lixtifur

Going crazy

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I have met my fiancee April 2006 while she was in the US on a B1/B2 visa. In September 2006 she left for her visa card. In November 2006 she came back to the United States to see me. In Feb07 She left again and tried to return in April 2007. She had to return to her country because she came back to soon(she paid for everrything). I went to a lawyer and he suggested I start a Fiancee visa. So I gathered all the evidence that I had at the time:

-pictures

-emails

-2 letters from friends,

-phone records from her and I and explanation of my phone cards

-greeting cards from her and I(sent by mail)

-picture of her with engagement ring and necklace

-receipt of engagement ring

since she was in US when I met her I did not have any proof of going out of the country. The lawyer has sent the i-129f application. Since then I have been to her country and have more evidence. I am going crazy because it has been two months(July07) already since the application was sent. I received a i-797c. Is this the NOA1?

Because I did not have as much evidence as I do now, Is that going to be a problem?

Also, I cannot understand why this is taking so long. I should be allowed to be with my fiancee. Do these Fiancee visa really work? When do I have to show my AOS?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes the i-797c is the notice of action (NOA1). If you are a July filer, you are looking at anywhere from 4 to 6 months (on average) for approval.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Timeline
I have met my fiancee April 2006 while she was in the US on a B1/B2 visa. In September 2006 she left for her visa card. In November 2006 she came back to the United States to see me. In Feb07 She left again and tried to return in April 2007. She had to return to her country because she came back to soon(she paid for everrything). I went to a lawyer and he suggested I start a Fiancee visa. So I gathered all the evidence that I had at the time:

-pictures

-emails

-2 letters from friends,

-phone records from her and I and explanation of my phone cards

-greeting cards from her and I(sent by mail)

-picture of her with engagement ring and necklace

-receipt of engagement ring

since she was in US when I met her I did not have any proof of going out of the country. The lawyer has sent the i-129f application. Since then I have been to her country and have more evidence. I am going crazy because it has been two months(July07) already since the application was sent. I received a i-797c. Is this the NOA1?

Because I did not have as much evidence as I do now, Is that going to be a problem?

Also, I cannot understand why this is taking so long. I should be allowed to be with my fiancee. Do these Fiancee visa really work? When do I have to show my AOS?

Thank you

What does the i-797c say? Does it say 'your case has been rec'd....yadda yadda yadda?' Yes, that is your NOA1. Look in the upper right corner...does it not say 'notice of action'?

You can open an acct on USCIS.gov to see the status of your case. You can also request to get email updates...

As far as evidence being sufficient, if it's not, you will get a request for further evidence...

You will kick yourself to know that if you two decided to pursue marriage before she left the US (imp clarification: but AFTER she gained entry to the US with NO INTENT to immigrate upon entry)...you could have married, then just applied for AOS after the marriage.

2 mos is not long. Fill out your timeline and then do a 'find similar timelines' search so you can see people who are closest to you. For instance, I filed our K1 in July, and thusfar have only rec'd the NOA1.

Seems to me you need to either direct these questions to your attorney, or start educating yourself on the intricasies of the process and the time it takes, so that you can prevent 'going crazy' later.

Good luck!

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The evidence shouldn't be a problem for the intial stage of the application. Doesn't take much, just photos and proof that you have met in the past 2 years (plane tickets, photos, copy of her visa, ect...) You will know soon if you get a RFE....

The rest of the proof will be required at the imigration interview. Your fiance will have to prove an ongoing relationship that is genuine and not simply for imigration purposes, which requires new evidence between the date of application and the interview. Just keep records of skype, messaging services, or phone calls btwn now and when she has her interview. Also keep the envelopes for any letters you may send back and forth or boarding passes for any visits.

Not that we aren't willing to help :P but if you have a lawyer, use him/her and pester them with questions... what else are you paying them for? ;)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.