phub11

Visting partner during K1 visa processing?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Probably a straight forward answer to a straight forward question: can I visit my fiancee on a visa waiver while my K1 visa is being processed? I last visited her just prior to filing the I-129f which was done in early December. I am British so can use a visa waiver for traveling, and have lived in the States for 10 years prior to that on F1 and J1 visas.

She can't visit me as she has just started a new job and we need the time for a honeymoon! So the only other option is a weekend in Canada - which while nice isn't very long and is rather expensive for such a short trip!

Thanks!

Just a quick note about the honeymoon - if you go over on the K-1 visa then you will be able to leave the US but you will not be able to re-enter the US without Advance Parole so you will either need to postpone your honeymoon or go somewhere in the US :) If you leave before getting AP then you will have to go through the whole K3/CR1 spousal visa route... not a good plan after waiting for the K-1!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6

If you marry before getting K-1 you will be starting over and be filing for a spousal visa, and if you honeymoon outside the USA after getting K-1 and marrying and have not filed for AOS and AP, and don't have AP, then you will be starting all over again and be filing for a spousal visa.

FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.7

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

We are planning to marry in the States, and have another ceremony and Honeymoon in the UK and Spain, respectively, shortly after. I plan to file Advance Parole straight after the marriage (how long does that normally take?). Unfortunately some close family members are too poorly to travel to America.

Cheers!

Timeline

I believe A/P can take a couple of months or more to get so you may have to hold fire on the Honeymoon matey. Good luck with it all though and yes you can stay on the VWP just make sure you have lots of evidence of ties back to the UK :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I'd reverse it. Have the wedding/honeymoon in the UK/spain first. Then come to the usa on the K1 and then get and sign the certificate. After all in the end its just a piece of paper
Not a problem if the "Wedding" is just symbolic and has no legal filings involved, if legaly married before using the K-1, you will no longer be fiance(e) you will be spouses which require a different visa (CR-1 or K-3)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.