket stubs, photos, and more affidavits from family and friends would be given to the embassy if they require it at the interview.

so should i just send this stuff to my husband before the interiew?

it's pissing me off because i've read a few times in this forum about how people have sent this stuff in with their packets...so why is this woman telling me that i don't need to send in this stuff? WTH? :(

any help sorting out this mess would be appreciated...

i am also thinking of WOW'ing them by putting everything in nice plastic folders and putting everything in a binder and labeling it with color coded tabs...is that going overboard?

thanks......i want to get this ####### out the door within the next 3 days so any help would be appreciated....

p.s. should i also include the affidavits that we wrote ourselves that we are entering this marriage for love purposes and nothing else? we have already done this, his is not notarized because syria as i said doesn't really have notary offices and i got mine done at my local bank...

should i also include a cover letter, besides the one that i printed out when i paid the IV bill??

ugh...

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have 3 years worth of tax information for both you and your co-sponsor then you should be OK reagarding the I-864

For the DS-230 you will also need to fill out part II but not sign it. The beneficiary will also need a birth certificate listing parents names. You should submit originals and 1 copy of each, and make a copy for yourself.

Has your choice of agent already been accepted?

We sent out I-864 and the DS-230 packets together.

As for WOWing them - I don't think it matters. Have it organized and well put together but I doubt you will impress them.

Print the case number and name of beneficiary on the back of the passport photos in pencil.

I wouldn't include the affidavits, but that is just me. OF COURSE you are going to say it's for love!

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

I'm not sure what you mean by misc. tax forms but NVC is pretty clear about what they need. They want the return and the W-2 for each year (if you are submitting for more than one year). Do you have the W-2 for 2006? Are these misc. forms the actual returns for 2007? And yes you will absolutely 100% need the W-2 for 2008. Without it the return means nothing. I could fill in the form and claim I made $900 million dollars. It's the W-2 that backs it all up. If you aren't able to provide a return and a W-2 for all three years for your joint sponsor then you need to order transcripts for him.

The paystubs and letter from your brother's employer are great, but do you have those from your own job?

No need to worry about being under the poverty line for 2006. It's what's happening now that matters. That's why it's important to show proof of your current income, not just what was on the 2008 return. You say "now defunct job" so I'm guessing you're no longer employed and that's why you can't include your own income. Fair enough.

You absolutely should not submit the IV package with the AOS package. It sounds like your DS-3032 has not been accepted yet so the DS-230 has not been generated yet. You cannot send anything to NVC until they ask for it. Read the LingChe shortcuts again more carefully please. If you want to hold off on sending your AOS package, that's fine. Once the DS-230 has been generated and the fee shows as paid on the website then you can feel free to mail them in together. If you're able to it's best to send the AOS package ASAP though. They could be processing it while you wait for the DS-3032 to be accepted. This is especially important if you consider that you may get an RFE for the AOS, in which case you'll want to be on top of that sooner rather than later so that you don't delay the completion of your case.

You don't mention the original birth certificate of the beneficiary. Make sure you send that as well. Come to think of it, you also need to show proof of citizenship (or permanent residency) for your joint sponsor. Do you have a copy of his birth certificate or unexpired passport?

And you do not send any proof of relationship in to NVC. Save it all for the embassy. And save all that organization for the interview as well. Just make a cover letter for each package and stick a binder clip around all of them. They're just going to take everything out of the binder when they go through it all and send it to the embassy later, so don't waste your postage.

I think that was it...

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Timeline
If you have 3 years worth of tax information for both you and your co-sponsor then you should be OK reagarding the I-864

For the DS-230 you will also need to fill out part II but not sign it. The beneficiary will also need a birth certificate listing parents names. You should submit originals and 1 copy of each, and make a copy for yourself.

Has your choice of agent already been accepted?

We sent out I-864 and the DS-230 packets together.

As for WOWing them - I don't think it matters. Have it organized and well put together but I doubt you will impress them.

Print the case number and name of beneficiary on the back of the passport photos in pencil.

I wouldn't include the affidavits, but that is just me. OF COURSE you are going to say it's for love!

Good luck.

hi there.

the only thing we're missing is the w-2 for him for 2008 and my w-2 for 2006...in this case, dunno what to do...i do have my tax trascripts though, and i guess we can order my brother's...would this be fine? can i get away without getting the w-2 for me for 2006 then? my brother just moved to texas as well and his stuff is still in disarray and would take a while to get me his w-2...that's why im stressed. do we really need all this...ugh.

i got all his stuff, but didn't realize i needed to get copies too...ok i'll get on that as well.

then i'll just send the affidavits to my hubby so he can hold on to them for the interview...

thanks for your reply, that's great.

Timeline:

TBC....

Timeline
I'm not sure what you mean by misc. tax forms but NVC is pretty clear about what they need. They want the return and the W-2 for each year (if you are submitting for more than one year). Do you have the W-2 for 2006? Are these misc. forms the actual returns for 2007? And yes you will absolutely 100% need the W-2 for 2008. Without it the return means nothing. I could fill in the form and claim I made $900 million dollars. It's the W-2 that backs it all up. If you aren't able to provide a return and a W-2 for all three years for your joint sponsor then you need to order transcripts for him.
Well, I mean like Tuition Reimbursement and some other misc. stuff...I see a Combined Tax Statement for 2007 from Bank of America, a doc. from the NJ Dept. of Labor Unemployment Insurance (??), and two forms that say "Continued Claim for Disability During Unemployment Benefits"....for my sis-in-law. Do I really need to send in all this stuff too? They claim that it goes with their tax return, so I'm not 100%...and I have this feeling that NVC is really nitpicky and will find any reason to butcher my case, so I just want to be extra careful in regards to what I send....

The paystubs and letter from your brother's employer are great, but do you have those from your own job?
besides a temp gig doing paralegal work that I had back in March, which is nil anyways, I haven't worked since August 2008. Hence why I am using my bro as my joint sponsor.

No need to worry about being under the poverty line for 2006. It's what's happening now that matters. That's why it's important to show proof of your current income, not just what was on the 2008 return. You say "now defunct job" so I'm guessing you're no longer employed and that's why you can't include your own income. Fair enough.
yeah.

You absolutely should not submit the IV package with the AOS package. It sounds like your DS-3032 has not been accepted yet so the DS-230 has not been generated yet. You cannot send anything to NVC until they ask for it. Read the LingChe shortcuts again more carefully please. If you want to hold off on sending your AOS package, that's fine. Once the DS-230 has been generated and the fee shows as paid on the website then you can feel free to mail them in together. If you're able to it's best to send the AOS package ASAP though. They could be processing it while you wait for the DS-3032 to be accepted. This is especially important if you consider that you may get an RFE for the AOS, in which case you'll want to be on top of that sooner rather than later so that you don't delay the completion of your case.
ok here's the thing though. I already paid for the IV bill, and the cover bill has already been generated and sent to me. I did not, however, get any forms from NVC yet. Maybe I should call them back to ask about that? The operator I spoke to today did say they are waiting on the I-864 AND the DS-230 forms...so I am sort of stuck on that..well, I guess best to call. But I will follow your advice and send the packets separately. Better be safe than sorry. My main issue is the AOS packet though...just missing these damn W-2 forms...

You don't mention the original birth certificate of the beneficiary. Make sure you send that as well. Come to think of it, you also need to show proof of citizenship (or permanent residency) for your joint sponsor. Do you have a copy of his birth certificate or unexpired passport?
oh good one! Yeah I have that already as well, and it's translated and notarized too! I also asked him to copy his entire passport from front to back and I've got that as well. And wow..didn't realize my brother had to show proof of citizenship....jeez! Well, guess that I'll have to ask him for that too.....ugh.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

And you do not send any proof of relationship in to NVC. Save it all for the embassy. And save all that organization for the interview as well. Just make a cover letter for each package and stick a binder clip around all of them. They're just going to take everything out of the binder when they go through it all and send it to the embassy later, so don't waste your postage.

I think that was it...

Sounds good...thanks a mil....I had a huge stack of emails and my itinerary tickets and what not together, as well as over 60 pics of us together and one with my mom, 2 with my sis, and about 6-7 with our wedding guests....guess that's enough right? Don't want to piss them off with bombarding them with snapshots but whatever...

THANK YOU, you don't know how much your advice means to me. Thanks to the both of you for replying.

Best wishes,

Kat

Timeline:

TBC....

Well, I mean like Tuition Reimbursement and some other misc. stuff...I see a Combined Tax Statement for 2007 from Bank of America, a doc. from the NJ Dept. of Labor Unemployment Insurance (??), and two forms that say "Continued Claim for Disability During Unemployment Benefits"....for my sis-in-law. Do I really need to send in all this stuff too? They claim that it goes with their tax return, so I'm not 100%...and I have this feeling that NVC is really nitpicky and will find any reason to butcher my case, so I just want to be extra careful in regards to what I send....

Interesting... I don't know much about taxes beyond the basic filings so I'm not sure what all of that is. You were right to say misc. papers then! In that case I'd say yes, more is better. Not sure how the unemployment for your sister in law would come in to play. I know that even when a joint sponsor has filed a joint return with a spouse it's only the income of the joint sponsor that counts, so I'm not sure you'd need her paperwork. Maybe someone else will have some more ideas...

ok here's the thing though. I already paid for the IV bill, and the cover bill has already been generated and sent to me. I did not, however, get any forms from NVC yet. Maybe I should call them back to ask about that? The operator I spoke to today did say they are waiting on the I-864 AND the DS-230 forms...so I am sort of stuck on that..well, I guess best to call. But I will follow your advice and send the packets separately. Better be safe than sorry. My main issue is the AOS packet though...just missing these damn W-2 forms...

Oh well if you've already got the cover letter for the IV package then you can certainly send them in together. If you think you'll be waiting on what you need for the AOS though you could send in the IV package now just to get them moving on that. RFEs are usually issued for that rather than the AOS so it's probably a good idea to let them get started on that ASAP. I can't think of anyone who's sent in the IV package before the AOS but I can't imagine it'd be a problem at all.

Sounds good...thanks a mil....I had a huge stack of emails and my itinerary tickets and what not together, as well as over 60 pics of us together and one with my mom, 2 with my sis, and about 6-7 with our wedding guests....guess that's enough right? Don't want to piss them off with bombarding them with snapshots but whatever...

More is always better, especially when it comes to MENA cases. Those photos with family members get an A+ too so good work on that. You won't be bombarding them. Just have them available at the interview and if they ask you can offer them, starting with those most important ones first.

THANK YOU, you don't know how much your advice means to me. Thanks to the both of you for replying.

:)

Naturalization

DONE!

Timeline
Interesting... I don't know much about taxes beyond the basic filings so I'm not sure what all of that is. You were right to say misc. papers then! In that case I'd say yes, more is better. Not sure how the unemployment for your sister in law would come in to play. I know that even when a joint sponsor has filed a joint return with a spouse it's only the income of the joint sponsor that counts, so I'm not sure you'd need her paperwork. Maybe someone else will have some more ideas...
well, they filed married and jointly so that's why i figured i'd just shut up and send it in. i'm hoping now that he'll recover the w-2, he's a real pain in the #### to get to do anything. :whistle:

Oh well if you've already got the cover letter for the IV package then you can certainly send them in together. If you think you'll be waiting on what you need for the AOS though you could send in the IV package now just to get them moving on that. RFEs are usually issued for that rather than the AOS so it's probably a good idea to let them get started on that ASAP. I can't think of anyone who's sent in the IV package before the AOS but I can't imagine it'd be a problem at all.
so ....i'm guessing i'm not getting nada from NVC then and just need to go ahead and send this stuff in..alright, then i'm sending the IV stuff tmr. and will wait on i-864...got no other choice....

More is always better, especially when it comes to MENA cases. Those photos with family members get an A+ too so good work on that. You won't be bombarding them. Just have them available at the interview and if they ask you can offer them, starting with those most important ones first.

yeah....i mean i know it sucks and all, but i understand i guess why MENA takes longer. one of the things that i'm hoping if that is he does have to go into AP, it won't be that long. he doesn't have a common Middle Eastern name and hopefully it won't be an issue.

thanks again for your reply!

and hope someone can clear up the IV issue too :)

cheers.

Timeline:

TBC....

Does NVC have your email addresses?

If not then you'll never get anything from them. Even if they do have your email addresses it takes them days to send anything.

So yeah, definitely don't wait around for any mail from them- just use the forms from the NVC website.

Naturalization

DONE!

Timeline

um...FYI for anyone in my situation, I just spoke with a NVC operator and she just told me that i could submit tax transcripts in lieu of a w-2, so that's a huge burden off my shoulders....

and i've got mine already so got to ask my bro to get his....

i'm paranoid enough as it is, so i'll call tomorrow again just to clarify all this.

Does NVC have your email addresses?

If not then you'll never get anything from them. Even if they do have your email addresses it takes them days to send anything.

So yeah, definitely don't wait around for any mail from them- just use the forms from the NVC website.

hey...yeah they do!

my main concern was the barcode thing. i asked her about that, and she just said that i just needed the main cover page and that was it...but i'm going to follow lingche's thing and try to generate a barcode and what not to copy/paste on the form...

Timeline:

TBC....

Yes yes transcripts are not only acceptable, they are preferred. The less they have to sift through the better.

Also, there is no barcode you need to produce for the IV or AOS packages. As long as you've got the cover letter you're all set. The barcode instructions in the LingChe shortcuts are for the DS-3032.

Naturalization

DONE!

Timeline

why do i keep thinking that i have to give two passport photos of myself as well? yeah or nay/

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, you totally do!!

Two passport pictures of you, if you're the beneficiary for the DS230. Get them done to US spec and write your name, your NVC # and your date of birth on the back of them. ..

Cheers and good luck!

why do i keep thinking that i have to give two passport photos of myself as well? yeah or nay/

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Yes yes transcripts are not only acceptable, they are preferred. The less they have to sift through the better.

Also, there is no barcode you need to produce for the IV or AOS packages. As long as you've got the cover letter you're all set. The barcode instructions in the LingChe shortcuts are for the DS-3032.

hey...does this mean that i don't need to submit the tax returns and can just go and send the tax transcripts we get from the IRS ONLY? that'd be awesome...

Yep, you totally do!!

Two passport pictures of you, if you're the beneficiary for the DS230. Get them done to US spec and write your name, your NVC # and your date of birth on the back of them. ..

Cheers and good luck!

no, honey, i'm the petitioner....and 2? argh...what the heck, i read 4 somewhere...

Good Luck!!

THANK YOU, i am nervous as hell just even putting this package together! it was supposed to go out today but my printer jammed.... :crying:

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah... then you only had to send them for the USCIS stuff.

Your husband has to send 2 in with the ds230 and then he'll need two for the medical...

That's 4 but only 2 get sent to the NVC...

hope that helps and if i'm wrong, lemme know,k?

hey...does this mean that i don't need to submit the tax returns and can just go and send the tax transcripts we get from the IRS ONLY? that'd be awesome...

Yep, you totally do!!

Cheers and good luck!

no, honey, i'm the petitioner....and 2? argh...what the heck, i read 4 somewhere...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.