funkyab

DCF interview 221g denial. Wife miserable. Anything to worry about?

7 posts in this topic

(i also posted this in DCF forum. please adjust if necessary}

Hi Everyone,

My wife went to her interview at the Stockholm embassy today. All paperwork was in order and they were satified with all of the basic documentation.

After many questions they gave her a denial based on 221g.

On the sheet they wrote that she needed to submit police records from Netherlands and Denmark. Although we provided police reports for all the places she has lived based on the requirements given by the embassy, they still requested these additional Documents. We are assuming that this is due to her ds230 bio-data showing that she has lived and studied in the Netherlands 2 different times for almost a year each time. The Danish police records were likely requested because although she hasn’t really lived there for any extended period of time, it is where her mother lives and where she is staying now unitl this visa is hopefully approved. The CO said he wanted these as a matter of his own discretion. My wife has never done anything wrong and we have no problems with submitting this information.

The CO actually kept her passport stating that he needed it so if approved he could mail it back to her in Denmark if approved. I know our case is a bit unique considering the extensive amount of traveling we do and variousl places we have lived due to our status as Erasmus masters students. I called Danish police and she can pick up a certified police certificate at any police station. I know that Dutch police certificates can only be requested by the consulate in the Netherlands. I called them and actually spoke to the person that handles this. She said that she had the request on the computer in front of her from Stockholm for the certificates for my wife and had already put in the request to the Dutch authorities. She said this process takes no more than 2 weeks. I thought the speed was amazing considering that I spoke to her no more than 45 minuted after my wife left her interview.

Is this anything we should be worried about? Is the fact they kept her passport a good sign, possibly indicating they will provide a fast return after receiving the requested documentation? This is of course very stressful for both of us.

Edited by funkyab

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Don't worry too much! We were also given a 221(g) in Stockholm, and a week and a half later (longest week and a half of my life) we WERE approved! They also kept his passport after the interview. Just try to get them what they need as quickly as you can, and everything will hopefully be ok :) Good luck to you!

Jennifer :)

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing (221g)

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

02/06/08 VISA arrives!!!!!!!

04/01/08 My honey arrives in the US!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

10/10/08 AP received

10/15/08 Work Permit received

1/24/09 Green Card Received

Don't worry too much! We were also given a 221(g) in Stockholm, and a week and a half later (longest week and a half of my life) we WERE approved! They also kept his passport after the interview. Just try to get them what they need as quickly as you can, and everything will hopefully be ok :) Good luck to you!

Jen,

Do you remember what the form you were given said exactly?

ours said:

1. Please provide police certificates from denmark

2. please provide police certificates from netherlands

3. pending adminstrative processing.

Once the above items are provided we will review your case. if all documents are in order your visa package will be issued and mailed to your via registered mail to your swedish address.

Please let me know.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, it's just a little extra time. Provide the documents and they'll process your case further. It is a good sign that they kept the passport, hopefully you'll get your police certificates quickly and the extra processing will take a few weeks.

:D

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, it's just a little extra time. Provide the documents and they'll process your case further. It is a good sign that they kept the passport, hopefully you'll get your police certificates quickly and the extra processing will take a few weeks.

:D

Ditto. They have to have the police certificates, that's all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi there,

Ours said:

1. Pending Administrative Processing.

That's it. I sent you a personal message too.

Try not to worry, I know I made myself totally sick thinking they were going to say "not approved" when that isn't what happened. Just read my thread about it to see how crazy I got! I was in a TOTAL panic, I could not eat, sleep, or think straight until that consular officer called us and said "approved." I am sure once they get those police records you'll get the approval.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing (221g)

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

02/06/08 VISA arrives!!!!!!!

04/01/08 My honey arrives in the US!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

10/10/08 AP received

10/15/08 Work Permit received

1/24/09 Green Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Welcome to "stress of 221(g)" club...

However, your problem is a simple one and can be corrected if you just get on the ball and submit the additional police clearances. Which it seems, is easy enough.

Good sign: the consulate officer kept your SO's passport...which means he will more than likely issue the visa once he gets the papers he wants.

So stop fretting over NOTHING SERIOUS

Edited by Nutty

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.