dave_ehssa

DS Forms

12 posts in this topic

Had my paperworks checked with the lady in d immigrant center(yesteray Feb 2)...and i have nothing to do this time so i want to share about what d lady said about my DS Forms.Hope these can help! (i just dont know if this post is appropriate to be here) is it???? lol :lol:

About my DS-156, had this printed for thrice. The first one coz of q27 What is the purpose of your trip i put there to be with my fiance and we will going to plan for our wedding...and when i saw sample of forms i saw it there for marriage and relocation. When my visa counselor checked it she said need to change it into TO BE WITH MY FIANCE AND MARRY HIM. She let me print another DS forms without barcode...coz i had barcode in my previous DS 156. I asked her why??? for K1 is without a barcode. So i have learned that DS FORMS in K1 application need not to have barcode. She checked every box..So to those who r doing the DS forms see to it to fill it out all boxes...u can put NONE..if it is not applicable. q32 and q33 if u want then check yes..and write BUT NONE AS OF THIS MOMENT.Q37 need to check all the boxes and dont forget to put NONE if it is not applicable. Q 39 CHECK no and fill out q40 write ur name and address put MYSELF after relationship to applicant then sign.

and in DS156K in q4 and q5 put NONE if its not applicable...just in the first blank. see the words below??? DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE...U can write the balnks to marry (write the name of ur fiance) then sign. and put the date (date of ur interview) at the place where u have ur interview.

She asked many questions while she was checking...she was acting like the consul...hehehehehe...anyway..im happy and excited now....pls pray for me and for others (FEB interviews) God Bless us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :star:

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

had my immunization info transferred in I-693a thank God!

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

May 13, 2007- item was delivered in CHICAGO IL

May 16, 2007- AOS/EAD NOA recieved

June 2, 2007- Biometrics Appointment Date

June 21,2007-AOS transferred to California Service Center

July 10, 2007-I-485 Card production Ordered

July 11, 2007-Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

July 13, 2007-Approval notice sent- I-485

July 19, 2007- Green Card Arrived! Wooohooo!

July 24, 2007- I passed my driving written test!

August 22, 2007 Passed my road test and started my work!

April 2009- Removing Conditions Applied

September 11 -got my 10 Year green card! yahooo!

December 2010- Apply for Citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
About my DS-156, had this printed for thrice. When my visa counselor checked it she said need to change it into TO BE WITH MY FIANCE AND MARRY HIM. She let me print another DS forms without barcode...coz i had barcode in my previous DS 156. I asked her why??? for K1 is without a barcode. So i have learned that DS FORMS in K1 application need not to have barcode.

It is advisable that DS 156 should be filled out online so that it will have a BARCODE... DS 156K & DS 157 can be filled out manually but it has to be done neatly & legibly...In my case, I will do it online so I will just print them out...Less hussle & neat...

You can check these links for the interview experience of some Filipinas @ US Manila embassy which they state that DS 156 should have barcode...(the Filipina in the first link had her interview February 1, 2007)

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/i...?showtopic=4488

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/i...?showtopic=1113

Other people who were done their interview can give you more idea...I maybe wrong though but so far that is what I've read....

God bless! God bless you in your upcoming interview...All the BEST!

BEst regards,

Marie

Edited by MarieandBryan

May 2007 - arrived in Texas

June 2007 - our "big day"

November 2007 - 2-yr GC received

December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

About my DS-156, had this printed for thrice. When my visa counselor checked it she said need to change it into TO BE WITH MY FIANCE AND MARRY HIM. She let me print another DS forms without barcode...coz i had barcode in my previous DS 156. I asked her why??? for K1 is without a barcode. So i have learned that DS FORMS in K1 application need not to have barcode.

It is advisable that DS 156 should be filled out online so that it will have a BARCODE... DS 156K & DS 157 can be filled out manually but it has to be done neatly & legibly...In my case, I will do it online so I will just print them out...Less hussle & neat...

You can check these links for the interview experience of some Filipinas @ US Manila embassy which they state that DS 156 should have barcode...(the Filipina in the first link had her interview February 1, 2007)

Other people who were done their interview can give you more idea...I maybe wrong though but so far that is what I've read....

Thank you for the links! i will bring my old DS 156 with me with the barcode..since my visa counselor said that i need to have the DS 156 without the barcode will follow her...i will bring two..with and without the barcode.... :star:

God Bless!

BEst regards,

Marie

Thank you for the links! i will bring my old DS 156 with me with the barcode..since my visa counselor said that i need to have the DS 156 without the barcode will follow her...i will bring two..with and without the barcode.... :star:

God Bless

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

Essha, I would not put too much credibility in the ONE person's opinion when so many here in VJ have been through the interview using the examples on this site without any issues. See you on the 15th at the VJ dinner. Ken & Maria

Had my paperworks checked with the lady in d immigrant center(yesteray Feb 2)...and i have nothing to do this time so i want to share about what d lady said about my DS Forms.Hope these can help! (i just dont know if this post is appropriate to be here) is it???? lol :lol:

About my DS-156, had this printed for thrice. The first one coz of q27 What is the purpose of your trip i put there to be with my fiance and we will going to plan for our wedding...and when i saw sample of forms i saw it there for marriage and relocation. When my visa counselor checked it she said need to change it into TO BE WITH MY FIANCE AND MARRY HIM. She let me print another DS forms without barcode...coz i had barcode in my previous DS 156. I asked her why??? for K1 is without a barcode. So i have learned that DS FORMS in K1 application need not to have barcode. She checked every box..So to those who r doing the DS forms see to it to fill it out all boxes...u can put NONE..if it is not applicable. q32 and q33 if u want then check yes..and write BUT NONE AS OF THIS MOMENT.Q37 need to check all the boxes and dont forget to put NONE if it is not applicable. Q 39 CHECK no and fill out q40 write ur name and address put MYSELF after relationship to applicant then sign.

and in DS156K in q4 and q5 put NONE if its not applicable...just in the first blank. see the words below??? DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE...U can write the balnks to marry (write the name of ur fiance) then sign. and put the date (date of ur interview) at the place where u have ur interview.

She asked many questions while she was checking...she was acting like the consul...hehehehehe...anyway..im happy and excited now....pls pray for me and for others (FEB interviews) God Bless us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :star:

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Essha, I would not put too much credibility in the ONE person's opinion when so many here in VJ have been through the interview using the examples on this site without any issues. See you on the 15th at the VJ dinner. Ken & Maria

No, not on the 15th but on the 14th first! coz i need also to get the letter... :star: See u on the 14thhhh!!!!! hopefully on the 15th if my mom want to stay..coz we were planning to go back home 15th in the afternoon or 16th in the morning..u know i am living in a far away land..joke! on top of d mountain LOL :lol: lets see..wanna meet other VJ members in person!

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

BEst regards,

Marie

Thank you so much! id just read the links..yeah its true need to have d barcode..whats wrong with my visa counselor...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...anyway thank u again...like reading it...Luv yah! :yes:

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you! Just *exactly* the kind of information that I need! :)

Previous lists moved to "Story" section

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

DS-156 is a form that MUST be completed online. It generates a barcode. It is NOT accepted without the barcode. Therefore, you cannot just handwrite the DS-156.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

You are welcome! but ooooooooooppppppppsss..read all the replies of this post coz they said it needs barcode..want u to have it with the barcode ok....coz according to them it needs to have a barcode..dont want to give wrong info...Goodluck!

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

would like to add these for u...

In (DS 156)DO NOT include the page 3 they don't need that ,

if possible make it back to back infront is page 1

and at the back is page 2 , embassy just need you to

fill up and pass 2 DS156, 2 DS157 and 1 DS156K ,

if you don't have an answer in the item don't leave

it blank put NONE.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE

(1) DS-157 FORM WHICH THE BANK HAS VALIDATED/STAMPED

AT THE BACK WHEN YOU MADE YOUR PAYMENT.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SHOW THE EMBASSY THAT YOU PAID

YOUR VISA INTERVIEW.

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to add these here:

During our interview date last thursday Feb 15, in the morning..the guy gave us instructions on what to do with our DS Forms...

-DS 156- with or without barcode is fine.

-paste your 2 pics on it (not to staple)

-my friend was delayed coz she wasnt able to answer q37...dont forget to answer, put x or check the boxes and put NONE. There are 5 blanks there that needs to b answered.

and in DS156K in q4 and q5 put NONE if its not applicable...just in the first blank. see the words below??? DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE...U can write the blank; to marry (write the name of ur fiance) then leave other blanks coz u will sign it infront of d consular officer.

-arranged all ur forms :(1) Appointment letter together with (2)DS 156 2 copies, next (3)DS 157 2 copies (put the page with the stamp at the back first) then (4) 156k one copy)

When u have it all done...they will call by batch to check ur DS forms . If u wasnt able to do it right or had leave some blanks u will be left behind by others who did it correct.

Check ur forms nowwww......Goodluck!!!! :thumbs:

[/center]

AOS/EAD APPLICATION

Got my SSN

May 11, 2007-AOS mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.