pendleton_boy

K3 stipulation AFTER arrival in USA

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife was approved for a K3 Spousal Visa and entered POE on September 2, 2007. Does anyone know waht the stipulations are for her returning there for any reason in the first few months after she has arrived here in the US? She is in Manila today. She had a return flight back to the US at 6:40am this morning. The guards stopped her and reviewed her passport/Visa and didn't understand something about it. They contacted the US Embassy at 5am. Keep in mind her departure flight is 6:40am.... The US Embassy spoke with my wife on the phone and told her to come to the embassy when it opens at 7am!!!! GRRR!!!! OK, NOW she misses her flight and we will need to pay a re-booking fee because she missed her flight. Does anyone have any insight on this or enlighten me on why the stopped her and did not allow her to board the flight back home? She is at the embassy now and, of course I am looking for answers coz I'm so MAD! I can't contact her while she's at the embassy.....

***Married in Dankalan, Ilog, Negros Occidental on August 3, 2006***

10/16/06 - I-129f sent to Chicago

10/24/06 - I-129f recv'd

10/26/06 - Recv'd NOA1

11/9/06 - Case transferred from Chicago to Calif Servc Ctr

11/14/06 - Touched

11/15/06 - Touched

11/16/06 - Touched

11/17/06 - Touched

11/18/06 - Touched/Pending

11/20/06 - NOA recv'd stating that on 11/13/06 my case was transferred to CSC

01/25/07 - Recv'd email advising my case was sent to another office for processing???

01/28/07 - Touched (Sunday?)

02/09/07 - I-129f is now pending at the office to which it was transferred

02/09/07 - NOA2 from CSC

02/12/07 - Touched

02/13/07 - Assigned MNL#

02/21/07 - Arrived US Embassy in Manila

05/17/07 - Interview scheduled!!! Yipee!!!

06/22/07 - K3 Visa received

09/02/07 - Arrived in USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My wife was approved for a K3 Spousal Visa and entered POE on September 2, 2007. Does anyone know waht the stipulations are for her returning there for any reason in the first few months after she has arrived here in the US? She is in Manila today. She had a return flight back to the US at 6:40am this morning. The guards stopped her and reviewed her passport/Visa and didn't understand something about it. They contacted the US Embassy at 5am. Keep in mind her departure flight is 6:40am.... The US Embassy spoke with my wife on the phone and told her to come to the embassy when it opens at 7am!!!! GRRR!!!! OK, NOW she misses her flight and we will need to pay a re-booking fee because she missed her flight. Does anyone have any insight on this or enlighten me on why the stopped her and did not allow her to board the flight back home? She is at the embassy now and, of course I am looking for answers coz I'm so MAD! I can't contact her while she's at the embassy.....

Sounds like her visa was issued with an error. K3 visas are multiple entry. There are no restrictions on her entries to the US.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You're not giving us enough information or you're not telling us everything.

It is possible that she never amended he passport to reflect her married name, but that isn't usually a problem for travel back to the U.S., unless the plane ticket is not in her passport name.

Since it was Filipino Immigration who wouldn't let her board, it sounds like something was wrong with her passport or plane ticket, not her K3 visa.

A K3 visa has multiple reentry privileges.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
You're not giving us enough information or you're not telling us everything.

It is possible that she never amended he passport to reflect her married name, but that isn't usually a problem for travel back to the U.S., unless the plane ticket is not in her passport name.

Since it was Filipino Immigration who wouldn't let her board, it sounds like something was wrong with her passport or plane ticket, not her K3 visa.

A K3 visa has multiple reentry privileges.

It will be interesting to hear what happened at the Consulate but the fact that the US Consulate requested she come there, indicates a problem they can solve. That points to the visa. Another member recently reported a K3 visa issued indicating single entry.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.