trailmix

IR1 / CR1 - Montreal Timeline to Interview

3,833 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter called DOS as I am currently not able to use the phone to call LD at work,

DOS said that you have to wait for a letter with a Login ID and password in order to access this site.

Is this true?

All I know is that I have my Case Number already in the Original Packet 4 I received prior to postponing the original interview in Jan.

That's pretty much why I'm suggesting that you *call* to book your appointment (not DoS, but instead one of the numbers to which the link I sent earlier brings you). I didn't have a Login ID and password either (and the site seems sometimes to ask for one and sometimes not...it's a little glitchy, still--you can tell they're still working the bugs out). But I had a very good experience booking over the phone. The key thing seems to be: Exaplain that you have a prior date booked by NVC; you have a P4. It does occur to me now that your original interview date has passed, whereas mine has not...That may make a difference. But still: do call when you can. I understand that you may not be able to do so from work.

C.

congrats musi.. that means they still assign the date as opposed to us scheduling the interview date what ever is the next available online. The good thing is that you have a date......but make sure to call them again tomorrow to get a confirmation.

That's pretty much why I'm suggesting that you *call* to book your appointment (not DoS, but instead one of the numbers to which the link I sent earlier brings you). I didn't have a Login ID and password either (and the site seems sometimes to ask for one and sometimes not...it's a little glitchy, still--you can tell they're still working the bugs out). But I had a very good experience booking over the phone. The key thing seems to be: Exaplain that you have a prior date booked by NVC; you have a P4. It does occur to me now that your original interview date has passed, whereas mine has not...That may make a difference. But still: do call when you can. I understand that you may not be able to do so from work.

C.

Thanks MTLgato i will try to do it myself...thanks for the advice

Timeline

congrats musi.. that means they still assign the date as opposed to us scheduling the interview date what ever is the next available online. The good thing is that you have a date......but make sure to call them again tomorrow to get a confirmation.

Thanks Tauruslady. I will definitely call again tomorrow if I don't receive an email from NVC today.

But I'd suggest all the people who got their case complete in May to call NVC to get their date. There's a computer glitch at Montreal so calling the NVC is probably a faster way to find out the interview date!! :hehe:

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Timeline

I called DOS and the lady told me my case was pending. I asked her if the case was pending at the NVC or at the Consulate? Then she just transferred me to NVC without answering my question. I was on hold for 15 minutes and finally Renée from NVC told me that my interview date is October 26. They just found out about it today (not sure what that means exactly) and they're sending out the interview letter by email to me and my husband.

I have been checking my email every 2 minutes since I spoke to her but nothing's shown up yet.

But I guess I still got a date? Oct 26, 2010?

Awesome!!!! musi I will have to call when i get off work tonight. My wife will be so excited.Praise you Lord!!!

God is our strength, He is with us at all times

Craig and Jacquie H

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure if filing DCF makes any difference in the way that interviews are scheduled. The gentleman at DoS told me that Montreal does things differently than other visa processing centers. He said that Montreal will send me a letter stating that I must book my appointment. I also don't get any email notifications of interview dates or anything like that so maybe this is just one more factor to complicate the process just a little more lol

Timeline

Just got off the phone with the NVC. I'm June 4 case complete so not expecting anything in October 2010, but God willing, I'm hopeful. Anyways, the NVC person told me they're still setting up interviews for October until next week and to call back. Not sure if this is consistent with the others. Sorry if I duplicated anyone.

Oh, and they said they'd email me when the interview is set not mail.

Timeline

To me, y'all will get better results by calling those new numbers that Mtlgato linked earlier in this thread. Just for fun (even tho I've already had my interview) - I called the Montreal number - 514.400.2591. The person that answered there was sooo friendly and helpful and didn't mind answering any questions I had.

Tauruslady, you should call this number, explain why your appt time is past and how you've been waiting FORever and maybe they'll be able to help you to reschedule. In my opinion, it's definitely worth the time to call.

Good luck everyone!

Timeline

I being the husband just called NVC Praise God, WE HAVE A DATE Oct 19th 9.00am whewwwwwww!!!!!

Craig and Jacquie H

Timeline

I being the husband just called NVC Praise God, WE HAVE A DATE Oct 19th 9.00am whewwwwwww!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :star: :star: :star:

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Timeline

on phone with nvc , i dont think i have a date though :(

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

OCTOBER 20th 9am!!!!!! wooootttttt

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

OCTOBER 20th 9am!!!!!! wooootttttt

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise God, the floodgates have been opened. alot of happy people.

Craig and Jacquie H

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.