WaitingWanda

Anyone else currently waiting on I-601 approval from London?

90 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree next year in America! Happy Turkey Day!

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree next year in America! Happy Turkey Day!

I see by your time line, that your bundle of joy is not that far away- only 4 days! I hope you have an eventful delivery and congrats.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all, just wanted to update you from 'the other side'.

All went well with the interview in Dublin after the waiver was granted, got the visa and came back to the US on Friday the 16th of Nov.

Heart was pounding at immigration in Washington D.C. but everything was fine and they didn't so much as bat an eyelid when I handed them the package from the embassy which includes a letter on the waiver being granted apparently.

Its rather weird being back initially - funny how you want something so badly for ages and then you have a sort of culture shock when you get it. But now I'm loving being here again.

Still thinking of you all - it really is the most stressful of times - but it does end!

Take care.

:thumbs:

Timeline

Baby came on Saturday night! He is in hospital with a emergency surgery but doing very good!

Now we hope everything else is okay with the immigration and babies recovery!

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

Baby came on Saturday night! He is in hospital with a emergency surgery but doing very good!

Now we hope everything else is okay with the immigration and babies recovery!

Congratulations to Mum and Dad, and welcome to Baby!!! I hope he continues to do well and grows up to play soccer and baseball!!! LOL

Timeline

haha!

Go Cards!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello Guys! Happy to hear that some of you have heard really good news, and congrats to the new baby!!

Will be starting my london application soon, for both the I - 212 and the I - 601! Wish me luck... :blink:

Any one hear of dissaprovals? I am really frightened..and do not know what I would do if they rejected me!

Also, I heard that some of you have contacted congress man and senators, how did you guys do that? Were they personal friends?

My case isnt' that easy..but I believe we have very strong points...hopefully it will be enough!

Have a great weekend all..

Filed: Other Timeline

Anyone can contact their local Congressman. The USC can go directly to the website for their State's Congressman and it usually has a link for Immigration Help or something similar. (Sometimes it says help with Federal Organization etc.)

If you are rejected, you can either have your USC spouse move to your country or pick a 3rd country to live in (like Canada). But think positive!

They publish a list of number of applicants vs. how many approvals each year. I'll try to find the link so you know what you are up against.

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

that link wasn't very encouraging!! 886 Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude and only 220 were overcome...so we have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting through...the only thing that keeps me hopeful after that is that on the day of his interview, my husband was told by an Embassy worker that they "give visas to people with worse records all the time." Let's hope he wasn't just being kind...

Filed: Other Timeline

I wouldn't be disheartened. You don't know what others were trying to overcome. There's a one in four chance at a minimum for your case, but like the case officer said it could be a LOT higher! I would only be worried if it said 0 overcome!

Keep your hopes up! It isn't over 'til it's over.

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Finally got my decision from the Embassy last week and they denied my I-601 waiver request. :cry:

My wife and I were convinced we had a good case and really didn't see this coming. Considering an appeal but realize it would be a long shot ... just don't want to give up, you know.

Everyone still on the list, keep the faith! :thumbs:

Timeline

Sorry to hear your bad news....we were there before. Keep your spirits up! Hopefullly this time for us it will be a approval though.

We have been waiting about 12 weeks this time around. This time we have a much better case even though last time we thought it was a strong case it really is this time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.