dvddvd

wife's aos and her daughter's k2 (who is following)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello,

my wife came to the states on a fiance visa back in july. we married 3 weeks ago (well within the 90 day window). we have plans to bring her daughter to the states in the very near future. we included her daughter in all of the paperwork for my now wife's k1 fiance visa. (checking the planning to follow box. etc.)

today, i heard that we cannot bring her daughter here on a k2 visa once we have started the adjustment of status process for my wife. is this true? should we get her daughter to the states first and then apply to adjust my wife's status (+ her daughter's)??

i hope this makes sense and that someone here can clarify the process.

thanks,

dvd

Hello,

I have been in the same situation as u....

I couldnt bring my children here on a k2 visa( even thought they were mentioned on the petition and marked as follow to join benefits ).. I am not going to get into details now ...

My advice to you is this : Dont lose time ..it takes one year for the whole process to be completed! If u are the US citizen then U should be the one to petition for ur step daughter ...U have to file the form I -130....

There other links here on VJ to guide u..

To answer ur second question: NO, that is not true !CONTRARY ..ur wife should start her AOS process as soon as possible..

Good luck!

Amalia

my wife came to the states on a fiance visa back in july. we married 3 weeks ago (well within the 90 day window). we have plans to bring her daughter to the states in the very near future. we included her daughter in all of the paperwork for my now wife's k1 fiance visa. (checking the planning to follow box. etc.)

today, i heard that we cannot bring her daughter here on a k2 visa once we have started the adjustment of status process for my wife. is this true? should we get her daughter to the states first and then apply to adjust my wife's status (+ her daughter's)??

i hope this makes sense and that someone here can clarify the process.

thanks,

dvd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

amalia,

i was under the understanding that you do not need to file a i-130 if the child will follow to join within 12 months. the embassy told us that when we are ready, to simply send in the packet 3 materials to the embassy for her daughter to start the interview process.

i'm just wondering if my wife's application to adjust status would effect the above in any way. it sounds like it does not. what do you think?

thanks for your reply

dvd

You are welcome! ..I am glad to hear that the embassy accepted to proccess the K2 visa ..thats good news!

Ur wife should apply to Adjust her Status ..this implication wont affect at all ur step daughter's visa...in fact, it s better if ur wife will become a lawful permanent resident!

Dont worry..go ahead and do it..

Amalia

amalia,

i was under the understanding that you do not need to file a i-130 if the child will follow to join within 12 months. the embassy told us that when we are ready, to simply send in the packet 3 materials to the embassy for her daughter to start the interview process.

i'm just wondering if my wife's application to adjust status would effect the above in any way. it sounds like it does not. what do you think?

thanks for your reply

dvd

that is not true. Start your wife's AOS as soon as possible. Some people might get confused, you might get that from the port of entry, cause they told me that my 2's K-2 were now K-4 cause we got married, kind of crazy, but like always they don't know what they are doing.

I started my husband AOS on 12/03 and they came to USA on March 2005 and did a late filing for them and they are now approved.

Good luck.

Lifting of Conditions - I-751 for My K-1

04/27/07: Mail I-751 to Vermont

04/30/07: Vermont received I-751 (day 1)

05/03/07: Received confirmation of delivered package

05/25/07: Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification Dated 5/18/07 (day 25)

06/11/07: Received NOA1 dated 5/24/07 (day 42)

06/13/07: Received Biometric Appointment Notice dated 6/8/07 for 06/22/07 (day 44)

06/22/07: Biometric Appointment @ 2:00 Done (day 53)

Touches: 6/22, 6/24 = Status: Case received and pending

10/25/07: Card production ordered on 10/24/07 (day 180)

11/02/07: Received 10 Years Green Card..Done...but you know what is next...lol...(188)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.