bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
venting:

People who send in resumes with grammatical errors and mispelled words.

Figure it out guys! its called spellcheck

Yes that's really bad... At my old job I was looking through resumes for an admin assistant and her e-mail address was: sexypartygurl69@.....com I was like wow, you must be really professional putting that on your resume!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
venting:

Yes that's really bad... At my old job I was looking through resumes for an admin assistant and her e-mail address was: sexypartygurl69@.....com I was like wow, you must be really professional putting that on your resume!!

:lol:

I look at that kind of thing as a helpful hiring aid. If you can't be bothered to get it right when you're trying to make a first impression then you're not the type of person I want working for me.

yep! Those types of things are good filters heh heh

I once had a resume emailed in and the cover letter had this girls whole heartwrenching life story on it..... :unsure:

Ya, you are just the type of boundry b!tch I want on my team! :blink:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

it took me about 4 hours to get home from work today.. it usually takes me about 20 to 30 minutes :angry: :angry:

they had shut down the one side of the freeway all day because a tanker hauling liquid asphalt overturned on the highway blocking the road and spilling the asphalt all over the road....

traffic was crazy.. even the side streets were all jammed up... I almost started crying at one point because I though I would never get home :crying:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
it took me about 4 hours to get home from work today.. it usually takes me about 20 to 30 minutes :angry: :angry:

they had shut down the one side of the freeway all day because a tanker hauling liquid asphalt overturned on the highway blocking the road and spilling the asphalt all over the road....

traffic was crazy.. even the side streets were all jammed up... I almost started crying at one point because I though I would never get home :crying:

That's terrible Marilyn, I feel your pain. When I lived in Toronto I commuted at least an hour each way and sometimes during winter or accidents it would take hours, I used to get such road rage!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Awww Marilyn. How's the car working? First that and now this! You've had a heck of a week. HUGS!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
venting:

I look at that kind of thing as a helpful hiring aid. If you can't be bothered to get it right when you're trying to make a first impression then you're not the type of person I want working for me.

yep! Those types of things are good filters heh heh

I once had a resume emailed in and the cover letter had this girls whole heartwrenching life story on it..... :unsure:

Ya, you are just the type of boundry b!tch I want on my team! :blink:

:o

:lol: That would be awesome.

it took me about 4 hours to get home from work today.. it usually takes me about 20 to 30 minutes :angry::angry:

Wow. Hope no one was hurt. Someone's going to have a mess to clean.

That's terrible Marilyn, I feel your pain. When I lived in Toronto I commuted at least an hour each way and sometimes during winter or accidents it would take hours, I used to get such road rage!!

I remember my girlfriend telling me about trying to get home from Toronto to Burlington the night they shut the trains down a couple of years ago, and there was no traffic getting in or out. She's usually a very mild-mannered easygoing person, but she's been going through menopause so that kind of changes you. Anyway, after hours and hours she had finally made her way down to Longbranch or something (she was coming from the U of T) when they announced that this would be the last GO bus departing that day. So she made her way close to the front of the line and got on the bus when someone called her out on it. I swear to God she sprouted horns and a tail because she turned and snarled at her "Look. I have waited blah blah blah, and, to top it all off, I am in menopause. You don't want to mess with me right now." I guess the look said it all because the girl got scared and backed off. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Well I just wrote my first email to Govenor Crist (Florida's Govenor).

They have been touting this new 'cover florida' health plan, like they have done something wonderful.

Well, umm, over $500 a month for a couple to be basically insured is nothing to tout. So I wrote and told him that. I know that many of you probably pay much more than this, however it's the principal of the thing. I don't care for shallow, false politicians.

We need Ralph!

Timeline

They have been touting this new 'cover florida' health plan, like they have done something wonderful.

Well, umm, over $500 a month for a couple to be basically insured is nothing to tout. So I wrote and told him that. I know that many of you probably pay much more than this, however it's the principal of the thing. I don't care for shallow, false politicians.

We need Ralph!

Psssh! Five hundos a month? What kind of plan is that??? You'd think they would try to make it a little cheaper as a state health care plan.

I only pay 16 dollars a month for our dental and 44 a month for health benefits. I <3 state healthcare!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

We need Ralph!

Psssh! Five hundos a month? What kind of plan is that??? You'd think they would try to make it a little cheaper as a state health care plan.

I only pay 16 dollars a month for our dental and 44 a month for health benefits. I <3 state healthcare!

Wow! that's great!

Well they negotiated with insurance companies basically. The plan I was looking at, well that they had on their website was the basic Doctor visits, some ER visits, ambulance, I mean nothing out of the ordinary - just basic stuff.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

One of the reasons I work for the government, girl! You can't beat that price!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I was just about to post this in the dinner thread, then decided it really belonged in the vent thread.

I haven't been into OT for the longest time. I think maybe once since October, and even then only for a brief moment. It's like a cesspool of slimy flopping fish. (Is it weird that that's the visual I get in my head when I think of OT?) lol

No, sadly it's not weird - because that is an accurate visual no doubt.

I am no prude and I rarely go in to OT, however, sometimes just spotting some of the thread names makes me shake my head.

I am not saying that I am morally or intellectually or in any other way superior - just want to make that clear - I just do not understand what people gain from wallowing in that cesspool.

They ridicule strangers, they admit to their racism and prejudices openly, as if it is ok - and I am sure that wallowing over there with like minded people just reinforces that.

Some of them are cruel and have no compassion and they think it's ok and they defend themselves.

Yesterday, in the bash-overweight-people thread, KimandRuss came in and told her story, of how she had gained a lot of weight and lost it. In the course of telling that story she mentioned that she had gained most of the weight after her Son died.

There is a woman, telling what obviously is a heart breaking story, I believe her intent was to say hey...don't be so quick to judge.

What do you get after that? - more fat bashing and some people just saying hey - way to go on the weight loss - which is not a bad thing - but it breezes by the whole point of her post.

I find that very very disheartening.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I like some of the stuff in OT, but lately, the online proselytizing is getting a bit annoying. I can respect someone that has their beliefs, but why can't they accept that nobody is going to convert over the internet. Or more bluntly, that nobody really cares. I try not to mock them, but I truely find proselytizing insulting.

On another note, working for a very liberal city government, we get great benefits. They pay for our health, vision, and dental insurance, for the employee and their family.

Traffic was absolutely awful everywhere in the L.A. area. It took me just under 2 hours to get home and I was probably about 35 miles away from the accident. Did they clear up that mess finally?

I was just about to post this in the dinner thread, then decided it really belonged in the vent thread.

I haven't been into OT for the longest time. I think maybe once since October, and even then only for a brief moment. It's like a cesspool of slimy flopping fish. (Is it weird that that's the visual I get in my head when I think of OT?) lol

No, sadly it's not weird - because that is an accurate visual no doubt.

I am no prude and I rarely go in to OT, however, sometimes just spotting some of the thread names makes me shake my head.

I am not saying that I am morally or intellectually or in any other way superior - just want to make that clear - I just do not understand what people gain from wallowing in that cesspool.

They ridicule strangers, they admit to their racism and prejudices openly, as if it is ok - and I am sure that wallowing over there with like minded people just reinforces that.

Some of them are cruel and have no compassion and they think it's ok and they defend themselves.

Yesterday, in the bash-overweight-people thread, KimandRuss came in and told her story, of how she had gained a lot of weight and lost it. In the course of telling that story she mentioned that she had gained most of the weight after her Son died.

There is a woman, telling what obviously is a heart breaking story, I believe her intent was to say hey...don't be so quick to judge.

What do you get after that? - more fat bashing and some people just saying hey - way to go on the weight loss - which is not a bad thing - but it breezes by the whole point of her post.

I find that very very disheartening.

Here, here! I didn't see that posting. I'd get too mad if I went and saw it, so I'm going to stay away. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when I mentioned earlier about people I knew from here on VJ and stuff they've said, and I'm like..."whoa! I never thought they thought like that!", that happens here, in the Canada forum as well. Sometimes people from here on this forum are very bad too. Maybe I'm too sensitive (gosh, haven't I been told that before!), maybe it's because I'm older, but some of the things here on VJ, whether it be OT or here on the Canada forum are sometimes disgraceful. Just my opinion.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.