moon1968

Unoffical Update....

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wanted to give an update on my case........

Ok so we have been put on AP.....Our interview was on sep 20th....Had all papers and documents but still on AP due to fact that he had spent time in Libya......That is what the NVC office in Washington DC told me......My case was already forwarded that same day and in the DC office by friday the 21st.......They have already put it through and the investagation has already started.......My first reaction was being totally devasted......after the shock set in and I made the phone calls im beginnig to feel much better......I cant explaine to you why but for some reason this feeling of peace has come over me and I am much more relaxed.......I really belive that due to the fact that my case has already been forwarded and back here in the US insted of being kept in Lagos just sitting there waiting for some one to do something with it, that its not going to take very long.......If anyone knows that I am just fooling myself PLEASE tell me.........I do not want to sit myself up for another big disapointment......The NVC office in DC told me that the investagation is taking place here all through the computer.......How long really can that take???? they are only checking on one thing ...........But again I dont want to sit myslef up for another fall and want to keep my head in reality......Also today at work I talked with a man that used to work at an embassy in another country and he told me that we are correct......It all depends on what interviewer you get.......If you get one in a good mood then you will be ok.....if you get one in bad mood or just wants to go home then you might be out of luck........He also confirmed that since my case is here already under investagation that it should not take longer then a month.......So Wish me all the best and I will keep you posted as to any new developments..........For now Im at peace and going to bed feeling a little better....more relaxed and confident, Filled with hope......thanks to everyone that has offered their words of encourgenment ....It has really helped...... :) Not dancing in the streets yet but happier ....LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:hugs:

Keep up your spirits and good luck with the process!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is my prayer this speed up in time. I have you and your hubby in my prayers. Lift your head up and surely the good Lord will see you thru.look on to HIM and all shall be well.

Wishing you good luck in the Lord

AFTRIKCHILD

3-14-2007 - MAILED I-129F TO CALIFORNIA CENTER

3-21-2007 - RECEIPT WAS RECIEVED WITH NUMBER

5-28-2007 - I-129F WAS APPROVELED

6-1- 2007- - A MAIL WAS RECIEVED WITH APPOVAL

6-20-2007 - A NOTICE MAIL WAS RECIEVED FROM NVC

7-18-2007 - PETITION FORWARDED TO US EMBASSY IN GHANA.

8-2 -2007 - US EMBASSY IN GHANA DENIED OF RECIEVEN NOT THE PETITION.

9-04-2007 - E-MAIL WAS RECIEVED THEY ARE ON PEPPER WORKS.

9-21-2007 - WENT TO THE US EMBASSY WITH THE NOTICE FROM NVC, SAME PEPPER WORK STORY.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Moon, If you post in the mena forum you may get a response on how long others have waited on security checks, just keep in mind everyones

case is unique.

There is a backlog with FBI security checks and I don't know if it matters that your case came from Lagos instead of other mena countries on to

Wa.

I don't know if all security checks in Wa are put in the same pot or separated by country as far as next in line is concerned.

Glad you are feeling hopeful and at peace. This process is a roller coaster of emotions and eventually you will settle in with occasional

sad moments.

For a while I was like a deer caught in the headlights, almost paralyzed to live life.

I have joined a gym and continue to try to live my life doing things I enjoy........one day at a time.

I have accepted the fact that it takes as long as it takes. Remember Gods timing is best.

Timeline

Omoba,

Thank you and everyone else that replys. It helps to read everyones words of ecourgement....Im going to call them again on Monday (tomorrow)... From what I understand our case is not waiting in line but rather the investagation has already started.......The NVC office has already sent it out for investagation.....Dont know if that makes a difference but I will try to find out more on monday.......Just to let everyone know just being able to come to the computer and read what everyones posted really helps and makes me feel like I am doing something.....Thank you Thank you.....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Moon,

It does sound like your case is in good shape since it has already been sent back to Washington, so I hope and pray that the AR will be done soon.....Thanks for keeping us updated and its good to hear that you are in good spirits-thats the best approach to have in trying times!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Moon

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep thinking positively!!!

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Offical update...... :dance: Im going to go out and dance in the street this mor.....LOL LOL ... Called the DC office and with in less then 1day and a half they recieved, started, and almost completed the investagation.....They told me I would be hearing from the Embassy very soon. Was told that the less time it takes for them to investagate generally means that nothing was found and there was nothing else more to do......That he is a go and can enter the US.....cant explaine what relif Im feeling right now ......I know I need to keep everything in control andnot let myself get to excited........We never know what is around the corner....However I am feeling very good about this.....It went so fast......I cant belive it.......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Offical update...... :dance: Im going to go out and dance in the street this mor.....LOL LOL ... Called the DC office and with in less then 1day and a half they recieved, started, and almost completed the investagation.....They told me I would be hearing from the Embassy very soon. Was told that the less time it takes for them to investagate generally means that nothing was found and there was nothing else more to do......That he is a go and can enter the US.....cant explaine what relif Im feeling right now ......I know I need to keep everything in control andnot let myself get to excited........We never know what is around the corner....However I am feeling very good about this.....It went so fast......I cant belive it.......

That is beautiful...thanks for the updates :) Hope you will be reunited very soon :)

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am doing the happy dance for you at my desk :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Wonderful news!!! You and your husband should be reunited very soon!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Whoo Hoo!! Praise God! I'm so happy for you! Great news.

:dance:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

I am so happy I dont know what to do with myslef......This is one long journey and know i see more then just light at the end of this tunnel.......I am being able to breath again and feel the hope and joy of being reunited with my Husband again soon......Even if it a month it is much better then 3 month or 6 months or even longer......I have not seen my Husband in a year and a half......Now I am beginning to feel like a new bride all over again....LOL LOL ....anway Will keep you all posted.......Will be calling them again tonight or tomorrow......Thank you everybody for your well whishes........ (L)

Filed: Other Timeline

Woohoo! That is excellent news! Prayer truly changes things. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am so happy to hear this most recent update. Keep us posted and KEEP thinking postively!!!!!

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.