6 posts in this topic

My wife has just told me she is going to divorce me..i do not have the documents i need to re submit my application to get the conditions lifted on my resident card, as i submitted them when we sent them of in may for the conditions to be lifted.

i made copies before i sent em off, but she wont give me the copies and she will not help me get my 10 yr card. My notice states that i can stay and work in the US up until may of next year, but will i still be able to re submit my application before that time is up?

Now she is divorcing me coz i have bipolar and i am wondering if this will help me get my card if i submit doctors notes explaining this?

Advise would be very grateful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
My wife has just told me she is going to divorce me..i do not have the documents i need to re submit my application to get the conditions lifted on my resident card, as i submitted them when we sent them of in may for the conditions to be lifted.

i made copies before i sent em off, but she wont give me the copies and she will not help me get my 10 yr card. My notice states that i can stay and work in the US up until may of next year, but will i still be able to re submit my application before that time is up?

Now she is divorcing me coz i have bipolar and i am wondering if this will help me get my card if i submit doctors notes explaining this?

Please seek the advice of a license immigration attorney. He would be in a better position to argue your case and know what procedure you can do to get the copies you need.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, your joint I-751 has been pending for a while. If it's approved without an interview before the divorce is final, you're okay. If not... You need to see a lawyer. If I were you, I'd see a lawyer anyway.

How long does divorce take in your state? In some states even an uncontested divorce takes forever and a day.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: Timeline

What type of evidence did you submit? If you are on a joint bank account, you should be able to replace statements by contacting the bank. Same goes for tax returns. Since you have been diagnosed by a health professional, did you use a health insurance card that shows both beneficiaries, or you at the same address as your wife? There are ways to recompile evidence, but before anyone could offer assistance in how to go about doing it, you need to advise us of what it was you submitted.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I am not sure how this will all pan out for you, but I believe on one of the applications they ask if you have a history of mental illness. ( If I am wrong, does somebody out there know what the exact wording is?) Did you let that be known before getting married or did this diagnoses just come up?

Edited by chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.