Trazom

Help filling out I-485, I-864

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So im filling out the forms and Im having some trouble. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate. Thank you guys.

Before you continue to read this is being filled out for a Tourist Visa Overstay that married a USC. The tourist visa with the I-94 expired many years ago.

Form I-485

1a) Social Security= If you dont have a number do you leave blank or write none? the PDF doenst allow letters in this field.

1b)Current USCIS Status? =I dont know what to write here.

2)Application type? = I would imagine H. - Marriage to USC

Form I-864

Sponsors household

5c)If you are married enter 1 for your spouse. = We are married and we fill 1 for (a). I dont have to count (a) and © as two, only as 1 right?

5f) She was married couple of years ago and sponsored someone else. Now they are divorced and he lives in another state and works for himself. Does he count here as well even though they got divorced legally?

25) Do you recommend to send photocopies of the federal tax returns for the 3 last years or just the last year?

26) Do you recommend to fill out the assets form even though we exceed the poverty guidelines?

Employment I-765

15) Current Immigration Status = Visa overstayer, what is the status?

16) AOS ©(9) Does that mean I have to include the fee of $340 as well if applying for the first time.

- So its $1010 + $340 for the total packet?

That is it for now. Thank you so much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
So im filling out the forms and Im having some trouble. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate. Thank you guys.

Before you continue to read this is being filled out for a Tourist Visa Overstay that married a USC. The tourist visa with the I-94 expired many years ago.

Form I-485

1a) Social Security= If you dont have a number do you leave blank or write none? the PDF doenst allow letters in this field.

1b)Current USCIS Status? =I dont know what to write here.

2)Application type? = I would imagine H. - Marriage to USC

Form I-864

Sponsors household

5c)If you are married enter 1 for your spouse. = We are married and we fill 1 for (a). I dont have to count (a) and © as two, only as 1 right?

5f) She was married couple of years ago and sponsored someone else. Now they are divorced and he lives in another state and works for himself. Does he count here as well even though they got divorced legally?

25) Do you recommend to send photocopies of the federal tax returns for the 3 last years or just the last year?

26) Do you recommend to fill out the assets form even though we exceed the poverty guidelines?

Employment I-765

15) Current Immigration Status = Visa overstayer, what is the status?

16) AOS ©(9) Does that mean I have to include the fee of $340 as well if applying for the first time.

- So its $1010 + $340 for the total packet?

That is it for now. Thank you so much.

1a - Don't just leave it blank, you'll have to write NONE. If the PDF doeesn't allow letters, print it out and write in the words with black pen.

1b - We wrote OVERSTAY on our's.

2 - Someone else will come with the letter of the option it is, but it's the one that said it's based upon an immigration petition in which a visa number is available or will become available immediately

5c - you only count each person once, so if you put a 1 for the same person twice, you still only count it once

5f - he doesn't count, as they're divorced

25 - I'd only sent last year if poverty guidelines are met

26 - If you exceed poverty guidelines, there's no need to fill out the assets

15 - Again, we wrote OVERSTAY

16 - Not sure what 340 this refers to (the EAD application is included in the AOS fee) but you are missing the I-130, petition for an immediate relative, which is around the same price range but I think more than that - I'm at work and can't look it up :) So it'll wind up somewhere around that price, but the fee isn't for the EAD but this additional form you need to complete.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1a) Leave blank and can hand write "NONE" there.

1b) What visa type used to enter the country?

2) Application type is "A" based on the attached I-130 petition.

I-864

Part 5 (21 a) this is a no brainer, your spouce is FIRST an immigrant and you are sponsoring an immigrant, later if you sponsor another immigrant like a parent youcount your spouce in part 21 c

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

(21 f) YES

(25) Complete returns (1040/1099/W2) or better yet get simple IRS transcripts they are free from the IRS

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

26) Assets not needed and can be left blank if exceed poverty line, it was same for us so we used I-864EZ

I-765

15) Visa type used to enter the country

16) (c )(9 ) based on "pending I-485"

Fees $1010 for I-485+I-765, and $355 for I-130

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Not true, She sponsored another immigrant, divorce does not drop a person's sponsorship of the immigrant, can only put 0 there if: (The first immigrant dies, the first immigrant leaves the country permanently, The first immigrant is credited with 40 quarters of work, the first immigrant naturalizes and becomes a US Citizen)

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Not true, She sponsored another immigrant, divorce does not drop a person's sponsorship of the immigrant, can only put 0 there if: (The first immigrant dies, the first immigrant leaves the country permanently, The first immigrant is credited with 40 quarters of work, the first immigrant naturalizes and becomes a US Citizen)

Okay, I thought HE sponsored her.

I got it.

Then yeah, he does count. I was thinking that the "she" was the immigrant and our OP was the USC spouse. Sorry, all backward!

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thats what I was curious about. I read and come to the same thoughts.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Timeline

Thats what I was curious about. I read and come to the same thoughts.

Does anyone know what I should do?

It is clear cut. The form says:

f. If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

Any former immigrants sponsored MUST be counted if they are still green-card holders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.