7 posts in this topic

i went thru my biometrics for AOS and EAS last friday.

it took quite a while, but overall went smoothly.

i wanna share my experience and hopefully can help others.

when they called my number, i was brought to a clerk in front of the machine/computer.

as soon as she scanned the bar code on my appointment letter, the screen showed my profile.

but obviously not all the info was showing so she still needed to put in some data manually based on

the form i was asked to fill out right after i stepped in the office.

she did it very quickly as a routine, and i almost lost it, but forunately i caught that SHE MADE A MISTAKE by putting down the wrong nationality. of course she corrected it otherwise i don't know if the mismatch of my info would cause some probs and thus delay the processing.

for those who are expecting biometrics-- DO DOUBLE CHECK whatever info they put down b/4 they take your fingerprints. THEY DO MAKE MISTAKES. if you can't quite follow their speed of keying in data in the computer, kindly ask them to wait a bit and make sure the info ab you is all correct. believe me-- it's never too much to be careful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the advice. :)

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Good advice!

The few times that I've had my biometrics done, the ASC staff always had me check the info that they entered in to make sure there were no errors.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Good advice!

The few times that I've had my biometrics done, the ASC staff always had me check the info that they entered in to make sure there were no errors.

not the case for me though. i caught the mistake myself. i could tell that she didn't intend to ask me for reconfirmation. she even sorta chatted/flirted w. her male colleague while doing my fingerprints the same time.

i don't blame her though. if i have had to do the same routine job everyday, i'd have been bored to hell and couldn't care less. it's certainly more fun for her chatting w. da cute male colleague...hahaha.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Can anyone actually tell me what they do different in the Biometrics that hasn't already been done at the embassy before? Am I correct in saying that the scan all 8 fingers and both of your thumbs and take your picture? If this is so, why do they repeat it if you have already provided the prints and photos before now? Other than because they can and its the system it seems just like another example of the duplicity in a thoroughly innefficient system.

The guy went so fast when inputing my info, I didn't have a chance to look at it, and he never asked me to check it. It didn't look like any of the guys working there had the people check their info from what I could see.

He double checked my eye and hair colour, then gave me my ID back. I put it in my purse and he had finished inputing the info when I turned back. Then it was time for finger prints.

Fingers crossed he put the right information in.

But that's a good question, if they did put something wrong in, how would that affect your case?

06/27/11 - Mailed N-400 Naturalization

06/28/11 - NOA Priority Date

08/10/11 - Biometrics (Early FP 07/21/11)

08/01/11 - In Line for Interview Scheduling

08/11/11 - Got Email the interview is scheduled

08/15/11 - Received interview letter for September 19th

08/15/11 - Received interview cancellation letter

10/14/11 - Received new interview letter

11/17/11 - N400 interview - PASSED!!!

11/29/11 - In Line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

12/30/11 - Got email that oath ceremony is scheduled

01/27/12 - Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!!

04/30/10 - Mailed I-751 ROC

05/11/10 - Received NOA (dated 05/03/10)

06/11/10 - Biometrics

07/13/10 - Card Production Ordered

07/22/10 - 10 year Green Card Received in the mail

07/27/07 - I-130 & I-485 Sent to Chicago Lock Box

09/04/07 - Received NOA1 for both I-130 & I-485 (Notice Date of 31st August)

11/09/07 - Biometrics

04/17/08 - Interview

04/21/08 - Received I-130 Approval Notice

05/09/08 - I-485 Approved (Email - Welcome Notice mailed)

05/20/08 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD ARRIVED IN THE MAIL

Can anyone actually tell me what they do different in the Biometrics that hasn't already been done at the embassy before? Am I correct in saying that the scan all 8 fingers and both of your thumbs and take your picture? If this is so, why do they repeat it if you have already provided the prints and photos before now? Other than because they can and its the system it seems just like another example of the duplicity in a thoroughly innefficient system.

YES, you're correct. that's what they do--scanning 8 fingers and both thumbs followed by a picture taken.

well...it's inefficient alright. but if they ask you to repeat the process, you have to do it unless you wanna abandon your case. some people have to do it again simply because the fingerprints they took are unclear, which in my opinion is their fault. annoy but what can you do? also i heard that the biometrics are only valid/in their record for a certain period of time (i don't remember how long? 18 months or so? sbd pls correct me if you know) so when you need to remove the conditions on the 2-year GC, you'll be asked to do biometrics again.

as for the mistakes they might have putting in our info, i'd say no doubt it's always better to be correct than incorrect. hehehe.

LET'S ALL PRAY THEY DIDN'T MAKE MISTAKES PUTTING IN THE INFO OF THOSE WHO HAVE DONE BIOMETRICS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.