discerned1

Removing from this journey

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry to hear this. Lord Knows what is good for his children. Surely he will see's you thru with more blessing.

May he keep and guide you.

3-21-2007 - MAILED I-129F TO CALIFORNIA CENTER

3-28-2007 - RECEIPT WAS RECIEVED WITH NUMBER

6-04-2007 - I-129F WAS APPROVELED

6-10- 2007- A MAIL WAS RECIEVED WITH APPOVAL

6-22-2007 - A NOTICE MAIL WAS RECIEVED FROM NVC

7-11-2007 - PETITION FORWARDED TO US EMBASSY IN GHANA.

9-18-2007 – MY BABY SENT E-MAIL TO THE CONSULAR FOR RELIESING OF PARKET 3.

9-21-2007 – I CALLED THE US EMBASSY AND THE CO ASKED ME TO COME AND PICK PACKET 3 ON MONDAY

10-11-2007- PICKED UP PACKET 3 & 4 WITH INTERVIEW DATE

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I know that you are upset and he is probably also suffering. I hope you are not making a rash decision. Please take some time and pray on this.

I wish you all the best. :Hugs:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Take care (F)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi all. I am just on here to say thanks for your comments and concerns and things. My fiance, if you want to call him that, and I have split because of his dishonesty and suspicion. He said that he received the medical results on Monday and that he failed. He wouldn't tell me what he failed. He kept acting stuck on stupid. He said that's why he didn't go to the interview. He could have went and probably got a blue slip or something to return and have another medical done and gotten a visa. THE IDIOT! No communication, no working it out. He had me in suspense all day long Tuesday. I even took the day off work to hear from him. Here I was thinking that he was at the interview, when all along he didn't go. He didn't call me or text me or email me, NOTHING. He didn't have the guts to call me when he received the medical results ON MONDAY! We could have called the embassy to reschedule or something.

He took my money which was originally meant for the embassy fee and spent it on things while he was in Lagos. He told me he spent it. Ugh! I tried calling him all day long Tuesday and Wednesday only to have the phone ring and ring. I knew he was nearby because one time I called he turned his phone off in the middle of the ringing. I was in a total state of oblivian all day long!! I didn't know what was going on. Was it something I'd done? Surely, not. All I had given him was my understanding, patience, love, and time...and I've sacrificed a lot for him too. He still wouldn't have told me anything if I hadn't perservered on the situation and almost literally had to beg him to tell me what happened.

Finally, I got a hold of him on Wednesday and he was already back in Port Harcourt! He went through all this almost without telling me about anything?! The JERK! (Excuse my language.) I know that he probably felt intimidated to tell me the whole story about his medicals, but to leave Lagos and go back to Port Harcourt without calling me and letting me know anything was toooootally strange. I am glad that I prepared myself with God's covering throughout this process. If it wasn't for God's saving grace in my life, I probably would have flew me and my mob down to Nigeria to beat him in the head. Three whole years have we known each other and it has come down to this. I can't believe how much he's changed since three years?!...and yes there is more than meets the eye between him and I as well that we went through during this journey. The pretences, the lies, the childishness. I will not go into modified detail here though.

What a fool I was. I just kept calling myself that. God loves this fool, God's grace is sufficient and his mercies are new. I guess you live and you learn. NEVER AGAIN, NEVERRRRRR AGAIN!!!! I am glad also that I didn't find this out during married life! WHEW! Thank you JESUS! You've done it again! God has someone better in store for me. I know that all African men are not like this one, but just be careful out there and pray for discernment and perserverance. Have all your ducks in a row. God never fails. Thank you all for everything. :thumbs:

[center][/center]Citizenship Journey

04/16/12: Package sent to TX LOckbox

Oh gosh that means he must have opened the results he received from the medicals which are suppose to be sealed until the interview. I am so sorry to hear that your journey has ended on this note, you have great courage and strength and time will heal the wounded heart. Stay encouraged and open and you will find LOVE again!!!!!! I have to agree that you have been nothing but encouraging and positive thru out your time here on visa journey.... I wish you nothing but success in the future.

Robin

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Timeline

Actually they give you your results verbally as well as sealing them in the envelope.

Oh gosh that means he must have opened the results he received from the medicals which are suppose to be sealed until the interview. I am so sorry to hear that your journey has ended on this note, you have great courage and strength and time will heal the wounded heart. Stay encouraged and open and you will find LOVE again!!!!!! I have to agree that you have been nothing but encouraging and positive thru out your time here on visa journey.... I wish you nothing but success in the future.

Robin

Discerned1,

I am soo sorry for this thing you are traveling through. I know God has you in has plans sweetie. Everyone comes into our lives for a purpose.. this is all in preparation.

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

I'm so very sorry to hear this, after all you've been through. I pray that God will heal your heart and uplift your spirits. He always provides! Keep the faith! Take care and God bless!

Shanon (F)

09/11/06 (09/12 GMT): Introduced.

12/08-12/14/06: Had a wonderful time visiting Kessington in Senegal.

12/11/06: We became engaged!!!

12/26/06: Mailed I-129F to USCIS TSC. Petition forwarded to CSC.

01/08/07: Receipt date per USCIS.

01/09/07: Check cashed.

01/10/07: Touched.

01/16?/07: Received NOA1 in the mail.

02/20/07: Finally a second touch.

02/21/07: Touched two days in a row!

03/28/07: Touched.

03/29/07: Received an e-mail that USCIS mailed our approval notice on 03/28/07!!

03/31/07: Received NOA2 in the mail.

04/16/07: NVC received approved petition. (Finally!)

04/18/07: Case transferred to embassy in Senegal, according to NVC.

04/21/07: Received snail mail notice from NVC dated 04/19/07 that they recently received our

petition & it would be forwarded w/in a week.

04/24/07: Embassy received approved petition. Signed for by Luc Badiane.

04/25/07: Received e-mail from embassy, in reply to my e-mail from 04/20, stating they've

received our petition & have attached instructions & forms necessary for the interview.

04/26/07: Embassy hadn't contacted my fiance, so I forwarded the e-mail I received from them to him.

06/21/07: INTERVIEW --embassy "confirming my fiance's eligibility for a visa" ???

10/16/07: 2ND INTERVIEW(Please let his visa be granted this time Lord). APPROVED!!!

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

Hello discerned1,

I have to say to you that I am very deeply sorry that you have to go through this. I am an old head on this site, and I don't come around much but every now and then will post a message of encouragement. I feel this is one of those times. You are my hero. You were so much stronger than I was when the truth was staring me in the face. Because I was afraid to take a stand and end my fiasco in the early stages, as of yesterday I am a newly divorced woman. Happily divorced, but the journey to get there was pure HELL! I want to encourage you that all though you have questions that you want answered that may never be, and there is unbearable pain and embarassment, my sister, one day at a time, God will heal your heart. I have learned so much about myself, about people, love and relationships. I take away from my experience that it was intended to prepare me for the man that God intended for me. I am living proof of what happens when you don't wait on God. I am also writing a book about my situation, and I pray that it will protect men and women against the GREEN CARD PREDATORS that prey on lonely vulnerable people. Believe me, this is not a slam at all against any African people. My lineage came through you, so to bash you is to bash myself. But there are a great deal of them who have allowed desparation to corrupt them and cause them to sell their souls to the devil for the all mighty green card. As a matter of fact I have a HUGE crush on a gorgeous man from Ghana, and would get with him in a minute if the situation were condusive to such. So I am not against a relationship with an African man. That's whole other story. Anyway, hold your head up, and do not say you were a fool. True love is never a bad blimish. It's stained when the receiver makes a mockery of the gift you have given them. Now take heart, my dear, because when God brings him, you need to be ready to receive him, because when God gives gifts, He DON'T shop at WAL MART!!!!!!! P.S. Because of your strength, I have to send you a finished autograph copy of my book. I'm sure it will put a smile on your face. Take care. Sonya

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

discerned1 - I'm sorry this has happened to you. I hope you take time to heal and know that God has someone very special in store for you.

Besangin - I just had to laugh at your comment: "As a matter of fact I have a HUGE crush on a gorgeous man from Ghana, and would get with him in a minute if the situation were condusive to such. So I am not against a relationship with an African man" Teehee! Anyway, I'm glad things are finally settled for you and all the mess that you were faced with.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

Yes Kanyiri,

All is well now, EXCEPT, a sister is ready to date!!!!!!!!! So if you want to help that progress, how about asking your hubby to teach me how to tell this man in the Ghana native language, that I think he is hotter than ten active volcanoes, the burning bush, and a bushel of serrano peppers, AND I want to take him out, get him drunk, and have my way with him!!! Just kidding, but I do want to have my way with him!!!! In an innocent sort of way..... MAYBE............ LOL!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son. Such a blessing.

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Yes Kanyiri,

All is well now, EXCEPT, a sister is ready to date!!!!!!!!! So if you want to help that progress, how about asking your hubby to teach me how to tell this man in the Ghana native language, that I think he is hotter than ten active volcanoes, the burning bush, and a bushel of serrano peppers, AND I want to take him out, get him drunk, and have my way with him!!! Just kidding, but I do want to have my way with him!!!! In an innocent sort of way..... MAYBE............ LOL!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son. Such a blessing.

Besangin,

You are too funny, not the burning bush. Are you in the States or in Ghana? You are a breath of fresh air. Keep up the good work, you really made me smile today. Your gift from God can not be taken and from a far I can see it. I would love to purchase your book when it is completed. Let me know.

Constance

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Besangin, glad to read that things are going well for you..yeah I do so love all things Ghanaian....=) :thumbs: Hope all goes with this the Ghanaian man you are eyeing!!!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.