3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I found out today that my Dad is seriously ill and may not live. I want to go home for a while but my new baby doesn't have a passport so I am wondering if it would make more sense to get a US passport or a UK one or does he have to have both?

Kathy (UK) Doug (US)

Met online 03.08.03

1st Holiday together US 8th August 2 weeks

2nd Holiday together 18th december 4 weeks

NOA1 19th April 2004

3rd Holiday together 21st July 4 weeks

NOA2 5th August 2004

Pack 3 arrived 28th August 2004 (or there abouts)

Pack 3 returned 30th September (21 days waiting for police checks)

Just awaiting Pack 4!!!

E-mail 1st November to Embassy

E-mail back same day to say

Interview 15th November

Pack 4 arrived 4th November

Approved 15th November

Arrived in the US 14th December

211 days from NOA1 to approval

Married at last on 26th February 2005

AOS

Sent off all the papers to lock box 4th March

NOA for I-131, I-485 and I-765 recieved 1st April dated 29th March 2005

Biometrics and Fingerprinting Appt. 21st April completed

29th April email approving AP

2nd May email EAD approved

2nd May AOS email that fingerprints have been dealt with and AOS being processed

3rd May AP and EAD arrived in the post

26th May applied for name change on SSN card

5th April new SSN card arrived

28th June AOS 'touched'

9th August NOA interview letter

5th October AOS Interview

YEH! Approved

Fall 2006 discovered I was pregnant!!

Wonderful Baby Boy born April 2007

14th September filed I-751

17th September received NSC

6th October NOA received

11th November Biometrics

18th December APPROVED YEH!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I found out today that my Dad is seriously ill and may not live. I want to go home for a while but my new baby doesn't have a passport so I am wondering if it would make more sense to get a US passport or a UK one or does he have to have both?

Both passports not required and it is probably easiest to get a US passport if he wants to return without any potential visa (or lack thereof) hassles

YMMV

Hi Guys,

I agree with previous post. Get a US passport. One thing to consider is if your baby has dual citizenship, your home country may require you to have a passport to enter. I ran into this issue with my baby. I obtained dual citizenship for her and found out (thankfully with enough time to spare) that in order for her to get into Australia seeing as she was a citizen she needed an Australian passport.

Chris (Colorado) & Caroline (Australia)

Mar 17 2005 Became Conditional Permanent Resident - St Paddys Day

I-751 Application

Jan 9, 2007: Application for removal of conditions received at NSC.

April 1, 2008: Case transferred to CSC

April 9, 2008: Approved!!!! Card is on its way.

April 15, 2008: Received card in the mail. YAY!!!

N-400 Citizenship Application

Mar 19, 2008: Mailed in N-400 Application

Mar 27, 2008: Check cashed

Mar 31, 2008: Received NOA1. Priority Date March 21, 2008

Apr 4, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment letter

Apr 16, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Jun 6, 2008: Received Interview letter

July 14, 2008: Citizenship Interview. Passed. Awaiting oath ceremony date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.