Fandango

It's Finally My Turn!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok so we got our NOA2 last week...yay for us! And now I told D he needed to get his thumb out and get a police report. He spoke to one of our acquaintances who is a copper nearby, and he said that D has to contact the Met for it, since that's where all the info is centralized.

Is this true? Or is the guy a gobshite? D lives in the NE....to me, it doesn't make sense contacting the Met...but he lives in a little village in Co Durham. Does he go to the police in the next town? or Durham?

I'm stumped. Help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What I did was download the form from this site

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Then took it into my local police station with the £10 fee. They sent it off and i received the certificate back in about 30 days. I think you can also send it to the address provided.

Hope this helps

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

What I did was download the form from this site

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Then took it into my local police station with the £10 fee. They sent it off and i received the certificate back in about 30 days. I think you can also send it to the address provided.

Hope this helps

That's exactly what I did as well. Downloaded the form, filled it, took it to a police station near my office (in London west end) along with £10. It arrived earlier than the suggested 30 days.

TO

Edited by Togun09

Timeline

It's 40 days, not 30. Mine arrived after about 34. I recommend taking it in to a police station because you get the receipt on the spot, whereas if you send it by post it can take weeks just to get that, and the 40 day wait commences from the date on the receipt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you live in London, sure you go to the met, otherwise you go to the local police force. Yes the police computer is centralised, but the forms are all different for the various police services around the country. so tell him to just go the the local police station and ask for a 'subject access' form. They have to get it back to him within 40 days.

xx Congratulations on the Noa2!!!!

The UK Wiki

Poiteen's right -- you go to the Met only if you live or have ever lived in the Metropolitan Police's area. Otherwise it's the local cop shop where D is now. However, I understand that some of the constabularies will not accept requests for the Subject Access info over the counter and will only deal with applicants by post. Unfortunately, I can't remember if that includes Co. Durham! :wacko:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Lisa - G ordered his already by printing the form and mailing it in. He already has it in hand.

Maybe our guys will be at the embassy the same day cos we just got approved yesterday! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

From the Embassy page on here:

Police Certificate.

To obtain a Police Certificate in the UK, go to your local police station and request a form called "Subject Access". Send send this with the £10 fee to the Data Protection Officer of the police force for the area you are resident in. This form is then sent by the police to Scotland Yard and the results are supplied to the individual requesting them within a statutory 40 day time limit. If you're waiting for your certificate try 0207-230-3751 to see where it is.

U.K. police certificates are considered valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.

Hubby's took 35ish days.

Timeline

I live in North East Lincolnshire, my local police station were happy to accept my downloaded and filled in application though they did tell me they had their own version. From handing it in and paying the fee it took about 30 days and I had 4 different addresses on there too !!!!

Maggie

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I downloaded the form too, then mailed it off with the 10 quid fee to Strathclyde Police Headquarters in Glasgow, got my police certificate within 3 weeks and i got the National one (with the blue stripe) about a week later from London, from the UK National Computer.

Edited by Maria~n~Dane

Separated!!

Congrats on the NOA2!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
You all are brill....seriously!!! Thanks so much for all your help..I (L) you guys!

JULEZ!!! YAY FOR APPROVALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you two (L).

I can't believe it's almost done. I've been sat in shock since last week!

I can totally relate! I had to keep re-reading the email periodically thorughout the day! I seriously wasn't expecting to be approved for another few weeks! Finally, light at the end of the tunnel and its not another train!!

Hooray for us! :dancing: :joy:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Poiteen's right -- you go to the Met only if you live or have ever lived in the Metropolitan Police's area. Otherwise it's the local cop shop where D is now.

Absolutely. He will need to go to his LOCAL police constabulary website or station and apply through them. What D's friend MAY be confusing is that after the application is received by the local constabulary ALL police checks are then forwarded onto Scotland Yard to go through their centralised computer system. Then, once done they send out the report.

Lisa - G ordered his already by printing the form and mailing it in. He already has it in hand.

Maybe our guys will be at the embassy the same day cos we just got approved yesterday! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Congratulations! w00t w00t! :dance:

Edited by Mags

Timeline

Congratulations! w00t w00t! :dance:

Thanks Mags!!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.