trailmix

IR1 / CR1 - Montreal Timeline to Interview

3,833 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, well I just called DoS and spoke with a very friendly gentleman (to my surprise lol) and he informed me that packet 4 now contains information on how to schedule an appointment. They are no longer sending a specific date. Also included will be info on completing your medical, Fees that will have to be paid and, if applicable, a request/info on any incomplete or missing forms from your application that you will need to bring with you to your interview.

I inquired about my application and he told me that my P4 had been prepared on Sept 9 but he didn't have access to info on when/if it has been sent yet. He did say that he didn't think it should take more than 2 weeks to send it at the longest which would be Sept 23... So ANY DAY NOW!! YAY! Hope; finally hope!

I just hope they don't send out too many all at once and get the interview line backed up... It's great that they will be scheduling interviews again but I hope that I don't get my letter too late and get told they are all booked up until the new year or something....

Edited by kimberlyk21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, well I just called DoS and spoke with a very friendly gentleman (to my surprise lol) and he informed me that packet 4 now contains information on how to schedule an appointment. They are no longer sending a specific date. Also included will be info on completing your medical, Fees that will have to be paid and, if applicable, a request/info on any incomplete or missing forms from your application that you will need to bring with you to your interview.

I inquired about my application and he told me that my P4 had been prepared on Sept 9 but he didn't have access to info on when/if it has been sent yet. He did say that he didn't think it should take more than 2 weeks to send it at the longest which would be Sept 23... So ANY DAY NOW!! YAY! Hope; finally hope!

I just hope they don't send out too many all at once and get the interview line backed up... It's great that they will be scheduling interviews again but I hope that I don't get my letter too late and get told they are all booked up until the new year or something....

Yay! Can you please confirm for us all that you are CR1/IR1? I notice you have not filled out your timeline.

Based on what I observed yesterday, I wouldn't worry about them being booked up to the end of the year. It looks like they're only going to open up one month worth of interview slots at a time.

Anyway, this is looking promising, isn't it, guys?

C.

Hi All,

I already had my P4 Letter mailed last year but the previous original date on January was postponed

So most likely I will not be getting another P4 stating all these new rules on Self DIY scheduling.

I will remain uninformed if I did not hear about this from this forum ( Thanks Goodness) as I may not get any advice from Montreal, that Hey, we dont reschedule anymore just do it online now.

So Am likely a candidate for this DIY re-scheduling Interview online?

If so, am I not causing any conflict, what do you guys think?

Hi All,

I already had my P4 Letter mailed last year but the previous original date on January was postponed

So most likely I will not be getting another P4 stating all these new rules on Self DIY scheduling.

I will remain uninformed if I did not hear about this from this forum ( Thanks Goodness) as I may not get any advice from Montreal, that Hey, we dont reschedule anymore just do it online now.

i guess you could try it, couldn't hurt - right? :hehe:

Timeline

Yes, kimberlyk21, could you let us know what visa you are and when your NVC complete date was? Thanks!

Timeline

So does it mean we should expect the packet 4 to arrive by regular snail mail or email? It'll be sent by the American consulate in Montreal or the DoS?

:blink:

Yes, kimberlyk21, could you let us know what visa you are and when your NVC complete date was? Thanks!

I think Kimberlyk21 is applying for a CR1...

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Timeline

Not to but in but kimberlys case was complete on 5-12-2010

God is our strength, He is with us at all times

Craig and Jacquie H

Timeline

Hi All,

I would recommend that you do what I did and call and try to schedule over the phone. Here's the link to the numbers again: http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_generalinquiries

You'll need to have your passport number on hand, and your case number. The phone message confusingly says you'll need your Ds-160, but I think that's a non-imm. visa thing. For us I believe it's the MTL case number.

My fingers are crossed for you! My hunch is that if I could reschedule, then so can you. The only diff might be that my P4 is dated Sept. 1, 2010 which does happen to be the exact start-date of the new system (even though my P4 is an old-style one, and doesn't actually inculde any hint of the new rules, etc.)...but, I don't know. Do try, though!

Let us know what happens.

C.

Edited by mtlgato

This may be too good to be true...BUT it SEEMS that I was able successfully to reschedule my appointment via this new self-service system.

You *do* need to have received P4 to be able to use the system. For those of you who are confused, there IS a P4 for CR1/IR1: it's the interview letter from NVC. In other words, my p4 was the letter that notified me of my ridiculous Oct. 8 date (ridiculous because I'm due to have the baby right around then).

So, those of you who haven't had a date scheduled, you prob won't be able to do anything YET. BUT...this is all probably good news for you, because: a) when you do get your P4, you'll be able to pick a date that actually works for you; and, b) I *suspect* that the changeover to this new system may have been responsible for the particularly bad delays recently. Your P4s may be coming really soon, and you'll get the new, improved version that hooks you up with the self-serve site, etc.

Btw, my husband works on computer systems kind of like this new self-serve site, and he says he thinks it's very likely that the transition to this new system was the reason for the extra suckitude with the Montreal scheduling of late...

I hope I'm right about all this...If so, you May-June people (at least) have good news coming...

PS. My new date is Oct. 28. That was the latest date I could get. It'll still be hard, but way more possible than Oct. 8!!!

C.

My daughter called DOS as I am currently not able to use the phone to call LD at work,

DOS said that you have to wait for a letter with a Login ID and password in order to access this site.

Is this true?

All I know is that I have my Case Number already in the Original Packet 4 I received prior to postponing the original interview in Jan.

This is what the link says:

For general inquires on immigrant visas, courier service and to reschedule an appointment

Please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com/

or send an e-mail to contactus_en_CA@usvisa-info.com

Or call Montreal - 514.400.2591

Calgary - 403.800.1194

Halifax - 902.982.2191

Ottawa - 613.800.0917

Toronto - 647.955.3736

Vancouver - 604.800.2794

Quebec City - 418.800.1751

Toll-free number in Canada 1.877.341.2441.

Toll-free number in the United States 1.877.341.2441.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay! Can you please confirm for us all that you are CR1/IR1? I notice you have not filled out your timeline.

Based on what I observed yesterday, I wouldn't worry about them being booked up to the end of the year. It looks like they're only going to open up one month worth of interview slots at a time.

Anyway, this is looking promising, isn't it, guys?

C.

I am filing DCF (CR1). We submitted our I-130 in Calgary in March of this year and sent in our DS-230 form and checklist in May. Now just waiting for an interview letter. Sorry, I will update my time line.

Timeline

DCF cr-1 is different then plain Cr-1 is it not?

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I called DOS and the lady told me my case was pending. I asked her if the case was pending at the NVC or at the Consulate? Then she just transferred me to NVC without answering my question. I was on hold for 15 minutes and finally Renée from NVC told me that my interview date is October 26. They just found out about it today (not sure what that means exactly) and they're sending out the interview letter by email to me and my husband.

I have been checking my email every 2 minutes since I spoke to her but nothing's shown up yet.

But I guess I still got a date? Oct 26, 2010?

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.