spidergirl

Driving experience

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, i moved here in Las Vegas on February and i got my GC last August 6. Now i enrolled in a driving school and im now on my 4th day of my driving lessons and its my last day tomorrow, im doing good but not better. My Road test with DMV was scheduled on October 10. I still have problems on turning and breaking distances.

I'm looking foreward to hear from your experiences and your advices. Do you think its too early to take the Road test?

Thank you all

Edited by spidergirl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, i moved here in Las Vegas on February and i got my GC last August 6. Now i enrolled in a driving school and im now on my 4th day of my driving lessons and its my last day tomorrow, im doing good but not better. My Road test with DMV was scheduled on October 10. I still have problems on turning and breaking distances.

I'm looking foreward to hear from your experiences and your advices. Do you think its too early to take the Road test?

Thank you all

wow we're on the same page lol... i had my first lesson last week and cant practice with my husband coz he's a freak if he is the 2nd driver... so after for 4 days worth of driving (2hrs/day road practice), my instructor told me to try to get my license test and its gona be this coming monday :help: lol... im not perfect either, i suck at some points and good at some points but he said anyways to try it out coz in his mind he thinks im "ready" (hmmm i dont know about that lol)... i panic and lose confident when im in a busy traffic but what the heck good luck to us :thumbs: lol... hopefully we'll make it...

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Thank you so much for fast reply Ronmay, you give me confidence.

Well good luck to us! Update me the result of your license test on Monday. God Bless you!

Edited by spidergirl

lol, I'm looking forward to teaching Annie how to drive. It should be fun.

Luckily, being in Kansas, I can find her lots of good wide open spaces to start learning in, and the start with easy traffic, and then get into heavier traffic later.

Good luck to both of you, Hope you have great success on your tests.

If it's going to be, it's up to me!

LoveLine (aka Timeline)

January 2005 - Met Annie online

February 13th 2006 - Met in Real - WOW!! Ikaw maganda!

February 14th 2006 - Proved I was really serious, proposed to Annie - She said "Yes"

February 2006 - January 2007 - Both working, saving, planning. Continuously chasing Annie online, on phone...

January 22, 2007 - February 4th, 2007 - Together again in Philippines, working on paperwork, visiting family.

February 27th 2007 - I-129F Mailed to Nebraska

March 6th - NOA1 Received.

May 23rd - NOA2, Received Approval Email

June 14th - Receive letter from NVC, packet on the way to Manila Embassy

July 30th - Annie receives packet from Embassy, appointment scheduled for September.

August 29th - Annie survives Blood Draw, Injections, and successfully completes Medical at St. Lukes.

September 13th - Annie is a huge success at the Embassy, SHE IS APPROVED!

September 20th - Visa in Hand, tickets purchased..

December 18th - Jumped on Airplane, Philippines for Christmas and New Year's.

December 27th - CFO Seminar Succesfully Completed

January 8th - Jumped on Airplane to USA together, Seattle POE, arrived home to Kansas.

March 14, 2008 - Married

May 19, 2008 - AOS NOA1 Recieved, Biometrics scheduled for June 18.

Claudeth's driving education ended when she drove the Mustang into the side of Del Taco :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Husband is a terrible driving instructor :no::no::no: I had my lessons with my hubby and those times, he got me so nervous. :lol: The best way to give you a feel of driving is riding your lawn mower. It's almost the same, only the mower is so small. Hubby said, as long as I cannot avoid hitting trees, running over hoses, ending up on a ditch and screaming to high heavens whenever I run over plants with our riding mower, I'm not ready for another lesson. :whistle::whistle::whistle: Today is our mowing day and I'm so looking forward to it. :dance:

BTW, my husband is a retired highway patrol trooper... Since he used to implement law on the road, imagine how strict he is when it comes to driving. :whistle:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just like to share with you guys my blog on my driving experience.... it's kinda long but pls be patient.

We had set saturday night this week for our movie date. We went to see the movie 3:10 to Yuma last night. It was a good movie and we both enjoyed it.

Flashback scenes before going to the movie. Checked out the net for the schedules of the cinemas at Randolph Mall at Asheboro and Sandhills Cinemas at Southern Pines. Asheboro is less than 30 mins drive from home while Southern Pines is 45 mins away. 3:10 to Yuma is not available at Randolph Mall so we decided to go to Southern Pines and set to see the 7:15pm screening.

As usual, I'm the designated chaueffer. We left the house around 5:45 and I manuevered my way to the country road on my big buddy Buick. Between driving and singing my worship song in the car. We changed route this time. We used Lakey Siding Road from the usual Old Plank Road which I became so familiar with that I've memorized every curve it has. I'm scared of Lakey Siding Road because it's narrow, has this very steep and curvy road. I dread passing through that road. It makes every bones in my body chill and I feel that it will take time for me to get used to it.

I think it was a smooth ride and don't ask my husband about it because he'll never compliment me despite getting to our destination in one piece hehehehe Yes it was a good ride, with my occasional drifting and steering wheel wobbling or my speed limit dropping off I'm happy with my performance this time. Indeed practice makes perfect. We made it to Highway 2427 then 215 and then Southern Pines. Oh I also hate the traffic especially at the circle which I have to yield to ongoing traffic. I survived that one too.

Ok now we're at Southern Pines, hubby said he's hungry and we have to swing by the Chinese Resto to have dinner. I decided against it. I ate sandwhich and left over salad from the other night before we left home (while he's taking a nap). We went instead to Fresh Market to buy a roasted beef sandwhich and drink for my already starving husband. We like Fresh Market it's beautiful, a little expensive, and I guess it's a high-end store that caters to the mostly rich Yankees that has migrated to Southern Pines and it's neighboring golf course villages.

We got my husband's take-out food. Now the trouble was I didn't bring my purse and food is not allowed inside the theather. Had I have it with me we could simple hide it inside and he could have a good time eating a roast beef sandwhich inside the cinemas. Well what he did was eat while I steered the car to the parking lot. I found a good spot away from other cars. At the far end corner but unfortunately someone got beside me that quick or I was slow that I found out we're no longer alone in my little corner. Geez hubby's eatin' while I was drivin' has to be careful and give him time to munch on his big take-out that can't be taken inside the movie house hehehehe

Got to the cinema and the movie was finished by 9:30.

Now it's night time driving for me. It's my first time. As usual my husband has to help me get out of the maze while I gingerly zigzag my way out of the parking lot and off to the road. It was a struggle for me. I literally prayed the whole time that I was driving. My eyes give me additional trouble or so I guess but I think I was finding excuse for my sloppy driving or I was uncomfortable driving at night. There's the usual cussing from my husband who totally think that Colby his (9 yr old grandson) is far better driver than me. My errors as my husband put it, are too many to count. I clicked the highbeam light together with right hand signal and within distance from another car on the other side of the road (it was a dangerous thing mind you) or I was too fast while passing a state trooper and boy you could imagine the horror on my husband's face. I still get the usual flank. You can't be sensitive with him or else the marriage will be out in the drain and I'l be heading home ASAP back to the Phils.

He has constantly chastised me especially with my backing and going into the curve that I actually got used to it or I'm just taking it all in stride. Most times tears will just roll down my face while driving while your husband thought your a "dummy" for not listening to his yakking. "Give me some gas", or "you're drifting to the yellow lane", "what's that dumb move" or "you'll get both of us killed" and all that dialogue that one time pushed me to the edge and put the brakes, stopped on the side of the road and slammed the door and moved to the passenger seat. There was total silence for an hour. After the heat subsided I reclaimed my driving seat.

This night was no exception, I was thinking that he will be good to me considering that this was the first time that I will be doing it. He wasn't that bad at all he didn't let me go through my dreaded Lakey Siding Road. Still, we managed to get home safely. And I survived night driving!

Arrival in the US 02-22-07

Married 04-05-07

Filed AOS/EAD 04-25-07 (priority mail)

Received at Chicago lockbox 04-28-07

Check encashed 05-02-07

Received biometrics letter 05-10-07

Biometrics sked 06-1-07 @ Charlotte, NC

Transferred to CSC 06-01-07

CRIS email confirming transfer to CSC 06-08-07

Touched 06-10-07 (Someone is working on a sunday)

EAD approval 7-9 (CRIS email received 7-14)

AOS 1st touched 7-17 pm since transfer to CSC

AOS 2nd touched 7-18 am

AOS 3rd touched 7-19 around 9am then around 12:48 CRIS email came AOS card prodution!

AOS 4th touched 7-20 9:27am Welcome letter

AOS welcome letter in the mail 7/21

EAD card received 7/21

Green card received 7/26

Immigration free till 7/18/09

I-751

Sent application 04-18-09

Check cashed on 04-22-09

Received on 05-05-09

Received Bio Sked 05-14-09

Bio Schedule 06-01-09

And then the wait.....

*** ps didn't apply for SS id or driver's permit not until 8 days before my I-94 expired and was told to wait for my EAD or greencard which ever comes first huh!

*** apply for SSS, driver's license passed 7/23

Malditang Pinay

www.maldita12.blogspot.com

Timeline
Husband is a terrible driving instructor :no::no::no: I had my lessons with my hubby and those times, he got me so nervous. :lol: The best way to give you a feel of driving is riding your lawn mower. It's almost the same, only the mower is so small. Hubby said, as long as I cannot avoid hitting trees, running over hoses, ending up on a ditch and screaming to high heavens whenever I run over plants with our riding mower, I'm not ready for another lesson. :whistle::whistle::whistle: Today is our mowing day and I'm so looking forward to it. :dance:

BTW, my husband is a retired highway patrol trooper... Since he used to implement law on the road, imagine how strict he is when it comes to driving. :whistle:

--Mae

You're right Mae, husbands and terrible instructor, thats why my husband enrolled me in driving school. I wish we have that kind of mower for me to learn to drive, unfortunately that kind of mower is not allowed in our neighborhood. Good luck!

Timeline
Just like to share with you guys my blog on my driving experience.... it's kinda long but pls be patient.

We had set saturday night this week for our movie date. We went to see the movie 3:10 to Yuma last night. It was a good movie and we both enjoyed it.

Flashback scenes before going to the movie. Checked out the net for the schedules of the cinemas at Randolph Mall at Asheboro and Sandhills Cinemas at Southern Pines. Asheboro is less than 30 mins drive from home while Southern Pines is 45 mins away. 3:10 to Yuma is not available at Randolph Mall so we decided to go to Southern Pines and set to see the 7:15pm screening.

As usual, I'm the designated chaueffer. We left the house around 5:45 and I manuevered my way to the country road on my big buddy Buick. Between driving and singing my worship song in the car. We changed route this time. We used Lakey Siding Road from the usual Old Plank Road which I became so familiar with that I've memorized every curve it has. I'm scared of Lakey Siding Road because it's narrow, has this very steep and curvy road. I dread passing through that road. It makes every bones in my body chill and I feel that it will take time for me to get used to it.

I think it was a smooth ride and don't ask my husband about it because he'll never compliment me despite getting to our destination in one piece hehehehe Yes it was a good ride, with my occasional drifting and steering wheel wobbling or my speed limit dropping off I'm happy with my performance this time. Indeed practice makes perfect. We made it to Highway 2427 then 215 and then Southern Pines. Oh I also hate the traffic especially at the circle which I have to yield to ongoing traffic. I survived that one too.

Ok now we're at Southern Pines, hubby said he's hungry and we have to swing by the Chinese Resto to have dinner. I decided against it. I ate sandwhich and left over salad from the other night before we left home (while he's taking a nap). We went instead to Fresh Market to buy a roasted beef sandwhich and drink for my already starving husband. We like Fresh Market it's beautiful, a little expensive, and I guess it's a high-end store that caters to the mostly rich Yankees that has migrated to Southern Pines and it's neighboring golf course villages.

We got my husband's take-out food. Now the trouble was I didn't bring my purse and food is not allowed inside the theather. Had I have it with me we could simple hide it inside and he could have a good time eating a roast beef sandwhich inside the cinemas. Well what he did was eat while I steered the car to the parking lot. I found a good spot away from other cars. At the far end corner but unfortunately someone got beside me that quick or I was slow that I found out we're no longer alone in my little corner. Geez hubby's eatin' while I was drivin' has to be careful and give him time to munch on his big take-out that can't be taken inside the movie house hehehehe

Got to the cinema and the movie was finished by 9:30.

Now it's night time driving for me. It's my first time. As usual my husband has to help me get out of the maze while I gingerly zigzag my way out of the parking lot and off to the road. It was a struggle for me. I literally prayed the whole time that I was driving. My eyes give me additional trouble or so I guess but I think I was finding excuse for my sloppy driving or I was uncomfortable driving at night. There's the usual cussing from my husband who totally think that Colby his (9 yr old grandson) is far better driver than me. My errors as my husband put it, are too many to count. I clicked the highbeam light together with right hand signal and within distance from another car on the other side of the road (it was a dangerous thing mind you) or I was too fast while passing a state trooper and boy you could imagine the horror on my husband's face. I still get the usual flank. You can't be sensitive with him or else the marriage will be out in the drain and I'l be heading home ASAP back to the Phils.

He has constantly chastised me especially with my backing and going into the curve that I actually got used to it or I'm just taking it all in stride. Most times tears will just roll down my face while driving while your husband thought your a "dummy" for not listening to his yakking. "Give me some gas", or "you're drifting to the yellow lane", "what's that dumb move" or "you'll get both of us killed" and all that dialogue that one time pushed me to the edge and put the brakes, stopped on the side of the road and slammed the door and moved to the passenger seat. There was total silence for an hour. After the heat subsided I reclaimed my driving seat.

This night was no exception, I was thinking that he will be good to me considering that this was the first time that I will be doing it. He wasn't that bad at all he didn't let me go through my dreaded Lakey Siding Road. Still, we managed to get home safely. And I survived night driving!

Fish, its just part of learning. My husband is also like that, he's yelling and cussing everytime i make a mistake on my driving, but i know that he loves me and he's just concern. Good luck to you!

yup loveones are not really advisable to be the driving instructor lol... i was excited to let him see my driving progress so i offered to drive last week to buy a snowboard pass/card... i was driving at the neighborhood when he caught me staring at my sideview mirror long enough (i didnt know if he adjusted the mirror or not when he drove my car the night before coz he knows i havent practice driving at night so i was just making sure... oh yes we went to watch "3:10 to yuma" too that night lol) then he commented like "i dont watch where im going and i stared at the mirror too long that i should have adjusted it before we left the house..." grrrr... really makes me feel that he thinks i dont know what im doing so i get so defensive and asked him if he would rather drive coz he never "trust" me blah blah blah drama ever ang bata :unsure: lol... so that was it he said i'll never drive with him tell i get my license coz he gets paranoid sitting on a passenger seat and il just have to call the instructor whenever i want to practice driving... :blush:

good thing im not alone in terms of dealing our hubby while driving... im so ok in my driving when im not so pressured like the instructor will just let me drive but with loveones, gosh every step is nerve racking

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't think Andre was ready for the written; but he took it anyhow. 3 tries later, he passed it.

I didn't think Andre was ready for the driving part; but he took it anyhow. On the 2nd try, He got a nice state trooper who let him do some things twice in order to get it right and he passed.

He's been driving almost 8 months now and he still scares the bejesus out of me all the time!!!!! Can't wait for the ice and snow to come!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

There are good reasons for learning to drive safely:

Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

On the lighter side, here is a link to a Driver's Education game:

http://www.venisproductions.com/games/drivers_ed.html

If it is up and running!!

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

and so i have my license test this morning and i was late and yes blame it to my husband :wacko: lol... first thing the guy asked me to do was to make a freakin U-turn which by the way my drivinng instructor never teach me how to do it, then im using a gt mustang which when u hit the gas it will jerk u off and he made some minus points with that lol i made some errors especially im not familiar with the road (i know making some excuses blah blah blah lol)... then after all that we went back to where we started and asked me to park the car the way as before which is the parallel parking i never knew he was grading on my parking knowledge too, coz guess what? my driving instrutor didnt teach it to me and he said that im ready to take a license test! so all in all got 20 mistakes. BUT the guy said its my lucky day coz the lowest allowable mistakes is 20... so i just barely make it :blush::dance: lol... but then doesnt mean i can drive alone now coz my husband wouldnt allow me to and im cool with it. even before i took the license test my husband already made an appointment to my driving instructor to still teach me everything for at least another week on the road...

just glad i pass the test and done with the dmv for now... even though i cant officially drive alone yet :whistle:

spidergirl good luck to you!!! i know you'll be fine too... look at me 20 mistakes lol and still got it, just dont be nervous too much coz one of the reasons i have so much errors coz of my nervousness that leads me to lack of focus... :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

i have trouble on parking the car perfectly.

as do most of the freak'n morons who drive. Welcome to a club of many!

Edited by BJZags

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.