Tsup2

CFO experience

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i wasnt happy with my CFO experience as well.

The video that was shown before the seminar was not explained "in balance" with the current situations. So instead of serving it as "informative" one to the applicants, it generates fear & nervousness..

I'm planning to send them an email regarding on this but still im checking on other applicants' experience. Good nor bad, I feel that they need to ..somehow "improve" their seminar. I observed that they were asking some documents that i find it very immaterial ..in short "too much".

Their objective should put awareness to these applicants the life in foreign country & the "must-thing-to-do" in case of emergancy in such country of destination. So i dont see any point why staffs' should be rude.

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Thank you all for your experiences. Ann will be attending her CFO in December (I'll be the guy sitting outside patiently waiting, looking totally lost).

Your experiences will help us make sure to have all the items we might be asked for, and to prepare Ann for the possible questions. At least if she's expecting the questions, they won't come as a shock, and will be easy to answer.

If it's going to be, it's up to me!

LoveLine (aka Timeline)

January 2005 - Met Annie online

February 13th 2006 - Met in Real - WOW!! Ikaw maganda!

February 14th 2006 - Proved I was really serious, proposed to Annie - She said "Yes"

February 2006 - January 2007 - Both working, saving, planning. Continuously chasing Annie online, on phone...

January 22, 2007 - February 4th, 2007 - Together again in Philippines, working on paperwork, visiting family.

February 27th 2007 - I-129F Mailed to Nebraska

March 6th - NOA1 Received.

May 23rd - NOA2, Received Approval Email

June 14th - Receive letter from NVC, packet on the way to Manila Embassy

July 30th - Annie receives packet from Embassy, appointment scheduled for September.

August 29th - Annie survives Blood Draw, Injections, and successfully completes Medical at St. Lukes.

September 13th - Annie is a huge success at the Embassy, SHE IS APPROVED!

September 20th - Visa in Hand, tickets purchased..

December 18th - Jumped on Airplane, Philippines for Christmas and New Year's.

December 27th - CFO Seminar Succesfully Completed

January 8th - Jumped on Airplane to USA together, Seattle POE, arrived home to Kansas.

March 14, 2008 - Married

May 19, 2008 - AOS NOA1 Recieved, Biometrics scheduled for June 18.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Nov 27 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i have my interview the woman is nice well i really know all the details in my husband even her parents surname and answer right away maybe its the way u answer the question , anyway i go to the CFO today , the lady is nice just asked me the documents like xerox copy of visa , original passport , CFO certificate, she asked for pictures and try to give me forms but i said i have one fill up online for me and my kids , she said ah ok very well done and prepared , she tell me to pay for the fee 400 each of us , were are 4 persons, it took only 30 mins to finish and thats its im done.

Hello Irene,

So you needed to bring a xerox copy of the inside of your passport showing the visa? What photos did she want from you? Photos of you and your husband together or do you need one or more 2" x 2" photo for the CPO when you go there to get your CFO stamp/sticker?

Thanks.

yap and also the front of ur passport , picture is only one i put in the form is my picture which is passport size. Better to fill up form online they accept it and answer it so when u get there u will just passed ur documents. here is the documents u need to submit :

1. xerox copy of front passport

2. xerox copy of visa

3. fill up form with 1 passport size picture

4. CFO certificate from the seminar

5 400 registration fee

if u dont have form fill up online they will give u there just be sure u know the zip code of the country ur going to and also ur zip code .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ann went for the CFO Seminar today. After the seminar she had to go across town to get the stamp for her visa at another office. At the second location she was interviewed. She was not expecting to be interviewed. She said the interviewer was hostile. She was asked why she was marrying me. The lady asked her about my 2 divorces. Then the woman told her that my middle name was incorrect and she could not issue the visa stamp because of the discrepancy. The woman insisted that my middle name was Flanagan (my mother's maiden name). Ann told her it was Brandon. The woman told her she was wrong. Fortunately, I had advised Ann to take all the documents that she had brought to her interview to the CFO seminar and she did. Ann was able to show her my original birth certifcate. The woman also wante to see the divorce decrees. Ann was the able to get her visa stamp and get out of there. Ann's embassy interview was less than 5 minutes and very friendly. Her CFO interview was ten minutes and unfriendly.

I remember that middle name thing, i put Clark which is my then Fiance's (now my husband)middle name,the counselor asked me what is my Fiance's Mom's maiden name and i answered Ozburn and she returned the form to me and told me to change it, she explained that i should fill out the form in Filipino way. She was very nice and i haven't had any problem, she asked me some questions and i answered it straight forward. My husband is also divorced. I guess it depends on how you answer the questions.

Any experience on both Filipino couples? No divorce or annulment history..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well if you mean Fil-am and Filpino, than I am not. But I was never married and have no kids and so was my fiance. So for her it was pretty easy. Also she is going to to Hawaii which is as close as you get to being PI without going there, no offense to those in Cali. Also the age gap was 8 years so not so bad. But main thing is it seems our SO passed and will be coming to America soon, or here already.

I posted on this topic recently (sort of) hhmnnn, sounds like, appears, there is 'also' alot of 'jealousy' with CFO.

Being a 'mother figure' is one thing, I can understand being protective, however, being manipulative...controlling....jealous...envious....pridefull....arrogant, arent really 'christian values' or 'catholic values' are they? No matter where you live in this world.

This process has been stressful, time consuming, costly, to say the least, and to think that CFO would try to keep someone from the possibility of having a chance to better their life & families life is totally ignorant. I could rant and rave about all of the things I as an american 'disagree with' concerning the philippines....but there is more I Love about it....one and foremost is Jenny.

We will be well armed when it is my fiance's time to go to CFO. We will have a 'folder' and 'documents' for them (CFO) as well, since they missed the real interview, the one that counts. ~david

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was previously married to a filipina.( they told my wife i was a habitual marriage risk because of this) my new wife was 18 and we had to bring her parents to cebu to talk with the interviewers. also my grown children had to send emails to the cfo saying they were happy with my new wife. i also had to submit a letter of intent to them( as i was there with my wife)

this was in addition to the notorized statement from her parents, showing my divorce decree and marriage license, and all of the k3 paperwork. it took 2 full days.

at the sticker office i had to explain what my job was to them.

we have now been married almost 2 years and have a 3 month old baby girl.....chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.