Kyrgyzfriend

Difference between CR1 and K1 visas

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

hi, I live in the U.S. in Pennsylvania and my fiancee lives in Kyrgyzstan, we are planning on getting married as soon as possible. I've been looking over and filling out the K1 petition (have yet to send it in) and was wondering, would it be possible for me to go to Kyrgyzstan and get married and then apply for a CR1 visa and would that be any faster than the K1 visa process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it would depend on how long the wait for an interview at the embassy would be for either the K1 or the CR1 visa. There are definite pros and cons to going either route. The K1 is supposed to be faster, the CR1 is more 'complete'. But if the wait times for the visas are equivalent, then I'd highly recommend going for the CR1 visa. That way you'd avoid needing to do adjustment of status once your husband is here, which I've heard is costly and may take awhile for him to get work authorization.

It is possible for you to go over to Kyrgyzstan and get married. If you are doing that, I'd recommend that you look at the requirements for a CR1 visa (i.e. original copies of birth certificates, marriage license, police records, translations of everything that isn't already in English, and any forms your husband would need to sign like the G-325 and the DS-230 part I), and start collecting the documents necessary to take back home with you.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hi, I live in the U.S. in Pennsylvania and my fiancee lives in Kyrgyzstan, we are planning on getting married as soon as possible. I've been looking over and filling out the K1 petition (have yet to send it in) and was wondering, would it be possible for me to go to Kyrgyzstan and get married and then apply for a CR1 visa and would that be any faster than the K1 visa process?

You can, but it will not get her here faster. Please start by reading the guides and comparing timelines.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-Visas are NON-Immigrant and need to adjust status in the USA from NON-Immigrant to immigrant adjustment costs $1010.

CR-1 visa is an Immigrant visa, and gets green-card upon entry, no status adjustment.

Immigrant visas take a bit longer to approve and process to a visa interview.

K-1 marries in the USA after getting the visa, CR-1 marries in foreign country before filing for visa. K-3 is a hybrid of the CR-1 it has the quicker processing time of the K-1, as well as the added cost of Adjustment of status, K-3 like CR-1 requires marriage in foreign country before filing for the visa.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
K-Visas are NON-Immigrant and need to adjust status in the USA from NON-Immigrant to immigrant adjustment costs $1010.

CR-1 visa is an Immigrant visa, and gets green-card upon entry, no status adjustment.

Immigrant visas take a bit longer to approve and process to a visa interview.

K-1 marries in the USA after getting the visa, CR-1 marries in foreign country before filing for visa. K-3 is a hybrid of the CR-1 it has the quicker processing time of the K-1, as well as the added cost of Adjustment of status, K-3 like CR-1 requires marriage in foreign country before filing for the visa.

In the OP's case, marriage would be abroad, (not necessarily in his fiancee's country of origin) but neither CR, IR or K3 visas require that the marriage occur in a foreign country. Circumstances quite often dictate the location of the marriage but not the spouse visa category.

Fiance visas are for marriage in the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.