Amy B.

Called USCIS and our I-130 is not found in the system?!!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Today I thought I would call USCIS and try and talk to a rep about our case. Well of course online it has been saying the same thing now for almost 6 mths. ( pending)

Well I called and put in our Receipt # and the automated system tells me "" Status CAN'T BE FOUND" :huh:

So, I wanted it to be repeated to me and again said same thing, so I got connected to a csr and she told me that she would escalate call and get me to someone else. So, she transferred me over and I had to wait for over 20 mins or so.....I finally got to an officer and I told her the information that she was needing.

I was told that our case has not been assigned to an officer and she would send an email to the dept and see what is goin on. She then told me to wait 10 days to see if there has been any updates on the uscis page and if not , to call back. Also that our 6 mth period would be Dec 12th, and she also told me by this date to callback as well (( LIKE I DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW THAT ))

also, I am fighting a bad cold and have lost my voice, so it was a difficult call to deal with :(

Has anyone else here had this happen to where the case status stated that " IT CAN'T BE FOUND" when calling USCIS??

thanks

Aisha

Edited by ♥ QaSiM--aIsHa

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Geez,

I'm glad you called them. You should be approved by now! At least that person is going to see what's going on =) But, that really stinks about your case number. I'm preying for your case to get approved and get well soon =)

Timeline

Thanks Clow, I sure hope so, I don't know why it happened today. Heck our case has been there since june :(

I thought maybe it was going to be assigned or something, but she said it hasn't been, so idk

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thanks Clow, I sure hope so, I don't know why it happened today. Heck our case has been there since june :(

I thought maybe it was going to be assigned or something, but she said it hasn't been, so idk

Aisha - hang in there. A good friend of mine just got their approval last night (like Clow ;) ) and they sent their I130 to CSC on June 14, NOA1 was June 28. They have to be getting so close to yours - no matter what the csr said ... remember, sadly, they can often be called the mis-information line at USCIS!!

Aisha - hang in there. A good friend of mine just got their approval last night (like Clow ;) ) and they sent their I130 to CSC on June 14, NOA1 was June 28. They have to be getting so close to yours - no matter what the csr said ... remember, sadly, they can often be called the mis-information line at USCIS!!

Hi everyone! I usually post in the K-3 forum, but I guess I have to kiss it goodbye now. I applied for both I-129F and I-130, but only my I-130 has been approved, the other one is still pending at CSC. So It looks like I'll be spending a while with you guys here, since I will probably end up with the CR1.

I agree, USCIS is definately the MIS-information line. I have posted this before, but in the K-3 forum. And what I'm about to share proves how ignorant and the lack of information the have on our cases, they are not always updated. I called USCIS on Friday, November 2nd to inquire about both of my cases. They told me that my I-130 would be approved in 7 to 14 days and my I-129F would be approved in 30 to 60 days. Ok, so this was on NOVEMBER 2nd. Well, on Monday NOVEMBER 5th I get my APPROVAL for my I-130 and the approval date is OCTOBER 30th!!! How did this happen? When I called them to ask, THEY DID NOT EVEN KNOW I WAS APPROVED. The USCIS website still shows both of my cases pending, so that is not being updated either.

So please check your mail boxes. Your approval may come in the mail. I never got an email telling me I was approved. So, I am still hoping and crossing my fingers for my I-129F approval. I MISS MY HUSBAND!!!!! = (

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

I am just so darn frustrated now cause of this happening today. I am thankful I called just to see if maybe I could find someone to let me know if our case was assigned or what. :( I will try again tomorrow and continue to check online.

I just want to hear some good news for once!!!!

I just really love the support here on VJ,!!!!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline
Today I thought I would call USCIS and try and talk to a rep about our case. Well of course online it has been saying the same thing now for almost 6 mths. ( pending)

Well I called and put in our Receipt # and the automated system tells me "" Status CAN'T BE FOUND" :huh:

So, I wanted it to be repeated to me and again said same thing, so I got connected to a csr and she told me that she would escalate call and get me to someone else. So, she transferred me over and I had to wait for over 20 mins or so.....I finally got to an officer and I told her the information that she was needing.

I was told that our case has not been assigned to an officer and she would send an email to the dept and see what is goin on. She then told me to wait 10 days to see if there has been any updates on the uscis page and if not , to call back. Also that our 6 mth period would be Dec 12th, and she also told me by this date to callback as well (( LIKE I DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW THAT ))

also, I am fighting a bad cold and have lost my voice, so it was a difficult call to deal with :(

Has anyone else here had this happen to where the case status stated that " IT CAN'T BE FOUND" when calling USCIS??

thanks

Aisha

Hi.. I just asked that question yesterday lol I called got the same message cant be found then i called back talk to some woman she was quick about it i wasnt put on hold or anything she didnt know why it did say my status then she put my reciept number in and there it was still the same its pending but its there. Hope you get good news soon...

thanks

Aisha

Hello Aisha,

After reading your post I also called the automated service, just out of curiosity. And I got the same message you got. There must be a computer glith...because it's not right.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I had the same kind of thing - my case wasn't showing up at all in any of the automated systems.

When I got through to an operator, still - no case showing. They transferred me (same as you) and the 2nd level person *did* find my case in the system - and said it should show up in automated in a couple days.

A few weeks later, I got NOA2 - and the case showed up in the automated *after* it was finally approved.

Weird.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: Timeline

I sent mine on June 19th and it was received on June 25th and my receipt date is July 2nd. How far out do you think I am from them working on my file lucky sprite? Mine was sent to the Texas center. But when I called yesterday, they had not even pulled my file or sent it to an adjudicator.. What do you think?

Timeline

I called uscis again today to follow up with yesterdays call, I spoke to a very nice young lady and she did mention around 5 to 6 petitions ahead of mine, but I have no clue on how they really handle them. I really don't see any organization at all with the petitions :( from what I can see.

Wahrania, I am right there with you, but I hope we get our NOA2 soon.....insha allaahh!!!!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I sent mine on June 19th and it was received on June 25th and my receipt date is July 2nd. How far out do you think I am from them working on my file lucky sprite? Mine was sent to the Texas center. But when I called yesterday, they had not even pulled my file or sent it to an adjudicator.. What do you think?

Wahrania - I wish I knew. Its so hard to tell - because in the two approvals that happend that night, that I know of - one was from mid June and the other was Clow, from early May. There is a huge discrepancy in timelines right there - in how two approvals can come on the same day but yet be filed a month and a half apart. The inconsistancy makes it hard to predict what will happen in the near future.

All I do know is that they have really picked up the May/early June approvals in the past 3-4 weeks - and if this momentum continues then you are bound to hear something VERY SOON!! (I would like to hope it is within the next week or two at the latest ... but I don't want to get your hopes up too high...we know that we can expect nothing from the service centers.. I expected my approval in 3 months from when I filed back in May, because times were averaging 3 months at the time - and well, 5 + months later - here we all are. Thankfully, I have been approved, but it taught me a hard lesson in expecting anything from them!!)

Hang in there - the time is certainly coming for both you and Aisha!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.