Britchick

what would u ask relatives to bring from the UK

41 posts in this topic

I have family coming over from England in a few weeks. Of course they have asked , so what do u want us to bring u from here?

Here's what I have come up with so far....weetabix, white musk from the body shop, sarsons vinegar, a bag of fish and chips, galaxy chocolate, crunchies, some pics of the good ole english countryside and christmas crackers!! I know some of them are unrealistic for them to bring....but they asked what i wanted so.......!!

So what would u have people bring over for u???

Edited by Britchick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have family coming over from England in a few weeks. Of course they have asked , so what do u want us to bring u from here?

Here's what I have come up with so far....weetabix, white musk from the body shop, sarsons vinegar, a bag of fish and chips, galaxy chocolate, crunchies, some pics of the good ole english countryside and christmas crackers!! I know some of them are unrealistic for them to bring....but they asked what i wanted so.......!!

Well, the US has a Body Shop so, unless they don't carry that particular fragrance, I wouldn't worry about that. ;)

Me? Marmite and Cadbury's Flakes. Not together, obviously! :lol:

Chocolate.

And once they've filled their extra case with that, I'd ask for more chocolate in the carry on.

A little chocolate stuffed in shirt and pants pockets is okay with me too.

:lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I alays get people to bring me Bisto gravy granuals (chicken and beef), Kenco coffee, Scottish blend Tea Bags, Hob Nobs, Gallaxy Chocolate and a whole box of Sports Mixture Gums....

I have found I can buy Ambrosia Custard, Heinz Baked Beans and a few other goodies from my local supermarket... but they cost mega $$$.

Kez

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

But it'll be all melty! :lol:

Branston Pickle. My cheese and crackers are not the same without it! And I also love those little battenburg cakes.

Oh, I'll add battenburg to my list too. LOVE marzipan. Mmmnnnnnn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Annie would say that we can never have enough Galaxy chocolate in the house.

You may want to see if there is a World Market near you. They have a great selection of 'international' foods and we find quite bit there. We have seen weetabix plenty of places.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

I am pretty sure you can find the Veggie Chips at The World Market...the dip, probably not!! *smile*

Chris says he wants tiger bread...Morrisons baked beans...I want red liecester! Yummo.

his pants. He needs pants (we decided that last night) But he likes Marks and Sparks ones...

lots of things! mmmmmm cheese

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Tell em to bring everything but the kitchen sink!

I always pack a suitcase full of food when I come back to the USA from the UK, here r but a few things,,,,,,,

WARBURTONS CRUMPETS

POTATO CAKES

OVEN BOTTOMS - BAPS WHATEVER YOU LIKE TO CALL EM

GALAXY RIPPLES

WALNUT WHIPS

MACLEANS TOOTHPASTE IN A PUMP

PARACETAMOL

SAVLON

VIMPTO SUGAR FREE- IT NOW COMES IN A PLASTIC BOTTLE

MALTESTERS

LANCASHIRE DISH CLOTHS

SMITHS SALT AND SHAKE CRISPS

WALKERS CRISPS

GINGER NUTS

COUGH CANDY TWIST

YORKSHIRE PUDDING MIX

DUMPLING MIX

AT CHRISMAS TIME - MINCEMEAT FOR MINCE PIES

CHRISTMAS CRACKERS

CHRISTMAS PUDDING

CUSTARD MIX

BRANDY CUSTARD MIX

TRIFLE SPONGES

HARTLEYS JELLY

TEA BAGS

And anything else I can cram in!

Also I don't know if any of you are lucky enough to live near them but there are a few tescos open over here, under another name,,,,,don't know what its like but there is no place on earth than the real tescos! oh and Marks & Spencer too!

http://www.freshandeasy.com/home.aspx

I don't know what it is over here but I hate the smell of the supermarkets, all of them smell horrid, puts me off spending much time in the place never mind the food you CAN'T buy in them,,,,,why is it you go to a resturant and the bread is decent and when you buy bread in the suprmarket/deli/bakery its terrible??????

The long and winding road,,,,,,

03/03/04 - I-129F received at VSC

08/03/04 - Date of NOA1

24/04/04 - Approval online email (46 day35 Business day

28/04/04 - Received NOA2 by mail

03/05/04 - NVC fowards petition to London Embassy

14/05/04 - Received Packet 3

26/05/04 - Received Packet 4

01/06/04 - Interview @ London Embassy

01/06/04 - WAS APPROVED FOR VISA!

02/06/04 - Passport inclusive of visa delivered

13/06/04 - Here in the US of A!

31/07/04 - Officially engaged!

28/08/04 - Married

30/08/04 - Filed AOS, EAD, sent via Fed-Ex

02/09/04 - Applied for SSN in married name

10/09/04 - SSN arrives

08/09/04 - NOA for EAD & AOS

30/09/04 - Biometics & Fingerprinting Appointment

10/11/04 - Received approval via email for EAD

13/11/04 - Very happily blessed in Florida with Family present - special day!

16/11/04 - EAD arrives in post

01/03/05 - Posted AP

24/03/05 - NOA1 of AP

20/05/05 - Advance Parole arrived

19/09/05 - Case transferred to CSC

08/11/05 - Approved for AOS at CSC

12/11/05 - Welcome to america letter arrives!

15/11/05 - Green Card Arrives

REMOVE CONDITIONS

07/08/07 - Applied to Vermont for 2 years conditions removed I-751

22/08/07 - Check cashed

23/08/07 - Received I-797 Notice of action in post

04/09/07 - NOA Date

02/10/07 - Biometrics

02/10/07 - Touched- checked at 6:45 PM

03/10/07 - Touched

28/03/08 - Received Email - 10 Year green card approved

CITIZENSHIP

11/08/08 - Sent N-400 application to become a citizen to VERMONT

16/08/08 - Cheque cashed by Vermont

18/08/08 - NOA1 N-400

17/09/08 - Biometrics

09/12/08 - Interview and oath taken at newark

DONE!

his pants. He needs pants (we decided that last night) But he likes Marks and Sparks ones...

Ditto on the Marks pants! I'm flying out on Saturday for 6 days in the UK and a trip to M&S for pants and their scoopneck T-shirts is on the books. Seriously, I have never owned a better or more flattering T-shirt than their scoopneck one...and it only costs five quid!

Oh, and I will be bringing back some Bart Thai Green Curry paste. I went to Stop & Shop, assuming I could just pick some up because hey! it's in every bleedin' Tesco and Sainsbury's but I went home empty handed. I could buy Ambrosia custard and Heinz baked beans there but no curry paste. Oh the humanity! :(

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

But it'll be all melty! :lol:

And the problem with that is...?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Branston Pickle. My cheese and crackers are not the same without it! And I also love those little battenburg cakes. And Murray Mints.

My locel grocery store carries Branston! $6.50 but hey, it's worth it.

I alays get people to bring me Bisto gravy granuals (chicken and beef), Kenco coffee, Scottish blend Tea Bags, Hob Nobs, Gallaxy Chocolate and a whole box of Sports Mixture Gums....

I have found I can buy Ambrosia Custard, Heinz Baked Beans and a few other goodies from my local supermarket... but they cost mega $$$.

Kez

http://www.worldmarket.com/home.jsp

If you have a Cost Plus near you, they carry lots of Brit stuff, including tea & HobNobs & choccie.

Oh, and I will be bringing back some Bart Thai Green Curry paste.

I asked my mum to bring over some of the Bart red & green curry sauces (the ones that come in a plastic 'bag')... I was soooo looking forward to eating that stuff again. Apparently Sainsbury's had run out, so she brought me their own-brand stuff, one red and one green, in their plastic bags... I made the green one the other day, it was utterly, utterly #######. Hideous watery stuff that bore no resemblance to green curry at all.

And yeah, I know you can make thai curry easily enough, but I wanted my bag of Barts! I also asked for Loyd Grossman's tomato & chili pasta sauce, but she forgot that - tsk! :crying:

All this talk of food reminds me - I wish Dr_LHA was still here, I remember him posting something about Bovril not being available over here because of the BSE thing, but... I wanted to tell him, I saw some Bovril in a local place the other day. Vile stuff! (Oh, I also saw South African marmite... who knew they had marmite in South Africa? It has an orange label, y'know...).

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Oh, and I will be bringing back some Bart Thai Green Curry paste.

I asked my mum to bring over some of the Bart red & green curry sauces (the ones that come in a plastic 'bag')... I was soooo looking forward to eating that stuff again. Apparently Sainsbury's had run out, so she brought me their own-brand stuff, one red and one green, in their plastic bags... I made the green one the other day, it was utterly, utterly #######. Hideous watery stuff that bore no resemblance to green curry at all.

And yeah, I know you can make thai curry easily enough, but I wanted my bag of Barts! I also asked for Loyd Grossman's tomato & chili pasta sauce, but she forgot that - tsk! :crying:

All this talk of food reminds me - I wish Dr_LHA was still here, I remember him posting something about Bovril not being available over here because of the BSE thing, but... I wanted to tell him, I saw some Bovril in a local place the other day. Vile stuff! (Oh, I also saw South African marmite... who knew they had marmite in South Africa? It has an orange label, y'know...).

you can probably see DR_lha on one of the other sites.

Tesco here is know as Fresh and Easy, its starting in So California. They are not going to have a lot of 'British' foods.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.