corngirl

Interview scheduled and then cancelled

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just wanted to find out if it happened to anyone else, too. I received a letter inviting me to the interview in late November. It scheduled the interview for February 28th. Then in early January I received another NOA cancelling the interview "due to unforseen circumstances". WHat does that mean (if you know from experience) and how long will I have to wait for re-scheduling?

My case was transfered to California last year.

TIMELINE

April 27, 2004 I-29F sent to Vermont Service Center

May 4, 2004 'I-29F received' NOA

May 28, 2004 'I-29F approved' NOA

June 7, 2004 State Departments's National Visa Center confirms receiving approved I-29F petition

October 07, 2004 Interview

October 22, 2004 Arriving in the US

January 8, 2005 Married.

AOS TIMELINE

February 25, 2005 AOS packet sent

March 21, 2005 AOS, EAD & AP NOAs received

April 15, 2005 AP received in the mail

April 19, 2005 Biometrics & Fingerprinting

April 25, 2005 EAD card received

June 7, 2005 Applied for a new SS card

August 10, 2005 Received a new SS card

September 8, 2005 Case transferred to CSC

November 23, 2005 RFE for Vaccinations received

November 29, 2005 Interview Invitation received scheduled for Feb. 28, 2006

January 5, 2006 Interview cancelled

February26 , 2006 Vaccination Supplement mailed

March 11, 2006 Case approved w/out interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Some of the AOS interviews are being transfered to California and green cards issued without an interview. I cannot say for sure but you may be one of the lucky ones. Good luck.

Mary

You could contact INFO pass I guess and inquire to make sure if you do not hear from them soon. Hope someone that has more experience or advice will come along and tell you for sure.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've read about cancellations happening. Let's hope that in your case it will be an approval without interview. Otherwise, the only other option is to wait, and INFOPASS is a good idea just to double check if everything is still progressing. It will give you piece of mind.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.