mr_smiley

Case transferred to CSC - Help please

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all, I am new to this forum, and I am really hoping someone here can answer my questions.

I filed for my mom in June 07 - (I130/I485).

In early July, there was an RFE (concerning I-864), which I sent immediately. By mid-July, the case resumed.

In August, I got a letter informing me that my case had been transferred to CSC (for faster processing).

Since then, the status of my application has not changed. It still says "case is pending to where it was

transferred". It has not even been touched :( since then.

I would like to know, when a case is transferred, does the priority date of the case get changed to where it

was transferred, or does it remain the same as when they received the RFE?

Please help if you are aware of this. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hello all, I am new to this forum, and I am really hoping someone here can answer my questions.

In early July, there was an RFE (concerning I-864), which I sent immediately. By mid-July, the case resumed.

In August, I got a letter informing me that my case had been transferred to CSC (for faster processing).

Since then, the status of my application has not changed. It still says "case is pending to where it was

I would like to know, when a case is transferred, does the priority date of the case get changed to where it

Note this is a common thing with AOS cases lately, cases transfered from NBC to CSC are deemed to be simple ones not needing an interview, this usualy gets approved without interview. However if the adjudicating officer at CSC decides an interview, the case will be sent to local field office for an interview.

They may also be waiting for I-130 to be approved.

Only pain about CSC processing is no knowing if case is stuck in a name check. Give it a bit more time and then you may want to schedule an Info-pass appointment at your field office and ask what is up with the case.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Note this is a common thing with AOS cases lately, cases transfered from NBC to CSC are deemed to be simple ones not needing an interview, this usualy gets approved without interview. However if the adjudicating officer at CSC decides an interview, the case will be sent to local field office for an interview.

They may also be waiting for I-130 to be approved.

Only pain about CSC processing is no knowing if case is stuck in a name check. Give it a bit more time and then you may want to schedule an Info-pass appointment at your field office and ask what is up with the case.

Thanks YuAndDan for the quick response. This is truly a frustrating process, specially with the flood of applications the CSC received. What's more frustrating is I saw some posts on other forums and their parents applications have been approved already with similar dates as mine. Gotta wait...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

where did you see the thread for parents? I looked everywhere and couldnt find 1. I have filed AOS for parents last month and biometrics were taken on MOnday (12/03).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.