trailmix

IR1 / CR1 - Montreal Timeline to Interview

3,833 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My doctor certainly won't agree to induce for this reason. There are medical risks involved in induction, and it would be unethical to do it just because of my schedule.

C

If I was in yout situation, I'd probably be so desperate that I'd ask to be induced a few days early to give a lilittle over a week to recover from the birth afterward and find family to sit for a day or two. It sounds ridiculous, but... I guess that's what this process has done to me. I'm sorry you're in this situation, and I wish I could be more helpful :(

My doctor certainly won't agree to induce for this reason. There are medical risks involved in induction, and it would be unethical to do it just because of my schedule.

C

Sorry to say but from what I have seen posted from other people that had to reschedule there interview it has taken months.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

I wish I knew what to tell you.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Timeline

DAMN I am sooo sorry Mtlgato, but congrats anyone else who got a date. You know that is ridiculous in your case though, they should really have considered you and they better not screw with you when you ask for another date! You make a stink mtl! :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

C

Sorry to barge in on your conversation, but just wanted to comment...I work in the birthing center in my city & we do convenience inductions all the time. Most of our ladies usually have stupid reasons, but, you have a very valid reason & I cannot see why it would be unethical. Babies can be induced anytime after 38 weeks. They do not grow in the last couple of weeks, they are fully formed. Unless your baby has had problems during this pregnancy, the risks are very low.

Good luck on the delivery of your precious bundle & I hope you get to your interview! :)

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

Well, I know that. What am I supposed to do????

Hey, C . . . congratulations on the interview date, and I am going to pray that you are going to have an on-time baby, or even a couple days earlier . . . God knows what you need . . . I am confident the timing would work out for you and the baby :) I mean it. :yes:

Timeline

What about the very real risk that the induction won't work and a c-section would become necessary? That's major surgery, and carries its own risks--and obviously a much longer recovery time...and would potentially make the flight to Montreal impossible.

Sorry to barge in on your conversation, but just wanted to comment...I work in the birthing center in my city & we do convenience inductions all the time. Most of our ladies usually have stupid reasons, but, you have a very valid reason & I cannot see why it would be unethical. Babies can be induced anytime after 38 weeks. They do not grow in the last couple of weeks, they are fully formed. Unless your baby has had problems during this pregnancy, the risks are very low.

Good luck on the delivery of your precious bundle & I hope you get to your interview! :)

Hey, C . . . congratulations on the interview date, and I am going to pray that you are going to have an on-time baby, or even a couple days earlier . . . God knows what you need . . . I am confident the timing would work out for you and the baby :) I mean it. :yes:

Thanks, I appreciate your kind sentiments.

C.

DAMN I am sooo sorry Mtlgato, but congrats anyone else who got a date. You know that is ridiculous in your case though, they should really have considered you and they better not screw with you when you ask for another date! You make a stink mtl! :)

Thanks. I'm really upset right now. I appreciate the support.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, congrats to shewolf and mtlgato, you guys have been waiting a looong time. :thumbs:

But, so sorry for the poopy timing for your date, gato. :wacko: You'd think they'd have, like, a note in your file or something. :bonk: All the best.

Timeline

Well, congrats to shewolf and mtlgato, you guys have been waiting a looong time. :thumbs:

But, so sorry for the poopy timing for your date, gato. :wacko: You'd think they'd have, like, a note in your file or something. :bonk: All the best.

Thanks! You've been waiting even longer, though--at least for this stage of the process. I wish I could just give you my date and take your place in line! I don't see how I'm ever going to be able to do this. I'd have to fly on the 7th...my milk is prob just going to be coming in...and that's IF the baby's even born yet!

Yes, they SHOULD have a note in my file! I'm almost 100% sure that they DO have a note in my file. Heartless. Simply heartless.

Good luck, birdnerd.

Timeline

I am sorry but after going through being induced, I don't think anyone in there right mind should want to be induced haha. MTL is right about the risk of C-section and depending on how she is induced could really depend on how she reacts to it. I went into the hospital at 7am, was sent home after an hour or so as they had put some gel and told me to come back when the contractions started. (They started the moment I got in the car) I called and talked to a nurse who told me to wait it out till 4, so I sat/stood/showered/cried/whined at home till I couldn't take it anymore, went back to the hospital at 4pm was given a second round of gel and then told to go home again! This time I said no "I am staying right freaking here as I had triple contractions but due to not being dilating they didn't really care) at 8pm I was given the drip to "speed it up" by 12am I was doing the exorcism however at 4am I was checked and had gone from 2cm-8cm. OK epidural time. By the time I had the epidural and had finally relaxed the nurse said we are good to go. My Doctor came in the room with an intern and the intern delivered well my doctor watched king of the hill. Yes I was one of those Girls that "shewolf" was talking about within 2 hours I was up and walking around feeling much better then the last 24 hours. BUT I did have issues I had to walk with a hunch cause I felt like i couldn't breathe, I had after pains, I looked like #######, I would never recommend someone to get an inducement to get on a plane, not to mention that I believe you have to have a birth certificate before the baby can fly. And lastly MTL doesn't seem to want to do that, I believe she would rather have an appointment a few weeks after the baby comes when both mommy and child are doing great. It can be extremely hard just to juggle motherhood in the first few weeks but to add to it she has to juggle Montreal. Just my opinion of course.

Then again I have no clue what regular labor feels like, I just know what it feels like to force your body to have a baby!

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Thank you so much, Canadiandggal for understanding! What you describe fits exactly with what my friends who've been induced have said--and what my doctor has said. Oh, and those are the friends whose induction actually "worked"! There are also friends who've ended up with failed inductions, c-sections, and in a couple of cases, post-op infections that left them really ill for a while! Of course, sometimes induction is the right thing to do medically...but I don't think I should have to have one because Mtl is heartless and ridiculous about their scheduling. And, as I said before, my doctor is opposed.

You are also right that the baby can't fly without a bc or other ID--which can't be produced immediately. I dn't think it takes long to get the bc, but def more than 2-3 days (2-3 weeks is what vital stats told me). So, we'd be talking about LEAVING the baby with my mom, which means interrupting breast feeding--potentially right when my milk is coming in...which raises the very significant risk that I'd never get the baby bfing properly once I got back. I'm sorry, but I've decided that this is what's best for the baby's health and mine...and, again, I'm not making a health decision of this kind of importance just because of Mtl's ridiculous scheduling practices.

Sorry if I sound ranty! Anyway, thanks again, Canadiandggal!

C.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much, Canadiandggal for understanding! What you describe fits exactly with what my friends who've been induced have said--and what my doctor has said. Oh, and those are the friends whose induction actually "worked"! There are also friends who've ended up with failed inductions, c-sections, and in a couple of cases, post-op infections that left them really ill for a while! Of course, sometimes induction is the right thing to do medically...but I don't think I should have to have one because Mtl is heartless and ridiculous about their scheduling. And, as I said before, my doctor is opposed.

You are also right that the baby can't fly without a bc or other ID--which can't be produced immediately. I dn't think it takes long to get the bc, but def more than 2-3 days (2-3 weeks is what vital stats told me). So, we'd be talking about LEAVING the baby with my mom, which means interrupting breast feeding--potentially right when my milk is coming in...which raises the very significant risk that I'd never get the baby bfing properly once I got back. I'm sorry, but I've decided that this is what's best for the baby's health and mine...and, again, I'm not making a health decision of this kind of importance just because of Mtl's ridiculous scheduling practices.

Sorry if I sound ranty! Anyway, thanks again, Canadiandggal!

C.

I'm sorry for your situation! Having just had a baby in February I can sympathize with you! I was induced and ended up with a C-section and my baby wasn't breathing and they had to restart his heart once he was out! And if you do have a c section there would be no way you would be able to travel for at least 2 weeks - it's very painful recovery not to mention at least 3-5 days in hospital after birth! One good piece of news that I have for you though is that you don't need a birth certificate or anything like that for your baby. They are only required to check id's for people 18 and over. I flew with my little boy in June and they didn't ask for anything for him (though I did have it ready). There is the possibility that they could ask you for something but if you have had your baby by the time you go, then ask the hospital for a photocopy of your registration of live birth - it'll have all your baby's info on it along with both parents information too.

If I get my interview for later in October maybe we can switch... I don't know if montreal does that or not - though I'm guessing not... Considering convenience for anyone other than themselves would surprise me greatly.

Hope all works out for you! And please, stick with your intuition and don't induce for that reason. It's not worth jeopardizing your baby's health for convenience... If it takes a few months longer (hope it doesn't!!) to reschedule, it'll be worth it to have a healthy baby!

Timeline

No interview date for me today, maybe tomorrow :)

age.png

age.png

event.png

Timeline

No interview for me today....I called this morning and Lewis told me they weren't scheduling October interviews until after September 15...even though I told him there were people already scheduled for October he proceeded to tell me again nothing being booked until after Sept 15, I just said okay whatever and hung, its a waste of my time to even call. Praying for tomorrow to hear something..I pray all of us May people get one.

God is our strength, He is with us at all times

Craig and Jacquie H

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.