poorbugga

Postponing/temporary delay of K1 process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm currently waiting for NOA2/approval of our I-129F petition for the K1 visa. It's reached the point where I don't believe we will have the visa in time for our projected wedding date. I don't know when the next time window for us to possibly to get married will be - I'm in the military and will be going overseas soon; there are a lot of unknowns.

Is it possible for me to stop the visa process right now (say, once the NOA2 is received) and continue pursuing it several months (possibly up to a year) down the road when we know more about our situation? Or will the application "expire" and we will have to restart the entire process?

I've tried reading around on here and on USCIS for answers but I haven't been able to find anything. I would appreciate any advice on this matter. Thanks.

June 18, 2007 - I-129F sent to NSC

June 27, 2007 - NOA1 from CSC

July 5, 2007 - Touched!

Hopefully soon - NOA2

February 16, 2008 - Planned wedding date

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

If you are being deployed you can apply for expedited processing to speed things along. Otherwise, if you choose to delay it you will have to ask the embassy to keep extending your petition until you are ready to move forward.

I agree with Julez.

There was recently a poster who had the same situation as you and get expedited very quickly.

Best of luck to you.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

I should've been a little more specific - I'll be posting to Germany (overseas) and may or may not be deploying from there. If I delay the process but don't have the embassy extend my petition, will I have to restart the process? Thanks again.

July 5, 2007 - Touched!

Hopefully soon - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks for the replies.

I should've been a little more specific - I'll be posting to Germany (overseas) and may or may not be deploying from there. If I delay the process but don't have the embassy extend my petition, will I have to restart the process? Thanks again.

If you don't ask the embassy to extend your petition, yes, it will expire.

Another option is for you to keep going, get the NOA2 and once your fiancee receives packet 3 she can delay sending it back. Once she does send it back she could include a letter indicating that she wants an interview far in the future, giving them an idea of when. I know of a few others who extended things quite a while with this approach. You could also check with the embassy to see what they advise in your situation.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

I had to expedite my I-129f due to deployment and it moved very quickly...I have gone from waiting on Oct 25 to now we have our interview on Jan 3rd which is perfect for our schedule. All I did was write a letter to CSC telling them my situtions faxed to them and they took care of it from there.

Good luck TJ

Edited by TravisAndMichelle

01-03-2008 ***INTERVIEW*** Thank you God!!!

01-20-2008 Received visa via Delbros (Found out the delay had to do with my request for expidte, info still needed to be input at the NVC level so held it up for a few weeks)

01-23-2008 Michelle arrived in Guam; we are so happy!!!

01-31-2008 I do, I do...we are happly married!

01-31-2009 Happy Anniversary baby!!!

02-15-2010 Send in I-751 Remove Condition

PI_US_Flags_MichelleandI.jpg

Timeline

thanks for the advice - very helpful.

July 5, 2007 - Touched!

Hopefully soon - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.