Merk

Rules Reguarding Military Members?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am in the military and wanted to know if anyone knew about spouses taking"HOP's" to the U.S. We filed the I130 paperwork in Sept. and like everyone else we are still waiting for the reciept to begin filling the I129. Sooo since technically we were married in the U.S, after we get a reciept fromthe I 130 is it not possiable for him to come to the U.S and finish filling and get his interview here?

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That is what filing the I-129F does, it generates a K-3 visa, allowing the prospective immigrant to enter the country as a NON-Immigrant and then adjust status in the USA. Adjusting status may result in an interview for the green-card.

Cannot enter the USA without a visa.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Military does not make any difference here. My husband is in the military as well and since we missed the opportunity to file for DCF/weren't married at the time he moved back to the US we had to go the visa route like everybody else. Your husband could try to visit as a tourist during the process, but they might deny him entry/the tourist visa due to the K3 process.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

My cousin's husband was in the military and they had a similar situation. They went to a person on the Post who handled everything for them. However, when she returned to our country, she had to flew commerical and he took a hop back. My sister's husband wasn't able to take hops until he had his green card. All that being said, things may have changed since 9/11 :wacko: I would suggest going to your CO.

Chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

I am in the military and wanted to know if anyone knew about spouses taking"HOP's" to the U.S. We filed the I130 paperwork in Sept. and like everyone else we are still waiting for the reciept to begin filling the I129. Sooo since technically we were married in the U.S, after we get a reciept fromthe I 130 is it not possiable for him to come to the U.S and finish filling and get his interview here?

Dependants cannot travel from OCONUS-CONUS without their sponsor. He would not be able to fly Space-A alone unless he had a Command Sponsorship letter signed by your commander. Since he doesn't have a US passport, nor a visa, you won't be able to get that letter.

21FUNNY.gif

Timeline
:innocent: ... I was just throwing that out there to see what options I had. :thumbs:

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

5JUN 08 Got visa

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Dont give up though. Im a military member too. I had to wait 6 months to get my husbands I-130 approved. I filed the I-129F in the end of May and got that approved on the 31st of October. With HOPs, your spouse will need a visa anyhow to fly in one. But you can claim her as your dependent if you have not done so yet. My husband got his dependent ID in germany. Is Turkey under the visa waiver program? Im not sure if she can visit while her petition is being processed.

Timeline

NO. No plans on ever giving up!! :blush: When I went for one of my visits I got him his dependant ID. So we are just waiting and looking up all our options. :star:

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

5JUN 08 Got visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
NO. No plans on ever giving up!! :blush: When I went for one of my visits I got him his dependant ID. So we are just waiting and looking up all our options. :star:

Good luck to you! And that's right: don't ever give up!

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.