USCIS case number has the following format ("-" hyphens omitted):
Where the values above are as follows:
The USCIS I-797 Receipt Notice from USCIS
(or automated email) Contains Your Receipt Notice:
Checking Your USCIS Case Status With Your Receipt Number
You can check your USCIS case via several methods:
Online at the USCIS Case Status Page (preferred method)
Via phone by calling 1 (800) 375-5283
Via email the appropriate USCIS Service Center that is processing your case:
- California Service Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vermont Service Center: email@example.com
- Nebraska Service Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texas Service Center: email@example.com
Tracking Your Case Using the VisaJourney Timeline
You can create an immigration timeline here at VisaJourney giving you the following benefits:
- Estimated approval dates for each phase of your case
- Updates (turn on the auto timeline subscription tool to enable) when other members with similar cases are approved (meaning you will be soon after)
- Statistics on other cases, USCIS and consulate processing times
- Tracking of how many people are ahead of you in the queue (so you can see when you are close to being approved)
- Many other features as well!
We're Here for You!
NOTE: The above information does not address the specific requirements for any given case and is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.