micharni

Filing EAD while GC is pending, need advice pls

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello to all! I posted here before that my interview was cancelled and till now, I don't have any updates :( This is really upsetting!

The last letter i received from the USCIS is the cancellation letter so i don't really know what's going with my application. If i am on name check or what! We are hoping that we could be able to talked with the IO this week since its our 7th month since the application.

We are praying that we could received a positive feedback soon but at same time, we are considering on applying for my EAD. My question is, if i applied for EAD would this be affected with my application for AOS? I don't want to waste money and applied for EAD if this will be also pending since my GC is still pending. Please give me an advice on this matter.

Thanks so much! God bless!

July 7,2006 = received i-129f at NSC

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

Sept 18, 2006 = Finally! we got email notification of NOA2!!! :)

Sept 23, 2006 = NOA2 in mail

Oct 11, 2006= electonic mail of my case number! thanks God!

Feb 15, 2007 = interview (approved! thanks God)

March 8, 2007 = Arrived in Portland, Oregon

May 2007 AOS application

Aug 2007 Interview date but cancelled :(

praying for approval soon

Filed: Timeline
hello to all! I posted here before that my interview was cancelled and till now, I don't have any updates :( This is really upsetting!

The last letter i received from the USCIS is the cancellation letter so i don't really know what's going with my application. If i am on name check or what! We are hoping that we could be able to talked with the IO this week since its our 7th month since the application.

We are praying that we could received a positive feedback soon but at same time, we are considering on applying for my EAD. My question is, if i applied for EAD would this be affected with my application for AOS? I don't want to waste money and applied for EAD if this will be also pending since my GC is still pending. Please give me an advice on this matter.

Thanks so much! God bless!

Did you scheduled an infopass yet? They should send you interview letter. Our 2nd interview was canceled but we got a letter with the date for out new interview the same week. If you are unsure of what is going on with you case, before doing anything else, schedule an infopass because the costumer service and online system are not very reliable. Good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks for the reply :) We did not scheduled for infopass cause when we went to Local office, we did talked to the one of the interviewer there and she told us that it's not a wise for us to set an infopass since we are far from the office.

We are really hoping to get feedback soon so that we dont need to spend for the EAD :(

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Do you know what the hold-up is? I suggest calling the 800 number and asking to speak with an immigration officer to see if you're stuck in FBI name check. Most name-check victims who filed over a year ago, before conditional green cards started to be issued without interviews in some cases, found out at the interview that they were stuck in name check (that was what happened in our case). If we hadn't had an interview, I'm not sure how we would have found out!

If you decide to call, insist on speaking with an immigration officer, not just the first person you talk to. Explain that you think that your case is outside the normal processing time and you need to know the reason so that you can plan accordingly. Someone should be able to look up your case and let you know, so that you don't have to make the trip to the office.

There shouldn't be a problem applying for EAD. That's what it's for, to allow you to work while you're awaiting adjudication. The new fee is steep ($340), though! My husband is applying for his second renewal (third EAD), and boy have I been b!tching about it nonstop! :wacko:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Thanks AOS Despair for your reply. I really appreciate it :) It is really frustrating where you don't know where you stand and knowing that, its very expensive to file EAD or even renew it!

I called the USCIS today, and the person who answered my calls give me a good answer aside from just reading what's the update in their website :P She can't tell if my application is pending cause of FBI namecheck reason. She checked my case in the local office and she told me that they are processing the the month of May now. I cant just understand how offices does the papers where their are lots got approved right away grrrr.. Anyways, she told me that i should call back once my papers don't have any update within the 7th month (im praying good news) which is this week of Dec. She told me that, once they start processing the June applicants, she could be able to inquire on what's the status of my case or what's really going on.

I pray for positive feedback so that i don't need to apply for a very expensive EAD!!! :(( May the good Lord help us and be approve.

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

From the 7 months comment, seems that you applied before the fee increment. If not, the fee for EAD was included and one has to ad the NOA for that form. If it were me, I will do the EAD, another income is welcomed anywhere, isnt it?

By the way, can you make your timeline and update your signature? Your signature has 2006 and 2003? But nothing about AOS.

K1 process

20-11-06 We sent our petition I129F

28-12-06 NOA1

14-02-07 NOA2

17-03-07 Packet 4 arrived

29-05-07 Successful interview. (We waited that long because my fiance travels a lot)

AOS

15-07-07 Wedding

14-08-07 Interview in OK City, AOS, EAD and AP

15-09-07 NOA for EAD and AP.(sep 13)and on 20-09-07 NOA for AOS. (sep 13)

13-10-07 AP received

17-10-07 Biometrics.

29-10-07 EAD received

28-11-07 Card production ordered

11-12-07 Green Card on hand.

Removing conditions

4-09-09 Send papers to VSC

8-09-09 Confirmation via FedEx (Same as NOA)

07-10-09 Biometrics appointment

20-10-09 Second biometric (29 was the date)

24-12-09 Approved green card

19-01-10 Green card on hand

Citizenship

09-29-10 Send papers to Dallas lockbox

01-18-2011 Interview

04-13-2011 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.