26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ah, the misinformation line strikes again :unsure:

????? :blink:

This misinformation line is USCIS customer service. Call them a few times...each time you will be told something totally different.

I'm thinking of axe'ing the K1 and going there to marry her. Have to start over, but at this rate, what's the difference.

If you have a strong case don't think about axe'ing the fiancee visa. You've already waited 140+ days for this and it won't be any faster with a marriage visa. Starting over with a marriage visa will mean you're waiting another 10-12 months, starting AFTER you get all your marriage paperwork completed in Thailand.

In 35-40 days you'll get your RFE information. (Can they tell you why they RFE'd over the phone?) Maybe it's something really simple (I've read about really simple things missing to cause RFEs, such as signatures or typos on names) and you'll turn it around in a couple days. RFEs get processed very fast (as a former adjudicator explained on this site) because it looks bad for the adjudicator to have a file on his/her desk for a long time. Things will get moving along and you're fiancee will be could be here in April or May of next year.

(The one major advantage to filing with a marriage visa is if your case isn't strong. [For example, an engagement on the first visit to her country.] Even then, a red flag doesn't mean much in itself, but is measured with the rest of your evidence. )

As frustrating as this may be, hang in there and make the right decisions so your fiancee can join you stateside ASAP. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Lucas

5/25/2007 - I-129F sent

6/12/2007 - NOA1

10/31/2007 - NOA2

12/24/2007 - Package 3 Received

12/28/2007 - Package 3 Handed to Consulate

My photo blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A relief. Got the RFE today. Just need to get her translated birth certificate.

VJ needs to put something in to the guides that states that the USCIS may request your fiance(e)'s birth certificate. This is becoming all too common now.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Timeline

VJ needs to put something in to the guides that states that the USCIS may request your fiance(e)'s birth certificate. This is becoming all too common now.

wow! man i'm glad to here it was something simple. i included Jenn's BC in our petition. i was freakin out yesterday...coz...i was thinking " Jamie seems like the kinda guy that would follow the guides & form instructions to the letter, like i did"...*panic...stress...panic* i feel a lot better now.

it won't take you long to fix this one Jamie. good luck.

7yqZWFL.jpg

nowhere on the application does it say to include your fiances birth certificate.

I didnt send one in... How can anyone possibly know something like this?

wow! man i'm glad to here it was something simple. i included Jenn's BC in our petition. i was freakin out yesterday...coz...i was thinking " Jamie seems like the kinda guy that would follow the guides & form instructions to the letter, like i did"...*panic...stress...panic* i feel a lot better now.

it won't take you long to fix this one Jamie. good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
nowhere on the application does it say to include your fiances birth certificate.

No, it doesn't...That is why the VJ guides need to add this little bit of information that they may ask for the birth certificate. It is becoming a common thing it seems.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

i know its not in the instructions or guide...but, i took the "kitchen sink" approach for the original petition, like we plan to do for the interview as well. don't worry about it. like you said, they don't ask for it. jamie probably included it & it wasn't in english..so they want it in english...philippine BCs are in english. again don't worry about it until you have to.

7yqZWFL.jpg

I agree the Guide needs to be updated.

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we didnt send one, cuz they dont ask for one and it didnt matter. he took it to the interview. they must have wanted a look at it for some reason in this case. does happen

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

exactly .. what a joke .. REF asking for my passport pic from me and my baby!

what ####### a joke

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

No, it doesn't...That is why the VJ guides need to add this little bit of information that they may ask for the birth certificate. It is becoming a common thing it seems.

It is mentioned in the RFE thread. The instructions don't call for it but they seem to sometimes require it.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.