CBR

super newbie questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

First post here, just found this site a few days ago and am really enjoying it :thumbs:

Here's our situation:

sent 1-129f 6/18/07

rcve RFE 7/2/07 (we had been told the wrong $$ to send by a border control officer grr!)

rcvd NOA1 7/13/07

Question 1:

and that's IT. Our case has never been touched a single time since then. I am seeing so many people that have NOA1 dates weeks after ours and am wondering if a touch means it was wanded off the shelf to be worked on and they're supposed to work on these in the order they are received then wth? How do they skip over cases like that? OR do they work on them by beneficiarie's country? He's from canada & I see that there are large numbers of applications from Canada & could understand it taking longer than other countries I suppose.

I called USCIS yesterday & inquired to make sure something didn't happen to our file and how are other cases that were received after ours already getting approved. I was given some standard text about how all cases are different blah blah blah. I'm thinking, yea but receipt dates are chronological...

Does anybody think I should be concerned? Should I just be patient & this is normal?

Question 2:

Does toronto process k-1 visas? Meaning will his interview be there if it's the closest consulate to where he lives? Or are they only done in Montreal & Vancouver?

Question 3:

Does the 2nd NOA get sent to me (the petitioner) or to my fiance (the beneficiary)?

Question 4:

Do they allow the fiance to accompany the beneficiary at the interview? Will they interview me too, or just him?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Timeline
First post here, just found this site a few days ago and am really enjoying it :thumbs:

Here's our situation:

sent 1-129f 6/18/07

rcve RFE 7/2/07 (we had been told the wrong $$ to send by a border control officer grr!)

rcvd NOA1 7/13/07

Question 1:

and that's IT. Our case has never been touched a single time since then. I am seeing so many people that have NOA1 dates weeks after ours and am wondering if a touch means it was wanded off the shelf to be worked on and they're supposed to work on these in the order they are received then wth? How do they skip over cases like that? OR do they work on them by beneficiarie's country? He's from canada & I see that there are large numbers of applications from Canada & could understand it taking longer than other countries I suppose.

I called USCIS yesterday & inquired to make sure something didn't happen to our file and how are other cases that were received after ours already getting approved. I was given some standard text about how all cases are different blah blah blah. I'm thinking, yea but receipt dates are chronological...

Does anybody think I should be concerned? Should I just be patient & this is normal?

Question 2:

Does toronto process k-1 visas? Meaning will his interview be there if it's the closest consulate to where he lives? Or are they only done in Montreal & Vancouver?

Question 3:

Does the 2nd NOA get sent to me (the petitioner) or to my fiance (the beneficiary)?

Question 4:

Do they allow the fiance to accompany the beneficiary at the interview? Will they interview me too, or just him?

I can only answer questions 2 and 4:

2.- Toronto does not give interviews. ALL interviews are done either in Vancouver or Montreal. Since you are a K visa, Vancouver is a possibility, but if he lives in T'ranna, he will be interviewed in MTL - 4 to 6 months wait for an interview after case is ready.

4. you can always go to the interview, but it's not needed neither does it have much of an impact.

Hope this helps, L.

Here's our situation:

sent 1-129f 6/18/07

rcvd NOA1 7/13/07

Question 1:

Take a look at the Immigration timelines link, that might give you some idea of what to expect

Here's our situation:

sent 1-129f 6/18/07

rcvd NOA1 7/13/07

Question 3:

The approval NOA is sent to the petitioner, the USC

Question 4:

The USC can go to the embassy with the beneficiary but it is up to the policy of the embassy whether the USC can participate in the interview

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

we were never touched, but got approved - on the last day of the 6-month wait.

yeah, i was too, freaking out and i was wondering if our case got misplaced, but all worked out.

just be patient, and monitor your own timeline. if it gets exceeded, then it's time to worry and make calls.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the answers. I feel a bit better especially to hear that someone else has experienced the same thing. I'll be patient and if nothing happens by mid January then I'll start worrying. ugh

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was a while back (2003) but we filed June 19, 2003 and received our approval December 30, 2003 with no RFE's. Hang in there - it will come. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.