lixtifur

3 months and counting

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

My sunshine(fiance) and I met in the US in April 2006. She left for her visa in September 2006 and returned in Nov 2006 to see me. She left in Feb2007 and was going to return in April 2007, but was not allowed in the country- just because she returned to soon. :crying: I went to a lawyer to start a K1 visa in May 2007. It was finally sent to VSC in July and got my NOA1 on July 12 2007. Since then I went to Peru(her country) and got more evidence. I am going back in December to stay with her for Christmass and her birthday. I think that I should have waited to send the I-129f because I do have more evidence that I went to her country. Now, I am waiting for almost 3 months and I am scared of it getting denied. Does anybody know what the chances are if someone has the evidence below.

-pictures of her and I as well as pictures of her and I with my family

-greeting cards sent from her and I(sent by mail)

-emails

-phone records from her and phone records from me(by the, we are both on a Verizon family share plan)

-picture of her with necklace and engagement ring

-receipt of engagement ring

My lawyer said that a letter of intent to marry is at the interview only. I think I should have one just in case of an RFE. So could anyone please direct me to the correct format of the letter.

Also I filed in July, does anyone know what month VSC is procesing now

I have seen timelines that say "touched". What does that mean and what is BIOMETRICS?

Can anybody please tell me what she has to do in order for the interview

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

All that is great evidence. Do you have copies of your boarding passes?

You should send the letter of intent with the I-129F package and then send an updated one for the interview.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
All that is great evidence. Do you have copies of your boarding passes?

You should send the letter of intent with the I-129F package and then send an updated one for the interview.

Right now, I have copies of everything-Boarding passes, receipt from everything purchased in Peru. I even kept the labels that the airports put on the luggage. However, the lawyer has sent all the evidence I had at the time.

I think that pictures should be the best evidence. After all, Just because somebody goes to a country does not prove anything but they have been to another country.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

The question about what is needed for the petition is a common one on this particular forum. The Guides state:

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist (taken from the Guides page)

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1.

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.