marryme

Second Request for Evidence

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
It seems to me they are asking how you met online. what website, was it free, did it cost. was it a marriage broker website etc. just stating you met online is too vague. did you tell them the name of the website etc? IMBRA is very important with internet meetings.

Chris

I am drafting another Circumstance of meeting letter.

The first time I just stated online didn't mention it was free online service from Yahoo.

This time I will be sure I say that it was from Yahoo chat via Yahoo Messenger.

I didnt go through any broker and Yahoo Chat was free.

I will make sure I state that in my next letter.

Does anyone think if I call USCIS to have them clarify what they want, will that help??

By reading your first RFE, I think they want the circumstance of how you met .. paint them a picture from how you ever first met and then how you met in real person ... When I wrote my letter, I started with, I met my fiance (NAME) in yahoo chat, on blah blah blah... eventually we became a couple and decided to meet in person blah blah blah and fell in love blah blah blah.. you get the picture? Hope that helps and good luck.

I got it thank you very much.. I am drafting a new letter now.. I hope this time it will be ok.. I will gather some more evidence and send it again.. here is what i have so far:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxxxx xxxxxx met my fiancé xxxxx xxxxx online in July 2004 in YAHOO Messenger chat rooms (free online messaging service). We communicated privately online via YAHOO Messenger, fell in love and got to know each other very well.

During my 3 weeks vacation on April 2005, I booked a flight to Thailand and met my fiancé in person. I stayed with her for the entire 3 weeks in Thailand. Upon my return home to the United States, we continued our relationship online via YAHOO Messenger and frequently communicated by phone and email.

We decided to take our relationship to another level. I returned to Thailand in October 2005 to April 2007. I stayed with her during that period. I met her family and we got engaged to be married. We are very confident that our relationship will continue to grow strong. We love each other very much and we want to start a family as soon as possible. I have enclosed documentary proof of us having met in person within the past 2 years and an on going relationship.

So I respectfully request you to grant K-1 Visa to Miss xxxxxx xxxxxx.

Thank you, "

I think your response is not specific enough. Many people meet at online dating sites and then progress to using Yahoo chat. When you just say "Yahoo Chat Room" it is not specific enough. If it is true that you met in a Yahoo Chat Room, you should point out in your letter how you got to it and which exact room in was. In other words, tell them you went to http://messenger.yahoo.com/feat_chatrooms.php and then choose Asian Chat or you got to it by Clicking "Messenger" in Yahoo Messenger and then "Yahoo! Chat" and then "Join a Room" and then chose "Asian Chat."

I hope your beneficiary has the same story when interviewed...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It seems to me they are asking how you met online. what website, was it free, did it cost. was it a marriage broker website etc. just stating you met online is too vague. did you tell them the name of the website etc? IMBRA is very important with internet meetings.

Chris

I am drafting another Circumstance of meeting letter.

The first time I just stated online didn't mention it was free online service from Yahoo.

This time I will be sure I say that it was from Yahoo chat via Yahoo Messenger.

I didnt go through any broker and Yahoo Chat was free.

I will make sure I state that in my next letter.

Does anyone think if I call USCIS to have them clarify what they want, will that help??

By reading your first RFE, I think they want the circumstance of how you met .. paint them a picture from how you ever first met and then how you met in real person ... When I wrote my letter, I started with, I met my fiance (NAME) in yahoo chat, on blah blah blah... eventually we became a couple and decided to meet in person blah blah blah and fell in love blah blah blah.. you get the picture? Hope that helps and good luck.

I got it thank you very much.. I am drafting a new letter now.. I hope this time it will be ok.. I will gather some more evidence and send it again.. here is what i have so far:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxxxx xxxxxx met my fiancé xxxxx xxxxx online in July 2004 in YAHOO Messenger chat rooms (free online messaging service). We communicated privately online via YAHOO Messenger, fell in love and got to know each other very well.

During my 3 weeks vacation on April 2005, I booked a flight to Thailand and met my fiancé in person. I stayed with her for the entire 3 weeks in Thailand. Upon my return home to the United States, we continued our relationship online via YAHOO Messenger and frequently communicated by phone and email.

We decided to take our relationship to another level. I returned to Thailand in October 2005 to April 2007. I stayed with her during that period. I met her family and we got engaged to be married. We are very confident that our relationship will continue to grow strong. We love each other very much and we want to start a family as soon as possible. I have enclosed documentary proof of us having met in person within the past 2 years and an on going relationship.

So I respectfully request you to grant K-1 Visa to Miss xxxxxx xxxxxx.

Thank you, "

guy, you are still paraphrasing. you are going to get denied if you dont get some details here.

what was the name of the yahoo chat room? Had you been to one before? was this your first time? Her first time? why did you go there, who contacted who first? you or her? what was the conversation that got you two talking? how did you meet up again the second time? did you arrange it? was it by chance? the government wants details and you dont seem to want to give it. especially after they have now asked for the details. in your other post you have alot of other serious problems of proof to overcome.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

thanks for the tip.. I will try again and be more specific.. I guess I wont leave out the details this time.. will try agian..

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Here is my new revision:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxx xxx met my fiancé xxx xxx online in July 2004 in a YAHOO Chat Room, a free chat service with YAHOO Messenger chat program: http://messenger.yahoo.con/feat_chatrooms.com. To get to the chat room we met in: launch Yahoo Messenger, click on Messenger >> then click on Yahoo! Chat >> Join Chat rooms, when the Join Room window pop up click on Regional >> select Thailand and in the Yahoo! Rooms side expand the Thailand options and pick Thailand 2.

I introduced myself to Miss xxx xxxx as I would to anyone who first entered the chat room by saying hi. we started to chat and as we got to know each other, we started to communicate privately via YAHOO Instant Messenger. After about a month, we exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. We communicate via email or by phone when we were not able to get online with Yahoo Messenger. After communicating and talking for so long we decided it was time to meet each other in person.

During my 3 weeks vacation on April 2005, I booked a flight to Thailand and met my fiancé in person. I stayed with her for the entire 3 weeks in Thailand. We got to know each other very well and fell in love. Upon my return home to the United States, we continued our relationship online via YAHOO Messenger and frequently communicated by phone and email.

We decided to take our relationship to another level. I returned to Thailand in October 2005 to April 2007, I stayed with her during that period. I met her family and we got engaged to be married. We are very confident that our relationship will continue to grow strong. We love each other very much and we want to start a family as soon as possible. I have enclosed documentary proof of us having met in person within the past 2 years and an on going relationship.

So I respectfully request you to grant K-1 Visa to Miss xxx xxxx.

Thank you, "

Edited by marryme

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

Timeline

I give up. you didnt even answer any of the obvious hypothetical questions i asked.

they dont want instructions on how to get to the yahoo room. you gave more details on how to get there from a computer than you gave your first meetings.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

I think what Chris is trying to say is that they want to know what you were talking about - how did you meet? Let me use an example of myself and my other half.

We met online in 2001 in a MUD (text-based roleplaying game). At first we had little contact - we communicated in public channels with a variety of other people. I went away to uni and found things hard there - we started talking more online and I found that he was both sympathetic and understanding and gave me sound advice with no ulterior motive. He was a good sounding board for when I felt down and we became close.

We talked about everything from his situation (he comes from a poor background) to my struggles in uni and we fell in love - we found that we enjoyed the same things and had the same ideologies about life. We shared an interest in video games and literature - myself in reading and him in writing.

We lost contact a bit over the next few years but still had sporadic e-mail contact. We had decided that due to the distance things weren't going to work out: he had no job and I was a bit messed up after finishing uni. This was in 2002. Eventually we started making more frequent contact again. I was at a point in my life where I felt confident and secure and he had got a good job for himself. We started speaking online and on the phone again and old feelings started to blossom.

Jeremy eventually decided that if we were going to make a go of things this time he was going to meet me in person. So he booked his flights and three months later we were together. Since then we haven't looked back.

Etc etc... That is a very brief outline of the sort of thing I expect they want to hear from you :) I'm no expert and I might be wrong. But if I had received the same RFE as you then this is what I would give them :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

thanks for the explanation.. I will try it again.. I want to get this right and everyone is being so helpful.. thanks everyone so much..

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

I think what Chris is trying to say is that they want to know what you were talking about - how did you meet? Let me use an example of myself and my other half.

We met online in 2001 in a MUD (text-based roleplaying game). At first we had little contact - we communicated in public channels with a variety of other people. I went away to uni and found things hard there - we started talking more online and I found that he was both sympathetic and understanding and gave me sound advice with no ulterior motive. He was a good sounding board for when I felt down and we became close.

We talked about everything from his situation (he comes from a poor background) to my struggles in uni and we fell in love - we found that we enjoyed the same things and had the same ideologies about life. We shared an interest in video games and literature - myself in reading and him in writing.

We lost contact a bit over the next few years but still had sporadic e-mail contact. We had decided that due to the distance things weren't going to work out: he had no job and I was a bit messed up after finishing uni. This was in 2002. Eventually we started making more frequent contact again. I was at a point in my life where I felt confident and secure and he had got a good job for himself. We started speaking online and on the phone again and old feelings started to blossom.

Jeremy eventually decided that if we were going to make a go of things this time he was going to meet me in person. So he booked his flights and three months later we were together. Since then we haven't looked back.

Etc etc... That is a very brief outline of the sort of thing I expect they want to hear from you :) I'm no expert and I might be wrong. But if I had received the same RFE as you then this is what I would give them :)

here is latest revision:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxx xxx met my fiancé xxx xxx online in July 2004 in a YAHOO Chat Room, a free chat service with YAHOO Messenger chat program: http://messenger.yahoo.con/feat_chatrooms.com.

We would always see each other online, but never really chatted much. Eventually we both became regulars in the chat room and I introduced myself to Miss xxx xxx by saying hi. From that day when ever we saw each other online we would greet each other and chat for a bit. One day I saw that she had her web camera on and I asked her if I can see her. She allowed me to see her from her web camera. I also turned my web camera on so that we can have a video chat. We would chat for hours and just talked about things we were interested in. It seemed we had so much in common and got very close to each other. As we got to know each other more, we started to communicate privately via YAHOO Instant Messenger. After about a month, we exchanged email addresses and phone numbers so we can always keep in touch, when we didn‘t see each other online. We got along very well and talked to each other everyday either by phone, email or online. After talking for so long we got to know each other very well and decided it was time to meet each other in person.

During my 3 weeks vacation on April 2005, I booked a flight to Thailand and met her in person. I was really nervous the first time we met, but I knew then she was the woman I would like to spend the rest of my life with. She came to pick me up at Don Muang International Airport in Bangkok with her friend. We took the taxi on our first trip together to the Island Kho Samet in the gulf of Thailand. We spent the weekend there and had a wonderful time together. We went back to her home for Thai New Years celebration with her friends the following week. After that she accompanied me when I went to visit my Aunt in Ubon Ratchitani Province in North Eastern Thailand. I introduced her to my Aunt and we spent 3 days at my Aunt’s house. We stayed together the entire 3 weeks in Thailand. From those 3 weeks with her I knew, I was in love. Upon my return home to the United States, we continued our relationship online via YAHOO Messenger and frequently communicated by phone and email as a couple.

Even though we talked to each other every day. We wanted more out of our relationship. I had some money saved and decided to returned to Thailand in October 2005 to April 2007. I stayed with her during that entire period. I met her family and we got engaged to be married. We lived together and are very happy to be together. We never left each other side for the entire 18 months. We did everything together. We are very confident that our relationship will continue to grow strong. We love each other very much and we want to start a family as soon as possible. I have enclosed documentary proof of us having met in person within the past 2 years and an on going relationship.

So I respectfully request you to grant K-1 Visa to Miss xxx xxxx.

Thank you, "

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

Timeline

Hi, much better. but i would give the exact dates you went to visit each time. not just the month.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

I called USCIS and spoke with a live person. I asked what they wanted from. The gentleman advised that I needed to state if Iwent though a marriage broker or not. He was pretty helpful and said I can just send in the Circumstace of Meeting letter and state that I had already sent in all my originals for evidence. Will send it all in again. Wish me luck everyone. I am crossing my fingers and hope this will be it.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

Hi, much better. but i would give the exact dates you went to visit each time. not just the month.

Chris

Thanks for your help chris. Really appreciate it. I will make some more changes. This is harder then writing an essay in high school.. :P

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I called USCIS and spoke with a live person. I asked what they wanted from. The gentleman advised that I needed to state if Iwent though a marriage broker or not. He was pretty helpful and said I can just send in the Circumstace of Meeting letter and state that I had already sent in all my originals for evidence. Will send it all in again. Wish me luck everyone. I am crossing my fingers and hope this will be it.

If there is indeed a specific question regarding whether or not you met through an international marriage broker, then I would specifically state in your reply to them "We did not meet through an international marriage broker. In fact, we met...." and go into the stuff you posted above.

Its odd that your second RFE may be IMBRA related since those questions are specifically asked on the I-129f form. Furthermore, I have never heard of a USCIS customer service rep being able to access what the RFE contains, so I would take that info with a grain of salt. They could be asking for something completely different.

If there is indeed a specific question regarding whether or not you met through an international marriage broker, then I would specifically state in your reply to them "We did not meet through an international marriage broker. In fact, we met...." and go into the stuff you posted above.

Its odd that your second RFE may be IMBRA related since those questions are specifically asked on the I-129f form. Furthermore, I have never heard of a USCIS customer service rep being able to access what the RFE contains, so I would take that info with a grain of salt. They could be asking for something completely different.

I am editing up a new version of my letter now... thanks for that tip.. this past week was a bit frustrating.. I think everything is going the right directions now. thanks to everyone in this forum being so helpful.. I am glad I joined this forum.. and hope many others wil llearn from my mistakes and get an NOA2 faster then I did.. I will keep everyone up to date of the outcome..

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

• 4 weeks later...

Great News!!! Just got CRIS update:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 3, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this

I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

I want to thank everyone in this forum for all the help and support!!

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

Gratzies!!! Glad you got it sorted at last :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.