sami76

Sent I-751 in July- Waiting for NOA

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I sent my I-751 on 31 Jul 2007 to TSC and have not received anything (no NOA) yet and even my checks are not cashed yet. Does it look normal?!

I was living in Maryland when I filed for AOS in VSC and got my first GC there,Later I moved to Georgia and I changed my address online and then I sent my I-751 documents to TSC. Is this the reason for not hearing from them yet?!

Appreciate any comment.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I sent my I-751 on 31 Jul 2007 to TSC and have not received anything (no NOA) yet and even my checks are not cashed yet. Does it look normal?!

I was living in Maryland when I filed for AOS in VSC and got my first GC there,Later I moved to Georgia and I changed my address online and then I sent my I-751 documents to TSC. Is this the reason for not hearing from them yet?!

Appreciate any comment.

NOA is sent to the address you indicated on your application so I shouldn't be a problem. Your case is most likely transfered to California. They have very bad delays. I applyed in mid July and fingerprints appointment is at the end of October. Though it is unusually long time for the 1st NOA. I don't think you can do anything till it is more then 90 days from the day you have applyed. Did you recived notice from the post office that your papers have been delivered? You can try to reach somebody at the call center but I don't think they will be able to tell you anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Appreciate any comment.

You don't indicate whether you know if TSC ever received your I-751 -- i.e., did you send it Express Mail and thus were able to track the petition, or did you just drop it in a mailbox? Even though your petition should have been transferred to CSC, which would then cash your check and issue your NOA1, this is way outside the usual timeframe.

Meh

I sent my I-751 on 31 Jul 2007 to TSC and have not received anything (no NOA) yet and even my checks are not cashed yet. Does it look normal?! (...)

You don't indicate whether you know if TSC ever received your I-751 -- i.e., did you send it Express Mail and thus were able to track the petition, or did you just drop it in a mailbox? Even though your petition should have been transferred to CSC, which would then cash your check and issue your NOA1, this is way outside the usual timeframe.

I agree. Moving from one USCIS district to another cannot explain a delay this long in cashing your check. You should act fast and inquire about your application, e.g., if you live close to your USCIS office, by making an infopass appointment there. If you find that your application was lost (happened once to my RFE'ed evidence that I sent without delivery confirmation), you should reapply soon and explain it if you would be late. Don't forget to sent a possible next application with delivery confirmation, which you can track online.

Filed: Timeline
I sent my I-751 on 31 Jul 2007 to TSC and have not received anything (no NOA) yet and even my checks are not cashed yet. Does it look normal?! (...)

I agree. Moving from one USCIS district to another cannot explain a delay this long in cashing your check. You should act fast and inquire about your application, e.g., if you live close to your USCIS office, by making an infopass appointment there. If you find that your application was lost (happened once to my RFE'ed evidence that I sent without delivery confirmation), you should reapply soon and explain it if you would be late. Don't forget to sent a possible next application with delivery confirmation, which you can track online.

I sent it certified and I have the tracking email of USPS showing the date and time they have received it.

I sent it certified and I have the tracking email of USPS showing the date and time they have received it.

Then I recommend you to document your USPS information well and make an infopass appointment. Take your passport and the other documents with you as you would for getting an I-551 stamp. Either they tell you that your file is with them or not. If they have your file, they should give you a stamp after such long time without NOA. If they don't have your file, ask the officer how you should proceed with your application, to not pay double and to not be rejected because of late filing. Your USPS information should show that a mistake was made on their side.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Then I recommend you to document your USPS information well and make an infopass appointment. Take your passport and the other documents with you as you would for getting an I-551 stamp. Either they tell you that your file is with them or not. If they have your file, they should give you a stamp after such long time without NOA. If they don't have your file, ask the officer how you should proceed with your application, to not pay double and to not be rejected because of late filing. Your USPS information should show that a mistake was made on their side.

As they didn't cash your check you won't get any stamp in your passport. I had an infopass appointment 2-3 weeks ago and i was told exactly what i mentioned. You still need to have an appointment with an immigration officer...i mean that i will do...I asked what it will happen if the check won't be cash and their 90 days( the time they need to process the application) will expire and i was told i have to reapply....

I applied on august 31 and they didn't cash the check yet....i reapplied on sept 16 and still nothing....

I thought i was the only one unlucky....

Don't leave the infopass appointment without to have all your answers...as i did....maybe you should write them down...

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.