MonopolyMoney

DS-3025/medical question/POE and AOS timeline question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When do we get the DS-3025 back from our interview? We handed in our brown envelope to an officer at the border and he mentioned that we should be getting something in the mail. Is this the DS-3025? What else will come?

We've already been married and Kurtis has applied for a SSN. When do we *need* to send in the AOS packet? We need a little time to save up the money for it. Is there a certain deadline for filing for AOS now that we're married?

Kurtis also applied for his Employment Insurance. Is he supposed to send in his Record of Employment to the Belleville office? We haven't been able to get in touch with anyone about this.

Thanks in advance.

I-129F sent- 1/4/2007

I-129F received by Vermont Service Center- 1/8/2007

I-129F NOA1- 1/9/2007

Check cashed- 1/11/2007

I-129F NOA2- 1/24/2007

NVC received I-129F- 1/31/2007

Kurtis received packet from Montreal Consulate- 2/9/2007

Kurtis sent packet back to Montreal- 5/21/2007

Kurtis received interview date- 8/20/2007

Medical in Toronto- 9/11/2007

Interview in Montreal- 10/10/2007- APPROVED!

Received visa in mail- 10/15/2007

Traveled home to Massachusetts- 10/19/2007

Married- 10/31/2007

Mailed AOS packet- 1/23/2008

NOA issued- 1/30/2008

USCIS cashed check- 2/1/2008

Received RFE- 2/19/2008

Biometrics appointment- 2/21/2008 (in Providence, RI)

EAD application touched- 2/22/2008

Request for Evidence received by USCIS- 2/26/2008

EAD touched- 4/28/2008

AOS transferred to California Service Center- 5/16/2008

AOS touched- 5/27/2008

Called USCIS to have them do a case trace on our stale EAD- 5/27/2008

AOS touched- 5/29/2008

EAD card production ordered- 6/2/2008

AP approved- 6/2/2008

EAD received- 6/9/2008 (WOOHOO!!!!)

AP received- 6/9/2008

AOS touched- 6/19/2008

Total time it took to process EAD and AP- 129 days (boooo!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
When do we get the DS-3025 back from our interview? We handed in our brown envelope to an officer at the border and he mentioned that we should be getting something in the mail. Is this the DS-3025? What else will come?

We've already been married and Kurtis has applied for a SSN. When do we *need* to send in the AOS packet? We need a little time to save up the money for it. Is there a certain deadline for filing for AOS now that we're married?

Kurtis also applied for his Employment Insurance. Is he supposed to send in his Record of Employment to the Belleville office? We haven't been able to get in touch with anyone about this.

Thanks in advance.

I'll take the bonus EI question Alec for $2500.

Or not, I don't know any of the answers, but I liked your title so much I though I would reply :)

Thanks in advance.

The ROE should be mailed to the Belleville office once they request proof of eligibility - that includes a photocopy of the K1 visa and passport.

Technically you'll be out of status once the I-94 expires, but you're okay to apply after that. Some people just like to apply as soon as possible so that they can get their EAD faster.

I personally got a copy of the DS-3025 at my medical - the panel physician gave me a copy to keep for my own records. I'm not sure what the officer means when he says something is going to come in the mail. :unsure:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline

Sorrrrryyyyy. You're not going to get anything in the mail. I asked for a copy of my DS-3025 when I crossed the border because Medisys wouldn't give me one. If Kurtis went to Dr Seiden's, tell him to give them a call and see if they'll send you a copy.

There's no deadline on the AOS but you're best filing it as soon as you can so he can work, get a driver's license, and travel out of the country. Try not to let it get close to 180 days out of status because that seems to be a marker for them. The out-of-status clock starts ticking as soon as the I-94 expires.

Yes, he needs to send his ROE to Belleville. Ditto what Nini said. What's the prize for the bonus question? ;)

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

post-27667-1195438611_thumb.jpg

Sorrrrryyyyy. You're not going to get anything in the mail. I asked for a copy of my DS-3025 when I crossed the border because Medisys wouldn't give me one. If Kurtis went to Dr Seiden's, tell him to give them a call and see if they'll send you a copy.

Yes, he needs to send his ROE to Belleville. Ditto what Nini said. What's the prize for the bonus question? ;)

Oh man. That sucks. I dislike Medisys even more now. How official do you suppose a good ole Ontario immunization record is? I hope it's official enough to have the civil surgeon in my area transcribe the information onto the AOS form. I mean.. that's what they used to verify the shots for the medical, so in theory, it should work. But we all know how well theory works for this immigration process. :P

As for the grand prize.. you get a picture! Of our child, Minion, or if that doesn't float your boat.. my Mom and Dad's dog, Meeka (Corgi). Enjoy and thanks for the help, everyone!

post-27667-1195438623_thumb.jpg

I-129F sent- 1/4/2007

I-129F received by Vermont Service Center- 1/8/2007

I-129F NOA1- 1/9/2007

Check cashed- 1/11/2007

I-129F NOA2- 1/24/2007

NVC received I-129F- 1/31/2007

Kurtis received packet from Montreal Consulate- 2/9/2007

Kurtis sent packet back to Montreal- 5/21/2007

Kurtis received interview date- 8/20/2007

Medical in Toronto- 9/11/2007

Interview in Montreal- 10/10/2007- APPROVED!

Received visa in mail- 10/15/2007

Traveled home to Massachusetts- 10/19/2007

Married- 10/31/2007

Mailed AOS packet- 1/23/2008

NOA issued- 1/30/2008

USCIS cashed check- 2/1/2008

Received RFE- 2/19/2008

Biometrics appointment- 2/21/2008 (in Providence, RI)

EAD application touched- 2/22/2008

Request for Evidence received by USCIS- 2/26/2008

EAD touched- 4/28/2008

AOS transferred to California Service Center- 5/16/2008

AOS touched- 5/27/2008

Called USCIS to have them do a case trace on our stale EAD- 5/27/2008

AOS touched- 5/29/2008

EAD card production ordered- 6/2/2008

AP approved- 6/2/2008

EAD received- 6/9/2008 (WOOHOO!!!!)

AP received- 6/9/2008

AOS touched- 6/19/2008

Total time it took to process EAD and AP- 129 days (boooo!)

I wasn't given a copy of my DS-3025 from the doctor that did my physical in Canada either. I just brought with me, my Saskatchewan vaccination booklet, and a civil surgeon transcribed that information onto the vaccination form here to send in with my AOS. There wasn't any questions about my using this to have it transferred onto the proper form.

How did he apply for EI? On-line? I think there is an address where it tells you where to send your ROE in. This has to be done immediately. Don't wait for them to contact you about this before sending in the ROE. If you have a case number, reference that. Send it to Bellville. As well, always reference your case number, or if you don't have that your SIN number. That will enable them to match it up with your case.

You can apply for your AOS as soon as your able. The earlier the better if you're looking for your EAD to work.

Hope this helps.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

I like Carla's suggestion. :thumbs: If you can't find a civil surgeon who will do that, try calling Dr Arnold and see if he'll do it for you. He only charges $10.

Dr. L.E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512)444-3131

Fax: (512)447-4699

If all else fails, just note in your covering letter that the immunization record was completed and is included in the approved visa application documentation which they have in their possession. Worst case scenario would be an RFE. Unless you need/want your AOS ultra quick..... then you're back to the full medical scenario.

Good luck!

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.