b_assif

lots of confusion and questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone, i'm pretty new here. i havent posted anything yet, but now i feel i need to. i finally went and had a consultation with an immigration lawyer ( and surprise i cant afford him,lol) he did tell me that i would need a co-sponsor cuz i didnt make enough last year(but i will this year) my problem is that i thought my parents would co-sponsor with me but just found out my dad doesnt want to, hes afraid he will lose everything if things dont work out.my question is what can i do about this situation? my next question is has anyone on here done the dcf? if so is it a better way to go? im seriously thinking about doing this cuz i miss everyone in morocco. oh and by the way iam already married so im needing the spousal visa. any help advice would be most appreciated. thnx. bonnie.

4377610_bodyshot_300x400.gif5130242_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Date of Wedding :2007-09-04

Date I-130 Sent :2008//02/12

Date I-130 NOA1 2008/02/13

Date I-130 NOA2 :2008-06-04

Date I-129F Sent :2008-03-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2008/05/20

I-129F RFE Reply(s) :2008/05/27,20

Date I-129F NOA2:2008-06-04

Date Package Received By NVC :2008-06-06?

Date Package Left From NVC :2008-06-11

Timeline

My husband and I did DCF in Morocco, it isn't difficult, but you will still need a co-sponsor. You need to be a resident there for six months, they say that after you are able to apply it takes 1-3 months to get the visa, but ours took much longer. However I believe the approval rate tends to be higher because their is less of a question on the validity of the marriage. I can give you more information if you need it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe that no matter which visa you file for, if you need a co-sponsor for one, you'll need it for them all. My husband and I went through the K-1, Fiance visa, so I'm not sure about what you will need for the DCF. We didn't use an attorney. Good Luck on your journey.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Just wanted to offer some advice about the cosponsor. Make sure to read very carefully and explain to your dad what the cosponsor is and is not responsible for. I believe that a cosponsor is only responsible for paying back benefits paid by the government, not for all of the immigrant's expenses. Also if you are doing a K-1 fiancee visa, most countries (not sure about Morocco) only require the I-134 which is not legally binding, so maybe your father will be more comfortable signing that (however you will need to meet the income requirements to adjust status, but by then maybe you can find a higher paying job.) Also remeber that you can make up your lack of income on the I-864 in assets.

Good Luck to you, I know how difficult it is to deal with cosponsors

Christina

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
hi everyone, i'm pretty new here. i havent posted anything yet, but now i feel i need to. i finally went and had a consultation with an immigration lawyer ( and surprise i cant afford him,lol) he did tell me that i would need a co-sponsor cuz i didnt make enough last year(but i will this year) my problem is that i thought my parents would co-sponsor with me but just found out my dad doesnt want to, hes afraid he will lose everything if things dont work out.my question is what can i do about this situation? my next question is has anyone on here done the dcf? if so is it a better way to go? im seriously thinking about doing this cuz i miss everyone in morocco. oh and by the way iam already married so im needing the spousal visa. any help advice would be most appreciated. thnx. bonnie.

Dear Bonnie:

Your lawyer did not give you good advice.

I did not work last year, or the year before and only part of 2004. And yet my Affidavit of Support was accepted by the National Visa Center.

The most important thing is to have a CURRENT work situation. Which means if you are currently employed in a permanent position which makes the poverty level requirements, you can file an affidavit of support.

Here are the steps you need to take:

1) Get a letter from your employer that states:

A) Terms of employment (permanent, full time, part time, contracted, temporary)

B) Estimated annual salary (Gross - before taxes taken out)

2) Copies of previous year taxes or transcripts (which are available from the IRS)

A) Attach letter to taxes stating why income was lower than usual. (Started job later in the year....etc).

The NVC cares less about a previous tax year if you can show that you are in stable situation now.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
he did tell me that i would need a co-sponsor cuz i didnt make enough last year(but i will this year) my problem is that i thought my parents would co-sponsor with me but just found out my dad doesnt want to, hes afraid he will lose everything if things dont work out.my question is what can i do about this situation? my next question is has anyone on here done the dcf? if so is it a better way to go? im seriously thinking about doing this cuz i miss everyone in morocco. oh and by the way iam already married so im needing the spousal visa. any help advice would be most appreciated. thnx. bonnie.

Your father is a very wise man. I sure wouldn't do it for my own kids. If they want to bring a foreign spouse here, I would expect them to do the adult thing and be able to afford it, and not run to daddy.

You would only be complicating a problem that you may have with the Consulate (not an easy consulate), by indicating that you can't afford to support your spuse.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
he did tell me that i would need a co-sponsor cuz i didnt make enough last year(but i will this year) my problem is that i thought my parents would co-sponsor with me but just found out my dad doesnt want to, hes afraid he will lose everything if things dont work out.my question is what can i do about this situation? my next question is has anyone on here done the dcf? if so is it a better way to go? im seriously thinking about doing this cuz i miss everyone in morocco. oh and by the way iam already married so im needing the spousal visa. any help advice would be most appreciated. thnx. bonnie.

Your father is a very wise man. I sure wouldn't do it for my own kids. If they want to bring a foreign spouse here, I would expect them to do the adult thing and be able to afford it, and not run to daddy.

You would only be complicating a problem that you may have with the Consulate (not an easy consulate), by indicating that you can't afford to support your spuse.

AFAIK there is no evidence to indicate that having a cosponsor increases the chances of a returned petition in Casa.

a sponsor is not needed for Casa for a K3 or K1 visa. support must be shown when filing for aos.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
a sponsor is not needed for Casa for a K3 or K1 visa. support must be shown when filing for aos.

Oh yeah, duh. Even more reason that a cosponsor wouldn't negatively affect your chances!

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your responses, I feel much better now, ( didnt sleep well last night worrying) I know I make more then enough now to sponsor him, was just under the impression i couldnt do it alone due to not much employment last year. Thank you all again for your help.

4377610_bodyshot_300x400.gif5130242_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Date of Wedding :2007-09-04

Date I-130 Sent :2008//02/12

Date I-130 NOA1 2008/02/13

Date I-130 NOA2 :2008-06-04

Date I-129F Sent :2008-03-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2008/05/20

I-129F RFE Reply(s) :2008/05/27,20

Date I-129F NOA2:2008-06-04

Date Package Received By NVC :2008-06-06?

Date Package Left From NVC :2008-06-11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.